Congratulations Bombers

Jayph

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

Bridge is just plain bad. Early in game he missed a open receiver, we could have made it 10-0.  later on again he hit the upright with the ball when Roosevelt was open. That 14 points would have been the difference.  Even a plug like Nichols can throw to a open receiver in the endzone. Bridge will be at Walmart next year, he is brutal

TSN turning points. I'll take it thank you very much

Collaros tho was barely a 60 percent passer this year with more int's than td's ...who's to say that plug would have made those throws...or even had the athleticism to still be upright to even make the throw tho?

All QB's miss open guys every game...especially in a cold weather game...maybe if the Rider's had a dominant O-line and an unreal RB to chew up the yards and get first downs they wouldn't have had to rely on passes in a game that had weather conditions allowing  passing to be a risk at best??

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Bridge has not been in the best situation to learn how to be a CFL quarterback.

this is true, but you seldom get your shot in the best or even a good spot. You make the best of a bad situation like streveler did. 

Bridge shows rare flashes of brilliance passing, following by long stretches of meh. Nealon greene with a bit more potential to him. 

Nichols in a down year, still better then Collaros. TBH, Id take Streveler and Bennett over Collaros and Bridge. Id be surprised if either collaros or bridge are back in regina next year though. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

That’s how you describe a QB you guys would have killed for to be playing for you in this game?

Plug? Ripper. I'm getting sick of you coming on here putting Nichols down.  If you want even an OUNCE of sympathy here for your qbs who took head shots then get off your pulpit, high horse, or whatever you want to call it & quit mocking our starter who ended your season yesterday. Better yet, just take off. We don't need you here. Looks like you need us a lot more. cuz you keep showing up uninvited. Go back to Rider Fans & be with your kind, okay? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Congratulations on the win. No excuses here... (other than dumping hot wing sauce on my jersey before the game and the local beer store was out of Pilsner.. All signs we pointing to something bad before kickoff lol)

I think we had a chance to win the game but Winnipeg made the bigger plays and we didn't. That was the difference.

Again, congratulations, Good luck in the WSF. Should be a hard hitter. 

1 hour ago, szaroz71 said:

Congratulations on the win. No excuses here... (other than dumping hot wing sauce on my jersey before the game and the local beer store was out of Pilsner.. All signs we pointing to something bad before kickoff lol)

I think we had a chance to win the game but Winnipeg made the bigger plays and we didn't. That was the difference.

Classy post- thanks for that.

Great game, a real "slobberknocker" that brought out the best in both teams. I hope Bridge is ok and will be gtg soon. 

Good luck in the offseason and I hope you get your QB situation sorted out- looking forward to next years LDC/BB match up. 

8 hours ago, Ripper said:

Watch it again in slo mo. Bridge jumps when he throws and actually comes down just as Jeffcoat arrives to deliver the hit. Bridge ran right into him head first. What was Jeffcoat to do? Get out of his way? I don't think so.

No one talks about the fact Bridge was scrambling & on the run. Plus the fact once Bridge left the pocket he rolled to his left ran a few yards forward & then cut back into the middle right into the teeth of our defense. How could they let up not knowing if Bridge was going to keep running or throwing the ball? Yes, it was a blow to the head & under the new rule that is a 15 yard penalty & will probably result in a fine but hopefully not a suspension. But Bridge still put himself into a dangerous situation by cutting back into the middle the way he did.

7 minutes ago, J5V said:

Watch it again in slo mo. Bridge jumps when he throws and actually comes down just as Jeffcoat arrives to deliver the hit. Bridge ran right into him head first. What was Jeffcoat to do? Get out of his way? I don't think so.

Don't lead high with the shoulder, form tackle, break down , chest out, face up,  rip and wrap. That's what the game is trying to do to lessen head shots. Trying to keep the head out of the game. 

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

Hey Ripper,

I agree, high hit, deserves a maximum fine and they need to catch those calls in the game and devise some way of taking those hits outta the game and I hope Bridge is ok.

That being said, looking at the video you linked: Bridge is hopping around and when Jeffcoat begins his hit, he is aiming at bridge's chest when he is at the top of his jump and as he comes down, he becomes level with Jeffcoat's head and he gets popped. I agree that it was a high hit and well deserving of a max fine, but I doubt that was a hit malicious intent. I was honestly surprised when I saw that in replay and saw that it was Jeffcoat that delivered that hit.  

4 hours ago, szaroz71 said:

What name & number?