Needs for next year

blue85gold

Nevis and Neufeld are pretty affordable tho for their experience/skill level...I believe Nevis was 120k a year and Neufeld is about 140K...Neuf is signed for 2019...Nevis is a 1 year deal so if he was to come back at same price...I'd have no issues...unsung hero this year on the D-line.

I know Opo restructured last year, so getting him back at an affordable price may not be out of question, and would not hurt us...and although just only turned 29...still probably has a solid season or 2 in him, but preferably would like to see us find another Jeffcoat...younger and cheaper to use portion of his salary elsewhere. 

Randle can stay as far as I'm concerned. Got beat a few times, but otherwise was solid. His numbers show that as well. Fogg, he can not be a starter day 1 next year. Sure he makes the odd play, but I think that has more to do with just the amount of plays that are thrown his way. He gets picked on a lot, and occasionally makes a play.

Need a star import WR. Someone who has game breaking ability. Any one of the names mentioned above I'd be happy with...with the exception of Matthews. Solid WR don't get me wrong, but just a personal preference to have more speed.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the buzz from insiders about a month ago was that Manny Arceneaux was for sure going to be a Bomber next summer, but I'm not sure I want him anymore. 2011 Manny Show, maybe.....

Gotta admit, it would be funny if we replaced 34 year old frequently injured Dressler with 32 year old Arceneaux coming off a major injury. Yikes, would that ever be a horrible idea. 

Just now, Stickem said:

Could we please get rid of that special teams bozo...A fence post with hair could do a better job...To say it was pathetic for the most part of the year is an under statement...O'Shea has got to be embarrassed watching that sh$t show

Who and or what are you referring to exactly?

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the buzz from insiders about a month ago was that Manny Arceneaux was for sure going to be a Bomber next summer, but I'm not sure I want him anymore. 2011 Manny Show, maybe.....

He has lost a step for sure, but he has good hands

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

Who and or what are you referring to exactly?

Kicking was great....otherwise scrap it it...We broke down in contain on a lot of kicks...allowing the better returners in this league to eat us up ...Penalties on a ton of runbacks wiping out any gains leaving us starting on our 25 yd. line a lot...I don't think a single punt return or returner of any note stands out to me this year...

6 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Kicking was great....otherwise scrap it it...We broke down in contain on a lot of kicks...allowing the better returners in this league to eat us up ...Penalties on a ton of runbacks wiping out any gains leaving us starting on our 25 yd. line a lot...I don't think a single punt return or returner of any note stands out to me this year...

So are you saying scrap the coordinator? Bring in new returners? 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

An upgrade from Dressler to a dominant receiver that pushes Darvin to #2 on our depth chart.

A replacement for Chris Randle

A more steady, solid third import receiver (but this should ideally be a new recruit, to be honest)

A safety, since I’m going to assume Loffler leaves town 

I would imagine that if Loffler leaves town that we might change our ratio. We could look at starting a Canadian on the defensive line instead.  Depends I guess on what we pick up with our 3rd and 6th overall picks.

I wanted to post something this morning but wasn't sure where to put it.  I am choosing this post because it is about "next year"....

this morning at 6:00 a.m.  My phone went off which is a rarity.  I immediately starting cursing the first couple of rider fans I know as they would love to message me about the game, Plus the bonus of waking me up. ....but it wasn't one of them.  It was a cousin letting me know about another cousin who's husband had a heart attack and passed away during the night.  Right then all the bad thoughts about the game just washed away.......  ........ it was just a game yesterday.  And we get more next year if we are lucky enough to be around to watch.  So yeh, here's to next year.....Go Bombers

I would imagine there will be plenty of receivers on the market this offseason. Calgary has recently signed Chris Matthews and Markeeth Ambles has really come into his own. I haven't seen Calgary's free agent list but no doubt they are going to have to let a couple receivers go.  We just need one of them. 

18 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Westwood and Bauming were saying this a.m. that they expect Wolitarsky to play slotback next season. I could see him having a big year there (a la Gerald Wilcox). 

i would love it, if true, but I don't think either of those two has a hot clue what this team will do next year at SB. 

I think we need to see who we're able to re-sign this offseason before FA. Our wish list could grow dramatically depending on who signs before that time. GMs are going to really earn their pay this year (or not). 

All things being equal, I would like to see an upgrade at receiver and returner. Wouldn't mind a fresh pair of legs or two at DB.