Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Three, WESTERN FINAL: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Calgary Stampeders November 18th, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Why would Mike Reilly go to Saskatchewan? Bad OL, bad OC and if they pay him the $550,000 -$600,000 needed to land him, you lose some of those guys on D. He knows Maas and has good weapons there. Knows Hervey too, good weapons there and its close to his home.

Why would anyone want to go to Saskatchewan is the better question..

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Why would Mike Reilly go to Saskatchewan? Bad OL, bad OC and if they pay him the $550,000 -$600,000 needed to land him, you lose some of those guys on D. He knows Maas and has good weapons there. Knows Hervey too, good weapons there and its close to his home.

Reilly has a bad OL and a bad OC where he is now. 

14 hours ago, Fizz said:

The Riders will be better

Oh based on what? The qb situation they got figured out? The money they're going to have to spend to keep that D intact? You expect your team to score as many defensive points as they did this past season? 

The Riders are the prime candidate to regress next season. 

15 hours ago, Fizz said:

Good luck with that.

Calgary isn't going to get weaker.

The Riders will be better

Tough hill to climb to get first in the west, you guys will be in a dogfight just to finish 3rd again.

lol...The Stamps could quite possibly be without a true number one QB next year..that will definately make them weaker 

Sask definitely will be weaker as that horseshoe they had crammed up their cramhole fell out already..Hughes I doubt will be back and faded badly...Not a guarantee Jefferson is back there even if he doesn't get an NFL sniff which I doubt he gets..Same with Evogoen.....and you have zero QB'ing and minimal options and pretty much a given you will roll with same crap you had last year....or some other unproven guy..or a reclamation project in Willy or Jennings...or beg Glenn back.....I see Ssk next year as a .500 team at best..

Edited by Booch

14 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

LMFAO what does Chris Jones put in your water?!?!? Better how exactly?? You just stated in your other post that Eguavoen(your best player) is likely gone, possibly Jefferson too(your second best player), yet somehow your defense is going to be better next year?!?!? Your freaking defense virtually outscored your offense at a rate that is unheard of and completely unsustainable, and not to mention was directly related to those two guys who may be gone next season, yet the Riders D is going to be better??  Holy **** man. Do you drop your pants when you talk out of your a** or is it muffled? And lord almighty don't get me started on your depth at QB which makes the Buffalo Bills look deep. Please keep your insane ramblings to the confines of riderfans where the rest of the Jim Jones, errr Chris Jones disciples gather to spew verbal diarrhea.

This is an enemy site, so I expect to take some shrapnel. But your personal insults are a little over the top.

But hey at least we have some players that are NFL caliber.....you not so much.

Before you go proclaiming your team a contender for first next year, take a look at your own free agent list, all your top D players are free agents. Bighill will be back in BC I bet and you will lose others.

Your O line all will want big raises so I doubt you can keep them all, but hey why talk football like a grown up when you can hurl insults.

Where did I say we were going to be a contender? My post was solely aimed at your asinine proclamation that the Riders will be better than 12-6 next year based on nothing more than the usual ridiculous Rider homerism as opposed to reality. And be prepared to be insulted when you come to a Bomber fan site after a playoff loss and spew your verbal diarrhea. Please go back to Jonestown and consume the koolaid over there.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

20 minutes ago, Fizz said:

This is an enemy site, so I expect to take some shrapnel. But your personal insults are a little over the top.

Before you go proclaiming your team a contender for first next year, take a look at your own free agent list, all your top D players are free agents. Bighill will be back in BC I bet and you will lose others.

Your O line all will want big raises so I doubt you can keep them all, but hey why talk football like a grown up when you can hurl insults.

Bombers will lose people, everyone will, difference between the Bombers and Riders is that the Bombers have depth. 

26 minutes ago, Fizz said:

and your QB for next year is who?????

And Goosen will need a slightly higher bump..Chungh already got one...so his increase won't be much...same with Bryant...he probably signs back for 5 k more...big whip

Edited by Booch

3 hours ago, Fizz said:

Is this why you are here,  you don't like over the top personal insults and couldn't take reading riderfans anymore,  and you seen this place is way classier than that green swamp of a site so you post here now ?  

• 1 month later...
On 2018-11-18 at 8:15 PM, RiderPrider said:

Let’s get real. Bombers had no business being in the western final. Prior to playoffs, Riders lost their starting QB to a no-call dirty hit.  Bombers got fined for no-call rough play, and a headshot on back-up QB in quarter final versus Riders. During the Semi-final versus Stamps numerous missed calls by the refs gave Bombers an uneven playing field. Otherwise, it would have been a rout. Riders, in spite of being only three years into a rebuild, continue to outperform the Bombers. Two teams going in two opposite directions....just the fact. Kindest regards. 

Gotta love that rider math.   finished behind us at the end of the year and yet.. outperformed us.

Ok champ.  go on and head back to your hole for a year.

14 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Gotta love that rider math.   finished behind us at the end of the year and yet.. outperformed us.

Ok champ.  go on and head back to your hole for a year.

The part Rider Prider is missing here is that the Riders won a lot of close games this season and it inflated their record.  Won't hold long term.  I wouldn't consider Zach Collares play as having been that of starting qb.  Seems like all the media coverage out of Saskatchewan is that they need to do a better of finding qaurterbacks. And whether or not the hit on Zach was properly punished by the league Zach is the most injury prone qb in the league and wouldn't have played in the playoffs even if a suspension had been handed out.  The no call on Jackson Jeffcoat again wasn't a game changer. They would have still been looking at an extremely low percentage hail mary had the play been penalized. Dwelling on injuries and reffing is a losers game.