Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Three, WESTERN FINAL: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Calgary Stampeders November 18th, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

Do you honestly believe that this score is not reflective of Nichols horrible play? Is that SERIOUSLY what you're saying?

Are you shoving glue in your eyes? Our d is completely imploding. Nichols and the offense aren't cutting the mustard either. They aren't mutually exclusive 

Just now, White Out said:

Are you shoving glue in your eyes? Our d is completely imploding. Nichols and the offense aren't cutting the mustard either. They aren't mutually exclusive 

That's literally exactly my point. The issue I have is that you're defending Nichols.

Nichols sucks. He can't make a play. Harris drags the team on his back and Nichols can't make an open throw, even when Harris is standing in the flat and not moving. Thus we go two or three plays then punt. This has happened several times. That's why our defense has cracked.

Edited by Dr Zaius

4 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

That's literally exactly my point. They're mutually exclusive. The issue I have is that you're defending Nichols.

Nichols sucks. He can't make a play. Harris drags the team on his back and Nichols can't make an open throw. Thus we go two or three plays then punt. This has happened several times. That's why our defense has cracked.

This has and will always be the problem with Nichols. He's a game manager that needs a strong run game and defense behind him to win. It almost seems he dislikes being forced to throw the ball, he wants to nickle and dime on his own terms. If you get down a couple TD's its goodnight. The problem is the CFL isn't a game manager league.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

I know we would have kept the ball, but Harris has got to be smarter than to attempt that lateral as he's going down.  Mistakes will kill you in this kind of a game.

One guy wants to make plays and one guy wants to take a knee.

So first of all, the defence has been very bad. No doubt about that. In fairness to them, good QBs make good defences look bad sometimes but that’s no real excuse. 

With that in mind, Nichols has been horrendous. He relies very heavily on guys being wide open and his receivers making plays after catch. That’s not happening today and he cannot get anything done. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Bottom line.. We put up 2 fgs.. They put up TDs. Our O HAS 86 yards.. Lots of that is Harris

Exactly. We're at our 5 and everyone knows its going to Harris and he rumbles for 20. Nichols can't make a 10 yard completion. It's impossible to win with garbage QB play.

Edited by Dr Zaius

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

This has and will always be the problem with Nichols. He's a game manager that needs a strong run game and defense behind him to win. It almost seems he dislikes being forced to throw the ball, he wants to nickle and dime on his own terms. If you get down a couple TD's its goodnight. The problem is the CFL isn't a game manager league.

Yeah but the frustrating part is that our run game has been acceptable tonight, but he's not helping out Harris.