3 stars plus hh saskacrushed

wbbfan

28 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I remember the Hogs from years ago. The OL back then loved to be called that. We should re-anoint our guys The Hogs. 

Given how hard they work how about "the Sweat Hogs". Yes I just thought of that name.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

HH to Streveler for running well and making good decisions with the ball. 

The only knock on Streveller (or possibly Lapo) for me was later in the game when he stayed in after a 1st down, he should have handed off to Harris.  He had been keeping it all day and going nowhere, so ha. Ding it off probably would have left Harris with room to run. 

Overall, great win... GO BLUE!!! 

HH as well to the staff with the perfect offensive gameplan...don't press too much to take too many chances and give up that back breaking pick..or pick six....they played it to just kep Riders at bay...move chains and get points when they needed and let their defense handle the rest..I truly believe if we would have "had" to open it up more..we could have...also props to Dressler...clutch plays when we needed it and his experience in games..and weather like that was invaluable.

But man oh man our O-line destroyed them and just had their way...you could see the frustration and the look of despair in the rider defense..I guess Poop didn't get that blood he claimed he was out for...and was a pretty good indicator that he was a liability with her run here

1. Harris - unstoppable when we needed to be
2. Bighill - didn't put up massive stats... but we all know he's the straw that stirs the drink... and that knock down should've been a loss of about 20 if the refs called it properly....
3. Wolitarsky - great route on the TD... very impressive contested catch against Edem (I think)... somewhat of a national coming out party for him... we already know how good he is...

HH - the coaching staff... well planned game and well executed... putting Streveler for the final minutes was brilliant... it kept the defense off guard not knowing who would run on any given play... 

1. Harris/O-line - nasty running. Wore the Riders down

2. Nichols - no mistakes, 72% completion percentage. 

3. D-line - other than losing contain a couple of times, played great. Riders had nothing on the ground other than from Bridge scrambling. Jeffcoat with a couple of big sacks.

HH - Wolitarsky - great hands, making tough catches in the cold.

2 hours ago, Fraser said:

HH to the defense cause the only thing they couldn't defend against was some weak ass PI calls and what was clearly a backward pass being rulled incomplete.

That backwards pass call was bs I was hoping mos would challenge it. Alls well that ends well though I guess. 

The Walters era O line. Any team in the league would make a straight trade. And ornery Neufeld..... no doubters now.

This game reminded me of a game years ago, think it was Walby and friends with Willard carrying the ball, cold playoff game, close score ball deep in their own end, needed to move it out, 

they just ground it out with Reaves right down the field, and won. Could not be stopped. I can't remember when or what team it was they played.

I really like that  kind of football. 

The Sask D was completely helpless against that run attack. JBR  in chat said Jones said "we can't stop them"

Maybe a few shortcomings, but Overall, I just can't see how you can criticize Walters.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I swear Nevis missed the entire 3rd Q and maybe more, I thought Jake was going to die out there without substitution.

Jake "Fat Badger" Thomas - ha ha - yes I hope that name catches on....same with "Sweat Hogs"....where's Cactus Jake when you need him????

Edited by kelownabomberfan

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:
  1. Harris - The guy that makes our offense work
  2. Wolo - Great TD
  3. Bennett - Game saving special teams tackle

HH - The goal post for taking a TD away from the Riders

My seat was by the endzone where that pass was thrown and to me it looked like the ball was overthrown. At the pace the receiver was running and given the field conditions I highly doubt the receiver would have got to the ball.

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I swear Nevis missed the entire 3rd Q and maybe more, I thought Jake was going to die out there without substitution.

wish corney was health. He's pretty near the same size as jake the snake. 

Watching the replay man if wolitarski can access that extra gear he used to run down that TD catch on a regular basis next year he could be the new elite NI WR in the league. See a lot of brad sinopoli in him. With more upside. 

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Wolitarsky in addition to the td had a great catch along the sidelines where 

That was where that POS Edem tried to intentionally injure him.