Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Two, Western Semi-Final: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Saskatchewan Riders November 11th, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

26 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Based on my research there would still have been less than a 3% chance of success on a hail mary when scrimmaging from the bombers 49 yard line.

which is the same chance of a Rider fan not marrying their first cousin.

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

i enjoyed watching the blocking on the run just before the Harris TD...3 guys are just manhandles and pushed down field..Watch Neufeld get to Judge..and just walk him down the field about 10 to 12 yards...push him out of bounds and down to the turf..you can hear him yelling at him calling him an "effing *****"....sooo funny...I love our oline

was that Neufeld yelling?  You can hear it pretty clearly on the mic but I thought it was Hardrick. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Earlier in the season I was critical of TSN for cutting away from a Bombers game to start the next one and a couple people heeled on me for not PVR'ing TSN3.  So I set TSN 3 to record Bombers games after that.  Had a busy afternoon and was thrilled to learn the "Bombers channel" actually joined the game in progress in the 3rd quarter.  Fortunately, a buddy texted me shortly before 4 to ask if I was watching and I able to set a new recording.

Moral of the story is, record every TSN channel because lord only knows what and when they'll show.

Thats my contribution to this thread. 😉

Go Bombers!

Are you sure? I swear I PVR'ed TSN 3 and got the whole game. HD or standard def?

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Loved how TSN brought out how Willie Jefferson called our OL overrated right in the middle of a drive where our OL just reared back and kicked their front 7s asses all the way into the endzone.

Beating Jefferson alone makes it worthwhile & even sweeter. The guy is a p****k. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

It's cute reading over at RF.com that they think they still have the best D in the league. They have a great D and deserve credit for how they played all year. But the Bombers D is better in just about every category and they proved it again yesterday. 

Yeah, well they're at home & we're not so Rider Nation can blow. 

Did anyone notice TSN showing George Reed at the game? I couldn't help thinking that when the game was over, Mickey Doyle was smiling a great big smile and saying to George "What do you think of that, George?"

45 minutes ago, J5V said:

Did anyone notice TSN showing George Reed at the game? I couldn't help thinking that when the game was over, Mickey Doyle was smiling a great big smile and saying to George "What do you think of that, George?"

Actually when you think about it, yesterday was revenge for the Riders beating us at Winnipeg Stadium in the 1972 Western Final. We also lost the last time we played the Riders  in the playoffs back in 1975 at Taylor Field. So, we took care of some long standing business on Sunday. Mickey Doyle, Don Jonas & the rest of that 72 team would be happy. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Are you sure? I swear I PVR'ed TSN 3 and got the whole game. HD or standard def?

TSN 1 and 4 definitely had the whole game.   Not sure why, but TSN3 doesn't seem to have the finals games either, must ha e something to do with they're NFL broadcast rights. 

Anyway, the game next week is on TSN 1 per the guide. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Actually when you think about it, yesterday was revenge for the Riders beating us at Winnipeg Stadium in the 1972 Western Final. We also lost the last time we played the Riders  in the playoffs back in 1975 at Taylor Field. So, we took care of some long standing business on Sunday. Mickey Doyle, Don Jonas & the rest of that 72 team would be happy. 

I knew you would bring up 1972 at some point.  Well done!!!