Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Three, WESTERN FINAL: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Calgary Stampeders November 18th, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

Do some people here actually think Lapo will be let go?  Unless some other team signs him to be a head coach, he will be back.  He can take some of the blame but he is limited in his options with an immobile QB who is unable to throw the long ball with semi-regular accuracy.  O'shea will stay loyal...and is there a better option?

Edited by blueandgoldguy

1 hour ago, Scorch said:

That’s not arrogance, that’s just being a whiner. 

With that said, I didn’t like that comment from Dickenson either

Dave Dickenson is a good coach but he's an arrogant, whiny ******* too. The Miced up segments have done him no favours, just show what a ****** he is.

41 minutes ago, RiderPrider said:

Let’s get real. Bombers had no business being in the western final. Prior to playoffs, Riders lost their starting QB to a no-call dirty hit.  Bombers got fined for no-call rough play, and a headshot on back-up QB in quarter final versus Riders. During the Semi-final versus Stamps numerous missed calls by the refs gave Bombers an uneven playing field. Otherwise, it would have been a rout. Riders, in spite of being only three years into a rebuild, continue to outperform the Bombers. Two teams going in two opposite directions....just the fact. Kindest regards. 

The same ZC that had fewer td passes than our backup was going to lead you to glory? We have two options at QB, you have none. We have better canadian talent. Tell me again who is better off.

Mitchell is just better than Nicholls. 

We needed a big return today and didn't get one, gotta find a guy who is a threat to break one every time.

And we need a number 1 receiver.

Just not enough speed on offence from our weapons.

Calgary is still a very good team and we aren't quite there yet. It shouldn't be hard for them to fill in the blanks on offence. 

46 minutes ago, RiderPrider said:

Let’s get real. Bombers had no business being in the western final. Prior to playoffs, Riders lost their starting QB to a no-call dirty hit.  Bombers got fined for no-call rough play, and a headshot on back-up QB in quarter final versus Riders. During the Semi-final versus Stamps numerous missed calls by the refs gave Bombers an uneven playing field. Otherwise, it would have been a rout. Riders, in spite of being only three years into a rebuild, continue to outperform the Bombers. Two teams going in two opposite directions....just the fact. Kindest regards. 

What's your team's excuse even making the playoffs with the 2 crappy qbs you had? 

41 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Do some people here actually think Lapo will be let go?  Unless some other team signs him to be a head coach, he will be back.  He can take some of the blame but he is limited in his options with an immobile QB who is unable to throw the long ball with semi-regular accuracy.  O'shea will stay loyal...and is there a better option?

There is always a better option. Just have to find it. 

2 hours ago, Justin Case said:

I always laugh how people try and justify their recent loss by going back in time to their great grandpappys days. 

Sorry but in today day and age. It’s what have you done for me lately. Sadly there are thousands of Bomber fans that have never seen their team win a Grey Cup. The team you speak of has won Cups in 2007 and 2013. So their younger fans have been drawn in. While it’s getting tougher for the young ones to get pumped about the Bombers. 

Rider fans... just beautiful. Just wow. You come on here chirping… Although I am disappointed by today, the pain is so sweetly muted by the fact that we played one week longer than you. By the fact that your first ever game at Mosaic Stadium will go down as a loss to the blue bombers. And your first ever playoff game in Mosaic Stadium will also go down as a loss to the blue bombers.

Nothing that happens from this point on will ever change those facts. Isn’t that just lovely? 

Now, I will enjoy the next six months following our national hockey league team… While you will…huh...Come to think of it, what the hell will you do? 

34 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The same ZC that had fewer td passes than our backup was going to lead you to glory? We have two options at QB, you have none. We have better canadian talent. Tell me again who is better off.

Don’t feed the troll lol 😂 that guys gotta go 

I agree with those who have said we were out coached today. The players played hard especially the defence and Harris. Our offensive game plan did not to be one where we attack aggressively but rather just don’t make a mistake! I don’t believe I have ever seen a QB throw the ball away as much and seldom throw downfield. It is either the OC or the QB.

Another question I have is why was #12 returning punts and the best in the CFL was not? Was Fogg hurt, did I miss something, or was this another coaching blunder?

i also believe Bighill was hampered by his hand. All in all not an unexpected loss but a loss nonetheless. Defences can will titles but the offence has to contribute a little. 4 field goals doesn’t cut it sorry

21 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Nichols felt he played fine today. Guy never mans up and takes responsibility for his poor play. Hate guys like that.

I HATE this about Nichols. Not the attitude of the winner, or of a q.b. For that matter. Of course I don’t know what he said but he is so Kevin Glenn like personality wise that it’s irritaiting 

1 hour ago, RiderPrider said:

LMFAO. 12-6 was the biggest smoke and mirror job this league has ever seen. Your ****ing defense scored more TD's than your starting QB for the love of god. If you think that's sustainable you need to put down the crack pipe bro. Your QB depth is one hit away from Jones digging up Ron Lancaster.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Vegas odds makers had Riders as heavy favourites before BB was announced the starter, then marginally underdogs afterward. Enough said. 

If Nichols thinks he played fine today......then he is delusional.   Not a lot of poise in the pocket at all, today.  

But in case, anyone thinks I am picking on him alone.......receivers had problems getting open, our OL certainly did not dominate, LAPO came up with one of the most tentative game plans, I have seen from him......and the GM never addressed our holes on KR and receiver opposite Adams, all year....

Guess I about covered it.  Disappointing on a lot of levels....

Edited by do or die

29 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Nichols felt he played fine today. Guy never mans up and takes responsibility for his poor play. Hate guys like that.

What planet is this guy on? Im so ready to move on from that clown. When he was doing his best season torpedoing choke job throwing pick sixes like candy I still remember his comment basically throwing his receivers under the bus and not once taking responsibility for his **** play. Man up you tool.

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

What planet is this guy on? Im so ready to move on from that clown. When he was doing his best season torpedoing choke job throwing pick sixes like candy I still remember his comment basically throwing his receivers under the bus and not once taking responsibility for his **** play. Man up you tool.

Matt Nichols doing his best Bret Hart:   The most Mediocre there is.  The Most Mediocre there ever was.  The most Mediocre there ever will be.

Is there something in the ****ing water? I swear Nichols is turning into Drew Willy 2.0

The saddest part is Nichols has the best o-line in the league in front of him. Can you freaking imagine Nichols behind the swiss cheese line Willy had?!?!? Christ, he would have thrown for negative yards today and would still be rocking back and forth in the dressing room drenched in his own urine.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

9 hours ago, do or die said:

If Nichols thinks he played fine today......then he is delusional.   Not a lot of poise in the pocket at all, today.  

But in case, anyone thinks I am picking on him alone.......receivers had problems getting open, our OL certainly did not dominate, LAPO came up with one of the most tentative game plans, I have seen from him......and the GM never addressed our holes on KR and receiver opposite Adams, all year....

Guess I about covered it.  Disappointing on a lot of levels....

I can’t disagree with anything you said here. The only caveat I would offer to the critique of our GM is the fact that it appears that Mike O’Shea is extremely resistant to bringing in new people partway through the year. It is part of his very dysfunctional “loyal to a fault” quality.

Actually, that quality is more than dysfunctional. It proves fatal every year and manifested again on Sunday in his refusal to replace a quarterback (even for 2 or 3 series) who just did not have it.

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

13 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Let's not lose sight of who actually beat us today. Calgary is a good team and their record reflects that. They have one of the most effective QBs the CFL has ever seen and their depth at receiver is ridiculous. I sincerely hope they choke because frankly it's sickening.

I think that is why the game was so frustrating. When the team on the other side is better than you, you can't win by playing it safe. You need to open it up and take risks, which we didn't or couldn't do. We played them like we played the Riders, and that was a recipe for failure.