Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Two, Western Semi-Final: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Saskatchewan Riders November 11th, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Wow.  Two pretty different interpretations of the same quote on O'Shea and what he's doing with an hour.

I'm not a Friesen fan in the least but he's not wrong if you read the full quote from MOS.  They are both right but neither gives full context.

“I’ve seen it, I’ve watched at least an hour of it back and forth. I can see the league’s standpoint and their concern and where football is going, but I can watch that clip and talk about it for another hour and defend Jackson.”

12 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What doesn't correlate with me regardless of either interpretation is expects player to be fined but defends it.

He would defend it from the perspective that Jeffcoat didn't do it on purpose, and tried to lay in a good legal hit.  Believes it will be fined because it turned into a hit to the head which can't be denied.

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎13 at 9:36 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

To the posters here who went to the game.... what are your impressions of the New Mosaic? How does it compare to IGF? Please look at it unbiased & give me an honest opinion.

Been there twice. Feels like you're sitting a million miles away in the stands compared to IGF. Just saps the energy imo. Concessions are much better at Mosaic, but IGF is a MUCH better venue to watch a football game. Only problem with Mosaic is they don't have any good beer and you feel like you're watching through binos from the parking lot. Seats are very narrow too. They also have similar rapid transit problems to IGF.

Edited by gcn11

yeah..cheeped out with the quality of the seats..I see many being replaced due to damage or being broken after the winter/offseason...not as big either...and the pitch/slope of seating area is way less...putting you further from the field...and it is a big reason why the crowd noise is more disruptive at IGF...it is right on top of you and you almost actually feel it and it is way more intimidating..and this is from out of players and coaches mouths I have spoken to about it..

2 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah..cheeped out with the quality of the seats..I see many being replaced due to damage or being broken after the winter/offseason...not as big either...and the pitch/slope of seating area is way less...putting you further from the field...and it is a big reason why the crowd noise is more disruptive at IGF...it is right on top of you and you almost actually feel it and it is way more intimidating..and this is from out of players and coaches mouths I have spoken to about it..

You talk about the noise at IGF as if its a bad thing......

On 2018-11-15 at 9:59 AM, gcn11 said:

Been there twice. Feels like you're sitting a million miles away in the stands compared to IGF. Just saps the energy imo. Concessions are much better at Mosaic, but IGF is a MUCH better venue to watch a football game. Only problem with Mosaic is they don't have any good beer and you feel like you're watching through binos from the parking lot. Seats are very narrow too. They also have similar rapid transit problems to IGF.

I have to say the buses have been absolutely fantastic this season. They have really figured it out and it is fast and cheap.

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎14 at 6:39 AM, Goalie said:

Its basically IGF with a different roof. The blueprints are identical damn near. 

The impression I get are their are more seats in the North end zone at Mosaic than IGF. They also can add permanent seats in the South end zone whereas we can't without messing with the roof at IGF. We could do what they did in the South End Zone in Seattle.  Seating capacity wise, they are virtually identical. Thanks for both your comments. 

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The impression I get are their are more seats in the North end zone at Mosaic than IGF. They also can add permanent seats in the South end zone whereas we can't without messing with the roof at IGF. We could do what they did in the South End Zone in Seattle.  Seating capacity wise, they are virtually identical. Thanks for both your comments. 

The original plan for the 2015 Grey Cup called for them to add seats to both the South and North End Zone. In the end, they only added seats to the South End Zone. It was originally designed to expand up to 40,000 seats. However, with subsequent modifications made in the North End Zone, I'm not sure if those seats can still easily be added. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

The original plan for the 2015 Grey Cup called for them to add seats to both the South and North End Zone. In the end, they only added seats to the South End Zone. It was originally designed to expand up to 40,000 seats. However, with subsequent modifications made in the North End Zone, I'm not sure if those seats can still easily be added. 

Those add on seats were supposed to be temporary. 

According to Bob Irving Kembrell Tompkins is out and Charles Nelson is in.  I don't think it's injury related.  Charles Nelson looked really promising in the Edmonton game.  More upside and can improve the kick return game immediately. I still see Thompkins as an option next year if Dressler retires but at 30 perhaps he needed to show more than he did.  I'm a believer that in a post-AAF world the CFL will have to stick with Import players for longer and let them develop rather than having the constant turnstile of imports coming in and going out.

16 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

You sound like the world's most interesting man!  Do you live vicariously through yourself?  Can you speak Russian, in French? Did you once have an awkward moment, just to see how it feels?

I didn’t have a hot clue what you meant. I don’t always use YouTube, but when I do, it’s to decipher your obscure connections.