3 stars plus hh long cold winter edition

wbbfan

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

1 Jeffcoat. 2 more sacks great pressure tonight. 

2 medlock. Huge punt, 57 yarder, made every field goal. 

3 Harris. Some huge runs, we fell out of it and got away from him but he worked hard for every yard. 

Hh the forced fumble recovered by Loffler. I think it was Sayles? On the strip. 

What did the officials have against Sayles and Alexander? They fell victim to some very soft penalty calls today.

1. Medlock - pretty much the only reason we were on the score board
  2. Harris - I hope he's got more in the tank for next season. Deserved better play calls
  3. Jeffcoat - a big sack early set the tone for a strong defensive effort. Pressure on BLM kept us in the game longer than maybe we should have been,

HH - Simonise for picking up our biggest offensive play of the game, and the Bomber fans in the stands for repping our team in hostile territory.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

What did the officials have against Sayles and Alexander? They fell victim to some very soft penalty calls today.

I wish I knew. Some ridiculous ticky tack calls in coverage. I could just see them thinking, in no other world of football is that a penalty. I continue to be disgusted by what is consider PI these days.

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

Nichols just said, "I thought I played pretty good"

HH to him for his delusions

Gross. The big difference was when under pressure BLM stood tall, stepped up into the pocket and threw. Nichols has been tucking the ball at the first sight of pressure and has seemed confused by the option to run himself. I suspect the ladder is from his lingering knee injury. 

Bering present in the stands maybe I saw it differently than on tv...

- Medlock scored us points but that one punt in the 2nd quarter that went almost straight up, and bounced back towards us didn't help (and the next drive cgy scored 7)... completely changed momentum.

- our secondary couldn't stop a wet noodle in a paper bag. BLM was able to get 20+ yard plays all night long

- our O-line wasn't giving matt as much protection as he needed

- CGY's Secondary and DB's had their game of the season IMHO.

We have lots of positives to build off of. Some great talent on our team, but the main diff is CGY has experience and it showed. Our first time in the "2nd" big game in years. Maybe the curse of the visiting team?

No massive rebuild next year. Fill some gaps and give Streveler a bit more experience but otherwise keep on trucking. Keep it up and we will be fighting for 2nd/1st for the next few years.

Edited by jazzsax

10 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

Bering present in the stands maybe I saw it differently than on tv...

- Medlock scored us points but that one punt in the 2nd quarter that went almost straight up, and bounced back towards us didn't help (and the next drive cgy scored 7)... completely changed momentum.

- our secondary couldn't stop a wet noodle in a paper bag. BLM was able to get 20+ yard plays all night long

- our O-line wasn't giving matt as much protection as he needed

Does not compute. Calgary passing game was not that great - BLM threw for only 60 yards more than Nichols. No D in the CFL will ever shut him down entirely. 

The OL protection was ok but Nichols left the pocket as soon as there was a hint of pressure. 

2 hours ago, AKAChip said:

I didn’t hear the quote but it doesn’t surprise me in the least if true. Of all of Nichols’ horrible qualities, his lack of personal accountability is by far the most annoying. 

Oh get off Nichols case. I wasn't happy with his play either but he doesn't deserve to be trashed by a fan like you so give it a rest.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I said I'd buy a Nichols Jersey if he got us to the Grey Cup....not even win it, just get us there.   I cant put enough emphasis on how hard this organization needs to wake up and realize this guy doesn't have the tools.  So he wakes up early, and shows up ready to work. So does the janitor.  It doesn't mean he's the guy when he cant move the sticks.  Harris looked dejected after a few missed throws....  Dessler knows he missed him on a couple big plays.  He'll be a good high school coach I'm sure.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Look, I'm not happy with him tonight but fans trashing him isn't fair either. His "horrible traits"??? What is he, an axe murderer? 

You're not going to get sympathy out of me.   Theres alot of new Nichols detractors.  But I've been saying this for 2 years.  He cant complete long passes on a regular basis. That equates to not being a good.QB.

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

He’s a professional athlete. He should get used to it. 

What, get used to you? LOL.  Because pleasing you is Job #1. Criticize his play, sure.  That's legit& I have no issue with that. But don't go criticizing his character based on a sound bite after the game. You don't known him or have ever spoken to the guy. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What, get used to you? LOL.  Because pleasing you is Job #1. Criticize his play, sure.  That's legit& I have no issue with that. But don't go criticizing his character based on a sound bite after the game. You don't known him or have ever spoken to the guy. 

You’re being a tad overdramatic and literal. I’m not insulting his character. I’ll clarify: for all his flaws as a professional quarterback, his lack of accountability is the most annoying. I’m sure he’s a stand up guy in real life, frankly I don’t care and don’t speak to it. 

3 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

You’re being a tad overdramatic and literal. I’m not insulting his character. I’ll clarify: for all his flaws as a professional quarterback, his lack of accountability is the most annoying. I’m sure he’s a stand up guy in real life, frankly I don’t care and don’t speak to it. 

You said one of his "horrible qualities" was lack of accountability which draws on his character.  I felt that was an unfair swipe. So, I commented. 

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You said one of his "horrible qualities" was lack of accountability which draws on his character.  I felt that was an unfair swipe. So, I commented. 

I was not clear then and I apologize. I meant to comment solely on his ability as a professional quarterback, though that includes off the field.