Thank you, Marc Trestman

Fred C Dobbs

Believe it or not, the guy I was living with while I was at Minnesota, Sam Richter, was neighbours growing up with Marc Trestman. They lived in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. So I gave Trestman a call – I had called him before about the NFL – and said, ‘Hey, I’m thinking about playing in the CFL. What do I need to do to achieve that?’

He told me it was a little late because the season had started and that I’d have to go to a camp and then… that’s when I interrupted and said. ‘Oh, by the way, I can be Canadian.’ He was like, ‘Ooooooh…. In that case, definitely get that citizenship because you could be drafted in a supplemental draft and maybe even play this year as a national player.’ He explained how vital it was to have nationals in the league.

How Drew Wolitarsky became a Bomber:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/11/15/words-drew-wolitarsky/

2 hours ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

A really great read. Wolitarsky comes across as humble and grateful for the chance to play a game he loves. He does look a lot like Matthew McConaghy is the movie "Reign of Fire", though.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

also after basically being ignored for about the first 3 or 4 games after Nichols came back from injury...I see him as a legit 1000 yard guy next year, and a high percentage guy on second down conversions...proved to be pretty clutch in last 3rd of season

Kinda reminds me of Andy Fantuz.

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Best group of Canadian receivers we’ve had since I started watching football. Our Canadian talent is argueably the best and deepest in the league!

It's pretty cool to see Kyle Walters' vision come to partial fruition- he came in on day one and said that the two areas he was going to focus on were Oline and Canadian Talent.

Now let's get some game breaking Import receivers...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

There are so many good guys on the team.  It's amazing. 

seeing a group of people working together like these guys are.

Also, I like Walters sneakiness...... only team Drew didn't hear from prior to the draft, was the Bombers. 

Walters.....lurking in the weeds.

imagine the GM's that are kicking their own asses over Streveler. 

Edited by Mark F

9 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

650 yards and 5 TD’s in his first full season. Sky is the limit for this kid!

Really just a half as Matt Nicholls didn't know who he was until late August. Imagine what his numbers could have been if Matty had been throwing to him earlier. Hopefully they move him inside to slot so he'll be even busier next season.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Really just a half as Matt Nicholls didn't know who he was until late August. Imagine what his numbers could have been if Matty had been throwing to him earlier. Hopefully they move him inside to slot so he'll be even busier next season.

Nichols an Lapo werent paying attention when Streveler was using him ?

15 hours ago, Mark F said:

imagine the GM's that are kicking their own asses over Streveler. 

I'm sure GMs don't get too caught up on that stuff... for example, something Walters might be "kicking his own ass over" would be using a first round supplemental on Garrett Waggoner... we wanted a national LB... well if we had kept that first rounder, there was a man by the name of Alex Singleton that would've been available with that pick... he probably regrets that whole sequence of events but I doubt he dwells on it too much... 

This is why I didn't like the way the Argos fired him this year, even if he did act a little control freakish this year.  He's been instrumental in helping bring players to the league even more than just being a coach, and that was disgraceful of the Maple Leaf Network to act like they did.  I know he's old now and might have other plans at this point in his life, but I hope he can stay involved with this league in some capacity or another whether it's coaching or not.

4 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

This is why I didn't like the way the Argos fired him this year, even if he did act a little control freakish this year.  He's been instrumental in helping bring players to the league even more than just being a coach, and that was disgraceful of the Maple Leaf Network to act like they did.  I know he's old now and might have other plans at this point in his life, but I hope he can stay involved with this league in some capacity or another whether it's coaching or not.

All it'd take is for another team to hire him but other than BC,  I don't see any head coaching  changes coming this off season which is rare. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

45 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Since he was born in the USA, he's more of our Ben Cahoon.

I remember how people used to ***** and moan that Cahoon wasn't really a non-import, back when he and Calvillo were killing us 3x yearly...

yes well if he's Ben Cahoon instead of Joe Pop that's fine too.  Nobody's perfect.