Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Two, Western Semi-Final: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Saskatchewan Riders November 11th, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm not questioning the headshot. What I'm saying is that Bridge put himself at risk by cutting back inside. Jeffcoat will be fined but Bridge put himself at risk as well. 

I just was picturing all of Regina yelling in their cars on the way home which made the whole thing kind of funny.  Stadium was all loud with boos.

6 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Love the gutsy win, but I'm just saying the rule book specifically states the following:

A player shall be penalized for any act of Unnecessary Roughness to the passer, including but not limited to:

(b) Any blow to the neck or head of the passer,
(f) Contacting the passer if either the initial source of contact, or primary source of contact, is the defender's helmet.

Whether or not Bridge was inside the pocket is irrelevant, if it's a hit to the head, or even if the defender leads with their helmet - it's a penalty.

Source: https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2017-CFL-Rule-Book-Final.pdf

It's on page 57.

It's relevant because he's not a passer once he establishes himself as a runner.  Check the case book.

3 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

regardless... he was held up, Jeffcoat lead with his head and left the ground... cheap shot. should have been flagged. 

Disagree it was cheap.  Should have been 15.  But they missed it because it was a marginal hit on a runner.  Jeffcoat didn't launch himself.  He went up shoulder to shoulder and Bridge's head dropped when he chucked the ball.  There's no intent, they all need to protect their damn heads though.  That hit is as dangerous for the hitter as the guy being hit, wish guys would tackles with their arms and hit/tackle at the waist.