Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Two, Western Semi-Final: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Saskatchewan Riders November 11th, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

IT"S GAME DAY!!!! WESTERN SEMI-FINALS!!!

Let's Dominate the riders and End their season!

wpg-vs-ssk.jpg

WEST DIVISION SEMI-FINAL | WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS (10-8) at SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS (12-6)

THE 4-1-1

Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. Sunday; Mosaic Stadium, Regina
TV: TSN1, TSN4, RDS, ESPN2
Radio: CJOB
The forecast: A mix of sun and cloud. High -10C.
Vegas line: The Riders are favoured by 2.5 points.
Streaks: Winnipeg: 1L; Saskatchewan: 2W.
Home/Road: The Bombers are 4-5 on the road this year; the Riders are 6-3 at home.
Head to head, 2018: The Riders captured two of the three meetings this year, winning 31-23 in the Labour Day Classic in Regina and 32-27 a week later in Winnipeg in the Banjo Bowl. The Bombers countered with a 31-0 shutout on October 13th at Investors Group Field.
Playoff history: These two clubs last met in the playoffs in the 2007 Grey Cup, a game won 23-19 by the Riders. The Bombers last played in Regina in the playoffs on November 8, 1975, a 42-24 Saskatchewan victory in the West Semi-Final. Add it all up and the Bombers have lost seven straight playoff games to their arch-rivals dating back to a win here in Winnipeg in the 1965 West Semi-Final. The Riders hold an 11-9-1 advantage in the 20 playoff meetings between the two teams.

(Thanks to Ed Tait)

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/11/10/game-preview-wpg-ssk-4/

DEPTH-AT-SASK_WSF-FINAL-1-1600x1107.jpg

Drpz0pIX4AAPcoh.jpg

Willis is playing in his teams playoff game, Collaros probably won't play.  Willis should be suspended for today's game.

have to figure that it's going to be mainly running today. But you never know. These guys always seem to be able to keep the passing game going, even in cold.

Guess the cold lowers the field goal kickers range. and punting distance.

I suppose Bridge could have a big game, but I think he'll throw some picks if he plays.

I can't see D Adams catching any 50 yards passes.

not too much posting here, or at riderfans.

Edited by Mark F

I am crazy excited for this game! A little anxious, cuz I have no clue what that crazy jonestown is gonna pull... 

Interesting though- the rider fans have some seriously dedicated hate for Brandon Bridge:

fetch?id=358608&d=1541940618

And you know it was someone educated in Regina who requested that plate, they don't even know how to spell: suck. 

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Willis is playing in his teams playoff game, Collaros probably won't play.  Willis should be suspended for today's game.

have to figure that it's going to be mainly running today. But you never know. These guys always seem to be able to keep the passing game going, even in cold.

Guess the cold lowers the field goal kickers range. and punting distance.

I suppose Bridge could have a big game, but I think he'll throw some picks if he plays.

I can't see D Adams catching any 50 yards passes.

not too much posting here, or at riderfans.

Some rider fans over there have all ready called this an "asterisk" win if the Bombers win.  

15 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Hopefully not the same ones that were admonishing me for mentioning 2007 Grey Cup. 

How come I get booted this week from there but you don't ??  Lol....... and I was being honest and sincere just wanting to have fun..... 

Edited by NorthernSkunk

8 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

How come I get booted this week from there but you don't ??  Lol....... and I was being honest and sincere just wanting to have fun..... 

I got Banned this morning. that guy CRF, so thinned skinned. I was trying to be supportive of this friendly rivalry, joined in their little song- didn't post anything obscene or  disrespectful, yet I still got banned. CRF needs to stay on his meds man, that is no way to go through life. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I got Banned this morning. that guy CRF, so thinned skinned. I was trying to be supportive of this friendly rivalry, joined in their little song- didn't post anything obscene or  disrespectful, yet I still got banned. CRF needs to stay on his meds man, that is no way to go through life. 

I see no point in posting on a Rider site. To me, if CFL fans of different stripes want to engage do it on a CFL forum, not a specific team site. Just my 3 1/2 cent perspective. 

Go Blue.

Rider team website:

"Harris won the CFL’s rushing derby this season with a career-best 1,390 yards and tied a career high with eight rushing TDs. It’s the fourth time in his nine-year CFL career that Harris has gone over the 1,000-yard mark — and he barely missed it in two other seasons (coming up short by two yards in 2013 and by 26 yards in 2016). Harris can run inside and outside and he’s also an excellent receiver. The Roughriders are well aware that Harris is a key component of the Bombers’ attack, so they’ll be geared up to stop him Sunday and make Winnipeg’s offence one-dimensional. They held Harris in check in two of the three regular-season games, limiting him to 57 yards, but he had 158 yards in the other meeting."

Go Andrew!

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Rider team website:

Harris won the CFL’s rushing derby this season with a career-best 1,390 yards and tied a career high with eight rushing TDs. It’s the fourth time in his nine-year CFL career that Harris has gone over the 1,000-yard mark — and he barely missed it in two other seasons (coming up short by two yards in 2013 and by 26 yards in 2016). Harris can run inside and outside and he’s also an excellent receiver. The Roughriders are well aware that Harris is a key component of the Bombers’ attack, so they’ll be geared up to stop him Sunday and make Winnipeg’s offence one-dimensional. They held Harris in check in two of the three regular-season games, limiting him to 57 yards, but he had 158 yards in the other meeting.

Go Andrew!

One time the riders will key on Harris too much and Dressler will be gone for a run....

14 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

There there. I’m sure there are other sandboxes you can play nice in. 

I do have to say that the experience this week has really soured me on the bomber/rider rivalry.  I honestly thought it was all fun.  Obviously it isn't and there are some real thin skinned individuals in this world who don't know how to have a laugh.  I really want Nichols and the Bombers to totally annihilate the riders today....embarrass them even. Run up the score and force TSN to engage in Bomber talk..... and then the Bombers can take that attitude into Calagary and carry on next week.....

GO BOMBERS ,!!

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I do have to say that the experience this week has really soured me on the bomber/rider rivalry.  I honestly thought it was all fun.  Obviously it isn't and there are some real thin skinned individuals in this world who don't know how to have a laugh.  I really want Nichols and the Bombers to totally annihilate the riders today....embarrass them even. Run up the score and force TSN to engage in Bomber talk..... and then the Bombers can take that attitude into Calagary and carry on next week.....

GO BOMBERS ,!!

This.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

GO BOMBERS ,!!

I choose to ignore the rivalry - makes life better.