What is your favorite - - EVER - -Bomber VICTORY over the Riders?

BigBlue

For most of my young life the Bombers were in the East so outside of the LDC and BB there were not a lot of meaningful wins against them... with that said, it's hard to top being the first team to win a playoff game in their new stadium... probably just the recency effect...

the only other one that comes close is the BB in 2013... completely meaningless game and that year's squad was one of the worst Bombers teams I've ever witnessed... but that pathetic Bomber team beating the Riders in the first ever BB at IGF was pretty sweet too...  

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

For most of my young life the Bombers were in the East so outside of the LDC and BB there were not a lot of meaningful wins against them... with that said, it's hard to top being the first team to win a playoff game in their new stadium... probably just the recency effect...

the only other one that comes close is the BB in 2013... completely meaningless game and that year's squad was one of the worst Bombers teams I've ever witnessed... but that pathetic Bomber team beating the Riders in the first ever BB at IGF was pretty sweet too...  

Was that the infamous Goltz area? We’ve come a long way since Goltz, Max Hall, Alex Brink, etc. A complete 360 from our disorganized our organization was at one point. 

9 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Was that the infamous Goltz area? We’ve come a long way since Goltz, Max Hall, Alex Brink, etc. A complete 360 from our disorganized our organization was at one point. 

absolutely... that was the game where "offense" (I'm not sure I can legally call what we put on the field that year an offense) took until the after the 3 minute warning to get one first down...

I've had season tickets for 15 years and have seen some pretty bad teams (2005 Jim Daley team, 2010 LaPo team)... but at least those teams put up a bit of a fight... 2013 was utterly pathetic... every game we would just go to hang out b/c we all but expected a blow out loss... I feel like that was the low that we needed to get where we are today...

180 bro. 180. 360 gets us back to where we were. 

But.. Maybe topic wise.. 

Theres a couple. 

2 recent. The first ever win at Mosaic regular season and playoffs. That's Hillarious and History. 

Few years ago I was at the game but drinking lots so vague but banjo bowl.. Huge huuuuge hit on Chris Szarka by a Bomber LB. 

I remember the game being intense on the field. 

Edited by Goalie

1982 Labour Day game.  We won 36-35.   Even in the 1980's when the Riders were crap, they still always seemed to have our number on Labour Day.  I believe this was the game where Bob Cameron went to punt the ball into a stiff breeze and the ball went up and then flew back over his head, landing five yards behind him. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that again.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

55 minutes ago, Goalie said:

But.. Maybe topic wise.. 

Theres a couple. 

2 recent. The first ever win at Mosaic regular season and playoffs. That's Hillarious and History. 

Few years ago I was at the game but drinking lots so vague but banjo bowl.. Huge huuuuge hit on Chris Szarka by a Bomber LB. 

Life always comes full circle. 🙏

just kidding I definitely meant 180 but I was in a rush this morning.

what about the Bombers in 2016 sweeping Saskatchewan in the home and home series? A lot of wins against Saskatchewan recently to choose from!!

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

But.. Maybe topic wise.. 

Theres a couple. 

how do we make this into a gif???

5 hours ago, JCon said:

My very first game, July 5th, 1986.  With my mother, a Rider fan, sitting in the lower East Side. 

Bombers 56 Riders 0.

This! Boy, Tom Clements and the boys laid a lickin' on the Riders that day!

Also, wasn't it Troy Kopp who had that famous comeback (something like 2 TDs in the final moments) circa 2000?? Wasn't that against the Riders? I was going nuts at the end of that one!

September 24, 1983.  My very first live Bomber game, with my mom and dad.  I grew up in the wilds of Northern Ontario so being in a crowd of 25,000 roaring partisans  was something new and amazing to me. We beat the green riders 50-19. It was a perfect time to board the bomber bus because Dieter Brock had been traded the week before and the team was finally evolving from contender to champion.

Nickie Hall started and got a big cheer when he was introduced, but he got dinged up so Tom Clements finished. Willard Reaves ran completely wild, something around 175 yards. I remember vividly the giant flame that shot up out of the stands when the Roughriders scored.  As an 11-year-old, I thought it was super cool, but as an old guy now I can't believe that was actually a thing that happened, it looked pretty dangerous.

Since then I have been lots of places and seen lots of things, but I still feel like a little kid when the blue and gold take the field -- doesn't matter if it's Clements and T-Jones or Harris and Bighill or even Goltz and Muamba.

Edited by johnzo

33 minutes ago, johnzo said:

September 24, 1983.  My very first live Bomber game, with my mom and dad.  I grew up in the wilds of Northern Ontario so being in a crowd of 25,000 roaring partisans  was something completely new and amazing to me.   We beat the green riders 50-19.  It was a perfect time to board the bomber bus because Dieter Brock had been traded the week before and the team was finally evolving from contender to champion.

Nickie Hall started and got a big cheer when he was introduced, but he got dinged up so Tom Clements finished. Willard Reaves ran completely wild, something around 175 yards. I remember vividly the giant flame that shot up out of the stands when the Roughriders scored.  As an 11-year-old, I thought it was super cool, but as an old guy now I can't believe that was actually a thing that happened, it looked pretty dangerous.

Have been a fan ever since.  I still feel like a little kid when I see the blue and gold take the field, doesn't matter if it's Clements and T-Jones or Harris and Bighill or even Goltz and Muamba.

and we had to wait until Sept 15th, 1984 for Dieter to return to Winnipeg, where a 48-16 shellacking was laid down upon Dieter and Ti-Cats in front of a sell-out crowd of 32,946.  Every time Tyrone Jones sacked Dieter the whole stadium went wild and the PA blared the song: BROCK-BUSTERS!!

Edited by kelownabomberfan