Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Three, WESTERN FINAL: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Calgary Stampeders November 18th, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

Just now, White Out said:

Sure. I don't disagree. But the entire offence was brutal. Pretending otherwise is silly. I just can't abide by the people saying this is 100% on Nichols. 

You’re absolutely right that the offence was brutal but how much of that is having a QB that can’t get playmakers the ball and caves under the slightlest pressure? Most would argue a lot of it. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Leaving Nichols out there for two 2nd and 2 dive handoffs to Harris was inexcusable.  Neither worked and no wonder why.  Nichols isn't a threat.  We have the best short-yardage team in the league and didn't even use them.

The threat of Streveler helped us run out the clock last week... I have no idea why we didn’t go back to that. 

Streveler missed the throw to Harris, but should’ve been used a lot more than he was. 

Just now, AKAChip said:

You’re absolutely right that the offence was brutal but how much of that is having a QB that can’t get playmakers the ball and caves under the slightlest pressure? Most would argue a lot of it. 

Nichols had a very poor game.

Receivers didn't get open 

Offensive line didn't give enough time

Streveler missed an inexcusable go ahead td

Lapolice called a terrible game. 

I fail to see the controversy here. 

Just now, White Out said:

Nichols had a very poor game.

Receivers didn't get open 

Offensive line didn't give enough time

Streveler missed an inexcusable go ahead td

Lapolice called a terrible game. 

I fail to see the controversy here. 

The controversy is that people will continue to defend Nichols regardless of how many embarrassing performances he puts up. This Bomber team was really good at almost every position but Nichols was routinely below average and frequently abysmal. It’s the attitude of blaming the rest of the team and not holding Nichols accountable that keeps us in perennial mediocrity. You cannot win it all with a QB like Nichols unless literally everything else goes right. This isn’t how you win with regularity in the CFL.