Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Three, WESTERN FINAL: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Calgary Stampeders November 18th, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

Just now, TheBandit said:

Yeah we lost this year but at least our streak doesn’t continue. Your team had a legit chance to win this year and your idiot coach and mediocre QB crapped the bed. 

Meh, It would realistically take 40-50 years for the Riders to reach the championship level success of the Bombers. That includes us never winning one for another 40-50 years. The streak means nothing. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

New Bombers fan here who joined up after the first 5 games.  Tough way to see the season end but it was a fun ride.  Sure wish the O would have done a little better on 2nd down.  Looked like my NY Giants on 3rd down.  We call it the Tango Offense.  One, two, three kick.

And I just got my latest Bombers shirts & hat two days ago in preparation for a Grey Cup appearance.  Oh well.  There's always next year.

4 minutes ago, White Out said:

Wasn't JUST Nichols. That was a really bad game from our qb. Receivers were bad, play calling atrocious, but no need to pretend he had even an average game. 

Comes back to calling a game that is achievable.  Nichols having to complete a pass over 10 yards is a stretch.   Calgary knew it, and they forced us into a situation they knew they'd win!

Just now, Jim McD said:

New Bombers fan here who joined up after the first 5 games.  Tough way to see the season end but it was a fun ride.  Sure wish the O would have done a little better on 2nd down.  Looked like my NY Giants on 3rd down.  We call it the Tango Offense.  One, two, three kick.

And I just got my latest Bombers shirts & hat two days ago in preparation for a Grey Cup appearance.  Oh well.  There's always next year.

Oh, we know. Lol

Just now, wpgallday1960 said:

Nichols is a good QB when the Bombers have the lead and he can use Harris in the run game and play action.  Having the Bomber O come from behind is not what he does well.  Just far too conservative.  I hope there is genuine competition with Strevler for the starter next year.

Anyone is a good QB when all they have to do is hand the ball off. 

1 minute ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Nichols is a good QB when the Bombers have the lead and he can use Harris in the run game and play action.  Having the Bomber O come from behind is not what he does well.  Just far too conservative.  I hope there is genuine competition with Strevler for the starter next year.

Wow

If I was Wade Miller and/or Kyle Walters I'd be seriously wondering if maybe, just maybe, an upgrade in coaching and assistants was in order. But I'm not so I doubt it will happen. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

How can you say that after what we saw today??? It starts with LaPo & ends with Nichols. 

I am not even remotely content with LaPo but I do fear his replacement would be even worse. O’Shea loves retread hires and there are a LOT of really bad options out there. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

How can you say that after what we saw today??? It starts with LaPo & ends with Nichols. 

Nichols misses Adams in the endzone. 
Nichols misses Harris in the flats with no one around him.
1st and 10 and no one around for a mile and Nichols hops around on his toes then doesn't take off until its too late even though he had a lane you could drive a bus through
Mitchell had pressure in his face and got the ball out into the hands of his playmakers. Nichols didn't even give anyone a chance.

The onus falls on him

Edited by Dr Zaius

3 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Meh, It would realistically take 40-50 years for the Riders to reach the championship level success of the Bombers. That includes us never winning one for another 40-50 years. The streak means nothing. 

I always laugh how people try and justify their recent loss by going back in time to their great grandpappys days. 

Sorry but in today day and age. It’s what have you done for me lately. Sadly there are thousands of Bomber fans that have never seen their team win a Grey Cup. The team you speak of has won Cups in 2007 and 2013. So their younger fans have been drawn in. While it’s getting tougher for the young ones to get pumped about the Bombers. 

Just now, JJ Barnagel said:

I always laugh how people try and justify their recent loss by going back in time to their great grandpappys days. 

Sorry but in today day and age. It’s what have you done for me lately. Sadly there are thousands of Bomber fans that have never seen their team win a Grey Cup. The team you speak of has won Cups in 2007 and 2013. So their younger fans have been drawn in. While it’s getting tougher for the young ones to get pumped about the Bombers. 

Go ******* Jets Go. enjoy your dump of a province whose tallest building is 6 stories. 

1 minute ago, JJ Barnagel said:

Eliminate your sorry asses at home, that's what.

Looking at it this way. We are basically just edging our way towards the greatest championship jugger-nut every experienced in football fandom. Every season without the GC is going to make our collective cup-gasm that much more epic. These teams that keep winning cups every few years have no self restraint and don't know what they're missing out on. 

Edited by MOBomberFan
Our championships are what you might call 'tantric'