Needs for next year

blue85gold

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎09 at 4:53 AM, J5V said:

Here's the thing about that. I was born and raised in Winnipeg and have life-long friends and contacts there. We talk Bombers and CFL all the time. They are a source of Bomber information that you just don't get from the majority of posters here. I've known them all my life. The posters here not so much. I tend to believe them and time generally proves them to be right. They've been following the club longer than most of you have been alive. Does that mean they're right about everything? No, but then neither are the posters here. The biggest difference is that they tend to handle objective/differing viewpoints better. It is what it is. I take it all with a grain of salt.

The ol' "I know people who know" line. Classic. LOL

Just so you know, that is not a trump card and only makes you look foolish. You have no contacts or connections to an inside track with the club.

You enjoy habitually dragging the WFC through the mud and making up stories while doing so - usually after a bad loss or whenever O'Shea appears on your TV. The reality is you know nothing more than anyone else on here, so your list of speculative assertions is essentially meaningless. The last thing you should do on a public forum is attempt to pull your hometown friends into the mud with you.

And you're one of the last people who should lecture others on being objective. Spare us your tired BS, man.

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

A poster said the president was fixing the books but provided zero proof. 

Hardly a shocking comment coming from the same poster who said this earlier in the thread: "J5V....some people can’t handle reality. That is the difference between objectivity- reality and the subjectivity of people who are simply fans."

11 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I'm more curious as to what sort of sentence you were trying to build here.

His forum handle seems spurious at best, but at least one thing is clear: he isn't Dr. English.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

You compare the Bombers to a broken down jalopy, but ya, you don't insult the club.  With all due respect, you're full of ****. And remember I'm saying that with all due respect.  Go Bombers !

I will do my best to remember to add some "lol's" so as to help reduce your stress.............................................................lol 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Shake and bake!

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

I wanna go fast

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The ol' "I know people who know" line. Classic. LOL

Just so you know, that is not a trump card and only makes you look foolish. You have no contacts or connections to an inside track with the club.

You enjoy habitually dragging the WFC through the mud and making up stories while doing so - usually after a bad loss or whenever O'Shea appears on your TV. The reality is you know nothing more than anyone else on here, so your list of speculative assertions is essentially meaningless. The last thing you should do on a public forum is attempt to pull your hometown friends into the mud with you.

And you're one of the last people who should lecture others on being objective. Spare us your tired BS, man.

56 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

People also seem to know what or who other people know.....curious how that works? 

48 minutes ago, JCon said:

47 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I'm more curious as to what sort of sentence you were trying to build here.

34 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hardly a shocking comment coming from the same poster who said this earlier in the thread: "J5V....some people can’t handle reality. That is the difference between objectivity- reality and the subjectivity of people who are simply fans."

His forum handle seems spurious at best, but at least one thing is clear: he isn't Dr. English.

9 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I will do my best to remember to add some "lol's" so as to help reduce your stress.............................................................lol 

Wow. I see that off-season is in full swing....

Hohoho.....fan.....by definition coms from the word fanatic. I have no expectation that there is any direct connection between objectivity and subjectivity.  Having spent 30 years in professional sport I understand that teams are dependent upon their “fan base”.  I attended a sports marketing conference and the speaker emphasized that given the fact that winning and losing is a 50-50 proposition the onus on team is to sell the notion of “hope”....hope for the future. 

Forgive me if I don’t quality as a sports fan. I watch sports in hope of seeing great plays, execution, competition and athletisism where the outcome maybe in doubt and might hinge on the final minute, the last pass, shot or play regardless of the team, player or sport.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I'm pretty sure with how the Bombers organization is structured, such a thing would be damn near impossible.  Wade Miller is accountable to the 12 person Board of Directors, who's primary role I would think is to analyze the financial situation of the club, being publicly owned.   Don't think such a thing would slip through the hands of these highly credible folks:  https://www.bluebombers.com/board-of-directors/

What a crazy statement!

Edited by trueBlue83

1 minute ago, trueBlue83 said:

I'm pretty sure with how the Bombers organization is structured, such a thing would be damn near impossible.  Wade Miller is accountable to the 12 person Board of Directors, who's primary role I would think is to analyze the financial situation of the club, being publicly owned.   Don't think such a thing would slip through the hands of these highly credible folks:  https://www.bluebombers.com/board-of-directors/

What a crazy statement!

And, it's independently audited with a clean audit report. 

There is no way an auditor is signing off a clean audit report and then turning around telling some buddy that things are dodgy. 

7 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

What a crazy statement!

I'm surprised nobody has accused this poster of being a troll.  Also I'm sure an accusation like this would be quite insulting to Mr Miller and everyone he works with.

I hear that attendance isn't what it has been reported to be and that's an opinion that I know has been shared by more folks than me. Also I hear there was little to no secondary revenue to speak of this year either. I guess we'll see the official numbers in April.

It's comical when someone says "I hear blah, blah, blah..." and can't substantiate any of it. Yeah, I'm sure your friend's brother's barber's lawn mower repairman is a legitimate source.

The WFC generated a profit in 2016. The WFC generated a profit in 2017. There's nothing to suggest 2018 will be different - beyond some crackpot conspiracy garbage, of course. It'd be nice to see the tinfoil trolls get the banhammer.

15 hours ago, J5V said:

I hear that attendance isn't what it has been reported to be and that's an opinion that I know has been shared by more folks than me. Also I hear there was little to no secondary revenue to speak of this year either. I guess we'll see the official numbers in April.

You know attendance is based off ticket sales and not butts in seats right?

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You know attendance is based off ticket sales and not butts in seats right?

Distributed tickets, so even the ones they give away. But, yes, I'm certain that poster doesn't care about facts because someone told him something. 

Ridiculous. 

And secondary revenue is based on other events that happen like playoff games, concerts, the GC, Heritage Classic FIFA Women's WC, etc. Not sure how he squares that peg to suggest Miller is somehow cooking the books because the IGF didn't host many marquee events. 

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's comical when someone says "I hear blah, blah, blah..." and can't substantiate any of it. Yeah, I'm sure your friend's brother's barber's lawn mower repairman is a legitimate source.

The WFC generated a profit in 2016. The WFC generated a profit in 2017. There's nothing to suggest 2018 will be different - beyond some crackpot conspiracy garbage, of course. It'd be nice to see the tinfoil trolls get the banhammer.

Meh. At the end of the day, we're here to generate discussion. It's all conjecture.

Outside a couple of obvious trolls, I don't mind people throwing out wild theories.