ESF: Lions @ Cats

USABomberfan

37 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

any of the old-timers here remember that year where there was some sort of ice storm the night before the game and they had to steam off the ice at the old Winnipeg stadium and they played the game on a much smaller field?  I still remember the 1980 WSF playoffs against Calgary where they had to clear a ton of snow off the field before game time.

They took the surface of the field off for that game with the plows. There was very little grass left. Just mud. Remember Mark Bragagnolo's run up the middle for about 80 yards in that game? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They took the surface of the field off for that game. There was very little grass left. Just mud. Remember Mark Bragagnolo's run up the middle for about 80 yards in that game? 

ha ha yeah it was all mud by the second half.  I was only 9 at the time so I don't remember much. This helped jog the memory banks...

4 minutes ago, johnzo said:

people are talking about Mike Reilly moving west, but does David Braley have the scratch to make it happen?

Everyone spends the same on players, just depends on how much they want to deplete the rest of their roster to make it happen.  They certainly won't have a veteran backup unless Lulay is going to play for peanuts.

10 minutes ago, johnzo said:

people are talking about Mike Reilly moving west, but does David Braley have the scratch to make it happen?

Hervey is going to twist his arm about it.

Lions definitely need both a new head coach and QB.  If they don't go hard for Reilly, they're out of options other than McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

24 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Hervey is going to twist his arm about it.

Lions definitely need both a new head coach and QB.  If they don't go hard for Reilly, they're out of options other than McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

It seems to me that the Riders, Lions, and potentially Argos are all going to really need a QB with no one available(assuming Reilly re-signs in Edmonton). 

Maybe our old friend Kevin Glenn has one last run in him. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Jed Roberts former DT with the Esks remains close to the team. He has said repeatedly that the Reilly era is over in Edmonton. 

Well, I'd probably rather here it from Reilly himself what he thinks about his current spot.  No doubt as a FA though, I expect him to get offers.