Needs for next year

blue85gold

Just now, do or die said:

If the Riders make no other changes at QB.....they gonna love him again.  Of course they might get Durant, without the 70K baggage.......

There is no love between Durant and Jones, don't see that happening.  I don't know what we will do, but don't think it will be that. 

10 hours ago, Mark H. said:

And you know what - I’m quite sure they knew this. Unfortunately their solution was to sign Adarius Bowman. 

But even if Bowman had worked out, that would have made the total, one. One receiver in 5 years. Isn't that just weird? Look at the top teams in the league. They seem to find great receivers all the time. I just don't understand what happens where we're concerned. Are we not offering enough money? Is it just not a priority for some reason?

58 minutes ago, J5V said:

But even if Bowman had worked out, that would have made the total, one. One receiver in 5 years. Isn't that just weird? Look at the top teams in the league. They seem to find great receivers all the time. I just don't understand what happens where we're concerned. Are we not offering enough money? Is it just not a priority for some reason?

Maybe it's more than a coincidence that those teams have (or have had) great QB's.  Who did Toronto find at receiver?  Montreal?  Sask?  BC?

Really it's Calgary, Edmonton and Hamilton who you're talking about.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Maybe it's more than a coincidence that those teams have (or have had) great QB's.  Who did Toronto find at receiver?  Montreal?  Sask?  BC?

Really it's Calgary, Edmonton and Hamilton who you're talking about.

In the last 5 years I'd argue that just about every team in the league has done better at finding receivers than we have. My question remains, why? The 3 teams you mentioned, yes certainly, but why? What are they doing that we aren't? Someone must have some insight into this. It is glaringly obvious to me that something isn't working right or is broken and hasn't been fixed in 5 years. That needs to change, IMO.

Is it possible that receivers don't want to come here because of a) Lapo and his style of offense, and/or b) O'shea and his unwillingness to play players like Petermann, Simonise, Thompkins, and Washington yet players like Lankford play repeatedly despite his lack of performance, and/or c) Matt Nichols and his apparent struggles to get the ball into the hands of his receivers, especially beyond 20 yards? Just asking.