Needs for next year

blue85gold

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

I only went to one game this season,   it was very clear that Nichols had many guys wide open and simply did not see them.    He also was very hesitant on making throws and played scared IMO ,  reminded me a lot of Drew Willy after he was banged around and shell shocked.     Streveler went in and instantly found targets not named Harris and instantly the team started to move down the field.   

What game was that?

58 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Vs Ottawa

Streveler went in after Nichols was injured on a play late in the 4th quarter. He made 4 completions on 5 attempts for all of 36 yards. Of those passes, he hit Adams twice, Thompkins once, and Harris once.

I guess I'm curious as to what's impressive about that.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Vs Ottawa

I'm on the fence about Nichols.  I'm not a big supporter but by no means is he not still a massive upgrade over a Drew Willy type guy.  At least he makes conservative decisions and gives the team a chance to win.  He had one tough stretch there but pulled through and posted a bunch of wins down the stretch including a playoff win.

With Bo likely heading to the NFL we end up having the 2nd best starter in the West this season and the best up and comer with upside in Streveler. To me a lot will depend on how much Nichols can rehab his knee in the offseason. If he can come in 100% with his 2017 level of mobility there's a lot of hope he can have a better season than 2018.  But we gotta keep having a role for Steveler game in and game out.  Just because we start the season with Nichols doesn't mean Streveler doesn't take over at some point. Lets see how he looks in training camp when coming back with a year of experience. 

Bo has had 2 many workouts. I feel he stays In the CFL. CFL guys who get 10 15 20 workouts generally dont seem to sign. Its the guy that gets 1 or 2 who does. Odd. 

Its almost like the now yearly ny giants signing every top 5 6 7 cfl drafted players and releasing all after camp. 

U know he don't got much of a chance. 

Hope for his sake he does and ours but for CFLs sake.. He hopefully stays in Calgary.