Congratulations Bombers

Jayph

Well Done.  No excuses here if you don't have a chance to win with your backups why are they on the team.  It's football injuries will always happen and are never an excuse.   The Head shot at the end did not cause us to loose the game.  Good teams don't leave it up to one call,  but for the love of god they need to get that hit out of the game,  It happens too much to all teams QB's and my feelings on that don't change no matter what jersey colour the QB is wearing.   I hope you carry the momentum and break your Grey Cup drought as every fan base that supports there team through thick and thin deserves to be part of a championship win cause it feels awesome.   Still sucks we lost thought just glad it was a nail biting quality game.  Cheers.

Jason

Edited by Jayph

Yeah I felt that hit was pretty ridiculous but they pointed out that the refs views was obscured. It was also rough that Jones had to waste his challenge on a very very obvious PI. 

And yet....I can’t stop grinning from ear to ear. 1-0 next week, let’s make it happen. 

GO BOMBERS!!!!!

6 minutes ago, O2L said:

Yeah I felt that hit was pretty ridiculous but they pointed out that the refs views was obscured. It was also rough that Jones had to waste his challenge on a very very obvious PI. 

And yet....I can’t stop grinning from ear to ear. 1-0 next week, let’s make it happen. 

GO BOMBERS!!!!!

Suddenly, winning two in a row looks much easier than winning three in a row did.

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Very classy. Great game.

Agreed, that hit at the end of the game was total bullshit and should never have happened. Maybe a one game suspension if repeat offender. definitely max fine though.

Until it hurts a team in the game I don't think it will stop.  I mean if he's suspended next man up gets practices to get ready.  I would like to see the replay official call it (as I understand now he only changes things not challengeable) Maybe up the yardage to 25 yards to make guys think twice?  In game toss out to hurt the limited rosters?  All I know is Reilly probably takes more than anybody and sure he's tough but how many seasons will he loose at the end of his career because those hits catch up? And he's arguably the best QB in the league.  Iam not asking for touch football as I love a clean bone jarring hit but the blatant head shots need to go.  In our small league qb's are a commodity and need to be protected.  I don't blame the official the ball was out and Brandon was scrambling and his view was obstructed, he probably watched the replay and new it was a bad miss.  I mean if that happened to Nichols I would be just as mad as now it takes away from next weeks game and hurts your playoff run,  Max fine 1 game suspension ....... I just don't think either is enough to make it stop.

Max fine is half of a game cheque right? How does that work with playoff bonuses? Will that be bigger or smaller than half of a regular season cheque or do they just go by the regular season cheque amount in the playoffs as well?

Edit: Also, I agree that there should and will not be a suspension. Precedent was set just two weeks ago with Willis, and unlike Willis I don't believe Jeffcoat has any history with this kind of thing.

Edited by Blue_Dragoon

Just now, TheBandit said:

Great game Bombers. I told you I had a bad feeling. Your team was the better team today and the later half of th season. Congrats.

very classy- good on you for coming over.

Helluva game- it was, in the RF parlance, a "Slobberknocker". You team will be a freaking Juggernaut when you get a decent QB behind center.

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Based on his body mannerism right after the hit I'm thinking (Hoping) Jeffcoat instantly felt he knew he did wrong. He may sit next game due to suspension.

He should be more concerned with what O'Shea will say/do to him. In a different circumstance something like that could cost you a game. 

Edited by J5V
Not relevant to the outcome so not worthy of comment

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

very classy- good on you for coming over.

Helluva game- it was, in the RF parlance, a "Slobberknocker". You team will be a freaking Juggernaut when you get a decent QB behind center.

Honestly Bridge doesn’t belong in the CFL and it’s unfortunate that Collaros wasn’t playing. I do think the Riders org will clean house on QBs this year and go hard in free agency for a new one. 

Ill be honest, I’m so damn jealous of Chris Streveler. He is going to be special I think. 

Only negative thing I will mention that has zero effect on the game was the dirty hit at the end of the game. CFL should be calling those.

good luck in Calgary. I do believe you are the better team.

2 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Honestly Bridge doesn’t belong in the CFL and it’s unfortunate that Collaros wasn’t playing. I do think the Riders org will clean house on QBs this year and go hard in free agency for a new one. 

Ill be honest, I’m so damn jealous of Chris Streveler. He is going to be special I think. 

Only negative thing I will mention that has zero effect on the game was the dirty hit at the end of the game. CFL should be calling those.

good luck in Calgary. I do believe you are the better team.

I fear that you guys might land Reilly.... That would be a scary addition to your team. 

Better team today. You had our Number earlier in the year.

Jeffcoat should be fined max. If they decided to suspend him I'd be ok with it if that was the new standard upheld across the board. Right now in the cfl that's a fine and often a missed call. 

Gonna be an interesting off season for the riders. Great, great game. Classic west division cold weather defensive show down. 

40 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

The only negative thing I will mention is that your team gets away with a lot of holding on your O-line. My gawd! CFL should be calling those.