Heart Attack City....

DougR

The clock stops with each down after the 3 minute warning or did I miss something?  I was having a heart attack during the final Bomber then Rider drive last night....heart attack city!

Anyway, I am so pleased today.

I had to watch the game in the TV room in my community so, several people came in to see the "novelty" of Canadian Football.  One person was there with me from the last 5 minutes of the game until the end...I had to stand the last minute or two due to being on the edge. 😉

Unfortunately,  I don't get ESPNnews which is the network showing both games on Sunday down here in the U.S.A.  So, I will catch the game on CJOB.  Fingers crossed that I'll be watching the Bombers in the Grey Cup on the following Sunday while visiting my sister in Phoenix Thanksgiving week.

This IS the year!  

GO BOMBERS!

Edited by DougR

22 minutes ago, DougR said:

The clock stops with each down after the 3 minute warning or did I miss something? 

yes.  This is why no lead is safe in the CFL.  It always bugs me to watch NFL teams walking off the field with 40 seconds left in the game and one team up by only a point.  That would never happen in the CFL.

31 minutes ago, DougR said:

The clock stops with each down after the 3 minute warning or did I miss something?  I was having a heart attack during the final Bomber then Rider drive last night....heart attack city!

not quite... the clock starts running once the play is whistled in unless a timeout is taken then the clock starts at the snap (like the NFL)...

for example: in an NFL game, after a running play, the game clock and play clock start to tick immediately... in the CFL there will be about a 10 second (give or take) delay while the officials are placing  the ball, etc... then the play is whistled in and the play and game clock start to run... 

I was also standing the last few min and almost left the room from stress. 

I use ESPN+ on my computer or phone to watch the games when I’m in the US. Only like $5/month or something and the streaming quality is gorgeous so well worth it! 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yes.  This is why no lead is safe in the CFL.  It always bugs me to watch NFL teams walking off the field with 40 seconds left in the game and one team up by only a point.  That would never happen in the CFL.

You have that right.  FOR SURE...I have learned that no lead is safe in the CFL.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching and listening to the Bombers and the CFL in my rookie season.  THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I am going back to the NFL.  I  flip around and a game is on and I keep flipping.  Even when the season ends, I won't go back.

I hear you about the 40 seconds left on the clock and NFL teams walking off the field.  Ridiculous!

GO BOMBERS!

46 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

anyone who is a fan of football should be a fan of the CFL. I strongly believe that our rules are far superior to American rules. 

No doubt in this American's mind.  

I really want to come up to Winnipeg for a game as soon as next season if it works out financially for me down here (in between jobs and sometimes you don't get much in the way of vacation time in the first year).  I picked the right team PERIOD!  Blue Bomber for life!

1 hour ago, Booch said:

did the people who watched with you enjoy it?..I know when I lived in Cali I forced some peeps to watch some games with me....all but one ended up as fans of this league still to this day

Honestly?  Intrigued more than enjoyed.  And frankly, I don't give a damn.  I wanted to watch the game at my local American Legion but, they laughed when I asked about watching the game the night before.  It was as if they thought it was a joke that any red-blooded American male would want to watch anything other than an American sport.  I felt like saying something like ..."you dumb Americans" but, I am one...ha ha.

Nope, the CFL is mine alone down here and FRANKLY, that is suits me fine.

The few checking out yesterday's game thought "oh my....it looks cold with all of those people in winter jackets."  DUH!  It is Canada.  😉

I am going to try to make it up to Winnipeg sometime to see a game and check out the City.  When I travel, I take trips without any biases.  I don't go with anything in mind other than let's check this place out.  I am not looking for some place that is like New Mexico or California where I used live or whatever.  I just go, jump in and enjoy the experience.

2 hours ago, DougR said:

No doubt in this American's mind.  

I really want to come up to Winnipeg for a game as soon as next season if it works out financially for me down here (in between jobs and sometimes you don't get much in the way of vacation time in the first year).  I picked the right team PERIOD!  Blue Bomber for life!

Welcome to the family. Just make sure you develop a real hatred for those Greenies in Saskatchewan & you'll truly be one of us. 

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The Vegas bookies love it though.  ;-)

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Welcome to the family. Just make sure you develop a real hatred for those Greenies in Saskatchewan & you'll truly be one of us. 

I hate the Greenies already.  There is no way I will ever root for those idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIaLtLKERJQ