Would you do this?

Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Trade Buff this off season and give Trouba 7.5 8 million instead. Hes 10 years younger and i feel our team has a bright future with the young guys leading the charge. Buffs NMC becomes modified July 1st..

I still like what Buff brings and  I don't think Trouba wants to be here.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Trade Buff this off season and give Trouba 7.5 8 million instead. Hes 10 years younger and i feel our team has a bright future with the young guys leading the charge. Buffs NMC becomes modified July 1st.. 

It depends.  If you told me it was an either/or situation, you have to consider it.  But Im not convinced Trouba wants to be here unless its a significant over-payment.

Jets are also in the position of winning now...their window just opened.  So can you trade Buff with an eye towards taking a step back?  I dont think so...not with Wheeler playing the way he is and his contract.  

Of course, the X factor is what you get in return.  Do you get a young stuff top 4 D man and a high draft pick?  

I think the Jets' plan is to re-sign Trouba long term and its going to be up to him as to whether he wants to be here or not.  I dont think Buff impacts the decision one way or the other and even if the jets had $7 million extra floating around, they wont over-pay Trouba.  

Trouba is a 1D and wants to be paid like one. He wants to be here... For 7.5 a year. 

Why would anyone trade Trouba for another winger in Nylander.. We dont need him and he wants 8 million. 

I dont get why anyone wants Nylander.. Hes an NHL winger.. Ehlers is better as is Connor Wheeler Laine.. 

The numbers prove that.. 8 million for a guy who isnt as good as Ehlers? 

Edited by Goalie

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

Trouba is a 1D and wants to be paid like one. He wants to be here... For 7.5 a year. 

Why would anyone trade Trouba for another winger in Nylander.. We dont need him and he wants 8 million. 

I dont get why anyone wants Nylander.. Hes an NHL winger.. Ehlers is better as is Connor Wheeler Laine.. 

The numbers prove that.. 8 million for a guy who isnt as good as Ehlers? 

I'm suggesting the Jets could flip Nylander for someone. A three way deal that benefits all. I'm not sure who that third team would be, but a team willing to take Nylander for a D man.

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm suggesting the Jets could flip Nylander for someone. A three way deal that benefits all. I'm not sure who that third team would be, but a team willing to take Nylander for a D man.

But would the Leafs prefer Buff over the D we would get? I'm not so sure. They're coming up against the cap soon and Buff's NMC kicks in next summer. That seems like lose-lose for the Leafs. 

I see you were suggesting Trouba. My mistake. 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yeah, not so much the Jets would flip him but a three way deal where Toronto gets the stud D, Jets get a top 4 D, prospect/pick and the third team gets Nylander.  Too complicated to actually happen.

I think if the Jets knew 100% that Trouba wanted to leave, no matter what, they'd still keep him as long as they could.  Win now.  That's their goal.  They'd let Trouba go to arbitration again, get a one year deal and probably not even trade him til the following summer.  All about icing the best team today.

Buff will retire a Jet.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah, not so much the Jets would flip him but a three way deal where Toronto gets the stud D, Jets get a top 4 D, prospect/pick and the third team gets Nylander.  Too complicated to actually happen.

I think if the Jets knew 100% that Trouba wanted to leave, no matter what, they'd still keep him as long as they could.  Win now.  That's their goal.  They'd let Trouba go to arbitration again, get a one year deal and probably not even trade him til the following summer.  All about icing the best team today.

Buff will retire a Jet.

33 would look really good in the rafters

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Buff will retire a Jet.

We just need a cup before he retires so he can erase the one he won with the Hawks. :-)

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why wouldn't the leafs just trade Nylander for that D man. 

If the Leafs want value Trouba.... 

Jets get a top 4 D or a very good D prospect, Leafs get the stud #1 D man right now.  They value that more.  I dont know.  Wont happen.  I half expected the Pens to trade for Nylander today lol

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If the Leafs want value Trouba.... 

Jets get a top 4 D or a very good D prospect, Leafs get the stud #1 D man right now.  They value that more.  I dont know.  Wont happen.  I half expected the Pens to trade for Nylander today lol

Pens have this winger, Kessel. He can score and he's a Stanley Cup winner. Leafs should go for him!

31 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If its a straight trade TOR would rather have Morrissey.

True but I'm thinking the Jets would make Trouba more available than Morrissey.

In fact my guess is Morrissey isn't available at all to discuss where as Trouba is.

Edited by HardCoreBlue
Clarification

But trading trouba for another Winger and one who wants 7.5 plus a year makes us worse. Why not just give Trouba that 7.5 and move one of our own many wingers for something we need like a lhd who can play on the 2nd pair. 

Jets dont trade for Nylander unless we flip him immediately and i highly doubt we'd trade a d for a forward anyway. 

I mean we are D weak and forward strong. It just makes zero sense to trade a position of weakness (D) for a position of strength (Winger) 

Just now, Goalie said:

But trading trouba for another Winger and one who wants 7.5 plus a year makes us worse. Why not just give Trouba that 7.5 and move one of our own many wingers for something we need like a lhd who can play on the 2nd pair. 

Jets dont trade for Nylander unless we flip him immediately and i highly doubt we'd trade a d for a forward anyway. 

I mean we are D weak and forward strong. It just makes zero sense to trade a position of weakness (D) for a position of strength (Winger) 

Again I'm not suggesting trading for Nylander and keeping him. I'm suggesting that maybe the Jets are in a better position than the leafs to flip him to another team (this requires the third team involved in these discussions prior to any trade completed) as Trouba maybe the Leafs number 1 choice but Nylander isn't our first choice. The moons would have to align here for sure for all three teams to benefit.