13 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

1. Harris

2. Our OL

3. Wolitarsky

HH-Bennett for his tackle

The Nelson Munz HA HA-Willie Jefferson

I love the Nelson munz award. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That fourth quarter TD drive was a thing of beauty. Our OL absolutely CRUSHED the Riders DL. Shut up Jefferson. Totally shut down Hughes & the other 2 Rider DL didn't even count. They were washed totally out. 

Good old fashioned football. Defense and running game. 

man, I remember our OL back a few years ago. Our qbs were getting killed. We had no run game. No passing game. Our linemen were pylons. What a refreshing change. We are a tough team to play.  Like constructing a building. It needs a strong foundation so it won't fall over. We sure have that with the 5 guys on that OL. Just seeing them crush the Riders defense on that TD drive felt so good as a fan. They put the team on their back & won the game. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

man, I remember our OL back a few years ago. Our qbs were getting killed. We had no run game. No passing game. Our linemen were pylons. What a refreshing change. We are a tough team to play.  Like constructing a building. It needs a strong foundation so it won't fall over. We sure have that with the 5 guys on that OL. 

Just look at the push they get and especially when they want Harris to pick up a few more yards ...They are a force and vastly under rated

I love the passing & running. We score a lot of points. But what gets me truly excited is when I see our OL just kick ass. We did that in the past with some very good Bomber teams. Nice to see it again. I have to admit I was yelling with glee on that TD drive. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, LeBird said:

Were superstar Jefferson and Hughes hung over? 4 tackles between them. Hardly mincemeat country we were told to expect.

It really wasn’t a surprise. Bryant and Hardrick are credited, through the year, with allowing the least pressures by Hughes and Jefferson. 

I’d  say Bravo boys!

Outside shout out to Bennett ...our third stringer who has a nose for the ball on special teams...Made a nice saving tackle that could have changed the complexion of the game...Which brings me to something I've harped on all year.....very poor coverage on runbacks by our downfield tacklers for the most part...Little or no return by our guys is leaving us a big deficit with regard to field position,,,C'mon Mike O....I know you're not blind...that has to be shored up if we're going to give the stumps a run.....

2 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Nichols wasn’t good 

I’ll disagree with you guys. Nichols played as good a game as you can expect against that defence. He was harrassed for a good part of the game but managed to keep his head and resisted the urge to force the ball. He threw it away instead. You know, live to fight another day.  He was disciplined when he had to be and threw a beautiful TD pass to Wolitarsky. No turnovers.

Game manager? Yes. Game winner? Definitely 

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I’ll disagree with you guys. Nichols played as good a game as you can expect against that defence. He was harrassed for a good part of the game but managed to keep his head and resisted the urge to force the ball. He threw it away instead. You know, live to fight another day.  He was disciplined when he had to be and threw a beautiful TD pass to Wolitarsky. No turnovers.

Game manager? Yes. Game winner? Definitely 

He played within himself, sure. Something he was not doing well at all during his slump. But he is so, so bad under pressure. It bothers me that we seem to grade Nichols on a different scale than other QBs. If Mitchell or Reilly put up the numbers this game that Nichols did, we would probably call it a bad game. 

All that being said, there was a point in time where I thought there was no chance this team could win a championship with Nichols at QB and I no longer feel that way. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I love the passing & running. We score a lot of points. But what gets me truly excited is when I see our OL just kick ass. We did that in the past with some very good Bomber teams. Nice to see it again. I have to admit I was yelling with glee on that TD drive. 

Even taking penalties I love it. Neufeld comes in late, but he sends the message that you don't **** with our back unless you're willing to get a big angry man throwing you around. This team is strong in the trenches and it pays off. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Even taking penalties I love it. Neufeld comes in late, but he sends the message that you don't **** with our back unless you're willing to get a big angry man throwing you around. This team is strong in the trenches and it pays off. 

I remember the Hogs from years ago. The OL back then loved to be called that. We should re-anoint our guys The Hogs. 

9 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

If Mitchell or Reilly put up the numbers this game that Nichols did, we would probably call it a bad game. 

Didn’t the Riders beat the Eskimos and Stampeders the last time they met these teams? Those two QBs usually have better stats, but they lost.

So, in my books, I’ll take the win with Nichols’ 72.7% completion avg and call it a good game by our QB.

18 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

He played within himself, sure. Something he was not doing well at all during his slump. But he is so, so bad under pressure. It bothers me that we seem to grade Nichols on a different scale than other QBs. If Mitchell or Reilly put up the numbers this game that Nichols did, we would probably call it a bad game. 

Nichols had a good game. It's simple. When you run the ball more (which you should do in cold/poor weather) you pass the ball less. We had about 200 yards running. In addition to this, we had our back up QB in there for a good 10 plays. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Didn’t the Riders beat the Eskimos and Stampeders the last time they met these teams? Those two QBs usually have better stats, but they lost.

So, in my books, I’ll take the win with Nichols’ 72.7% completion avg and call it a good game by our QB.

I’ll call it a win, a team win and a much needed playoff win. 

25 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

All that being said, there was a point in time where I thought there was no chance this team could win a championship with Nichols at QB and I no longer feel that way. 

Bleh, if you're worried about QB stats in a game where we rushed for 200 yards in -20 weather you just hate the guy blindly.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They shut up Jefferson that's for sure.  He doubted all 3 were all stars. Then there was Charleston Hughes. Charleston, where are you???? I love Jefferson is done. That POS player is on the outside looking in. Love it.

Not sure if they showed it on TV but after Jefferson got credited with a sack he did the McMahon strut. Glad Nichols gets the last laugh.