Movin' on to take on the Calgary Stampeders!!!!

Wanna-B-Fanboy

This one is going to be a tough one, no doubt... don't forget, Calgary doesn't normally choke until the finals... so we're likely to get their best game this week... remember last year the shomoes went in to Calgary flying and got shut down pretty good... when most pundits were taking Edmonton... 

Actually last year's moes were very similar to this year's Bombers... I believe they won 5 or 6 to close out the season then went on win win the first playoff game on the road...  then went to Calgary with all the perceived momentum...

13 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This one is going to be a tough one, no doubt... don't forget, Calgary doesn't normally choke until the finals... so we're likely to get their best game this week... remember last year the shomoes went in to Calgary flying and got shut down pretty good... when most pundits were taking Edmonton... 

Actually last year's moes were very similar to this year's Bombers... I believe they won 5 or 6 to close out the season then went on win win the first playoff game on the road...  then went to Calgary with all the perceived momentum...

Way to make me more nervous the rest of the week.....lol

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Way to make me more nervous the rest of the week.....lol

I absolutely believe the Bombers can beat the Stamps... I'm just not treating it like a foregone conclusion yet... IMO, this year's grey cup is a toss up between the final four teams...any of them could win it and it wouldn't be a shock... 

Riders had Jefferson. He did squat.

Keys to the game

- field position. The winds in McMahon can play havoc, so not giving up crappy position on special teams is key. 

- establish the run early and wear down Calgary's D

- rattle Bo early, Rack up some points via turnovers. Take out the crowd. Go back to run run run. 

- don't give up the big 15-20 yard plays Bo is famous for

- use all our receiver weapons to spread Calgary thin. 

It will be a good game. I'm ecstatic we are in it, esctatic I get to be there in prime seats by the visitors bench (Row 1, 50 yard line, I will be yelling my face off!), and as long as our boys play hard and don't make stupid mistakes I will be happy with the result.

Was at the LDC in McMahon. Edmonton played it tough. It's easy to get to Bo early and force him to make mistakes. Score points early and fast off turnovers and the game is ours. Give Calgary too many chances and the game is theirs. 

I would like to see A. Harris, Streveler,  and O line  run the ball all over the field. maybe another 200 yards on the ground.

I would also like to see a Nichols to Adams 50 yard bomb for a T.D. , and a pick six off Bo.

and as well....

I hope that the Bombers have some things up the Mike's sweatshirt sleeve that will surprise Dave "Whiney" Dickensen

Edited by Mark F