Congratulations Bombers

Jayph

1 hour ago, Jayph said:

Until it hurts a team in the game I don't think it will stop.

^^ This. Personally, I think they should implement an ejection rule similar to what the NCAA does. I love our rivalry with SSK even if it gets heated and people go overboard on occasion. At the end of the day it's just a game and entertainment... players are people too, and although football is a very violent game, hits like that need to be taken out of the league.

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

^^ This. Personally, I think they should implement an ejection rule similar to what the NCAA does. I love our rivalry with SSK even if it gets heated and people go overboard on occasion. At the end of the day it's just a game and entertainment... players are people too, and although football is a very violent game, hits like that need to be taken out of the league.

The CFL has always been shy about judging intent.  They need to.  Most other sports do.  Hockey does, match penalty.  I'd kick a guy out for any blatant intent to injure.  Whether it's a head shot or a dirty late or low tackle, hits out of bounds etc.  Edem's hit on Wolitarsky late, low and out of bounds towards the end of the first half would fit the criteria for me.

56 minutes ago, J5V said:

The only negative thing I will mention is that your team gets away with a lot of holding on your O-line. My gawd! CFL should be calling those.

Holding is like that in general modern big athletes are too quick and explosive if they didn't let it slide they'd have a flag on every play

Brutal holding on the riders part....How the hell can you miss that many holds when you're right on top of the bloody things.... I swear the refs. need a white cane to fill out their striped uni's..I hope we have a different crew playing Cal. BUT we persevered and it ended like it should've

Edited by Stickem

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Brutal holding on the riders part....How the hell can you miss that many holds when you're right on top of the bloody things.... I swear the refs. need a white cane to fill out their striped uni's..I hope we have a different crew playing Cal. BUT we persevered and it ended like it should've

On that PI call, the Riders guard nearly tackled the Bombers DL. They called the PI but not the hold. 

3 hours ago, O2L said:

Yeah I felt that hit was pretty ridiculous but they pointed out that the refs views was obscured. It was also rough that Jones had to waste his challenge on a very very obvious PI. 

And yet....I can’t stop grinning from ear to ear. 1-0 next week, let’s make it happen. 

GO BOMBERS!!!!!

I don't consider that challenge a waste, I feel those are the types of misses the challenges are made for.  Not for fishing calls on last ditch effort throws at the end of the game.  I think we are all so accustomed to seeing them used on bullshit iffy stuff where you never know which way it can go, that when we see an obviously blatant missed call that the challenge gets used on we feel it was a waste.  In this game it worked perfect, he used the challenge on that call and it got turned into points, there was no other opportunity later to benefit sask to use a challenge.  So it worked out exactly as it should.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Suitor & Cuthbert drive me crazy on these challenges. They always seem to question even a straight forward one. Suitor just keeps going on & on. I just wish they'd both shut up. 

I agree. It always feels to me that they are just hedging their bets and giving the command center a potential reprieve for blowing an obvious call, which happens way too often.

Apparently this is an unpopular opinion... but I didn't think that Jeffcoat hit was that bad... it is very unfortunate that Bridge got hurt... I never want to see any player get a head injury, even on a hated rival... but when you watch the replay, Jeffcoat leads with his shoulder, the hit is not late, the first contact is shoulder-to-shoulder, and the head contact was incidental... I do agree that based on precedent he should have got 15 yards for it... but that is about it... the Odell Willis hit was 10x worse as head clearly launches himself leading with the head...

10 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Apparently this is an unpopular opinion... but I didn't think that Jeffcoat hit was that bad... it is very unfortunate that Bridge got hurt... I never want to see any player get a head injury, even on a hated rival... but when you watch the replay, Jeffcoat leads with his shoulder, the hit is not late, the first contact is shoulder-to-shoulder, and the head contact was incidental... I do agree that based on precedent he should have got 15 yards for it... but that is about it... the Odell Willis hit was 10x worse as head clearly launches himself leading with the head...

When bridge finally got his azz off the turf he simply looked more defeated from the game than he did physically hurt from the contact of the hit. 

11 hours ago, Tehedra said:

I don't consider that challenge a waste, I feel those are the types of misses the challenges are made for.  Not for fishing calls on last ditch effort throws at the end of the game.  I think we are all so accustomed to seeing them used on bullshit iffy stuff where you never know which way it can go, that when we see an obviously blatant missed call that the challenge gets used on we feel it was a waste.  In this game it worked perfect, he used the challenge on that call and it got turned into points, there was no other opportunity later to benefit sask to use a challenge.  So it worked out exactly as it should.

That’s a very good point. You’re right in that it is exactly what the challenge was made for. Not that it would have likely impacted the game, but there was one other opportunity and it was on the no call for roughing the passer on the Bridge hit. 

28 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

When bridge finally got his azz off the turf he simply looked more defeated from the game than he did physically hurt from the contact of the hit. 

He never moved for quite a while when he was down, I think he was out cold. It was as nasty a hit as it gets. It got quiet in the stadium, people were concerned

Just now, Ripper said:

He never moved for quite a while when he was down, I think he was out cold. It was as nasty a hit as it gets. It got quiet in the stadium, people were concerned

He never moved hoping to get a huge favour from the refs is all.......watch his expression when he walks off, defeated.  I bet every rider fan looked the same leaving the stadium.

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I agree with you that Bridge was out and I think any reasonable person was concerned about his health... I just don't believe the hit was intentionally dirty... I think it was extremely unfortunate that their helmets made contact and caused the injury... I fully expect Jeffcoat to be fined based on precedent....

Last thought on Bridge... I would love to see him switch to receiver... he's not a QB... that was evident yesterday... he could be a dynamic play maker as a receiver (assuming he can catch)...

3 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

He never moved hoping to get a huge favour from the refs is all.......watch his expression when he walks off, defeated.  I bet every rider fan looked the same leaving the stadium.

Are you 12 years old or something?  There is respect from men that play contact sports. With 8 seconds left, the game was over. It was a garbage POS thing to do. It may have been slightly accidental, but don't crack jokes about it, he was hurt and it could have been a lot worse.  He was out cold before he even hit the ground, he never braced himself for the fall and his head bounced off the ground. Its a bit frustrating watching two of our qb's two games in a row take vicious head shots like that and not even see a flag get thrown. I'm sure you won't mind if Singleton does that next week to Nichols or Harris. Ambrosie can save his bullshit lip service about player safety for some other group of fans

Crazy thought... I actually think the Riders offense might have been better with Bridge in at QB... his 86 yards of scrambling accounted for a third of their overall yardage... and it was very hard to defend at times... but then again, Collaros is actually capable of throwing the ball to a receiver...

Just now, bearpants said:

Crazy thought... I actually think the Riders offense might have been better with Bridge in at QB... his 86 yards of scrambling accounted for a third of their overall yardage... and it was very hard to defend at times... but then again, Collaros is actually capable of throwing the ball to a receiver...

Crazy indeed. Bridge missed a wide open guy in the end zone, missed a deep ball to a wide open guy that resulted in PI and grossly under threw a wide open receiver for a pick. He also had some bad luck hitting an upright for another open receiver in the end zone. Any one of those plays makes up for his running.