Playoff Game Day Thread: Riders

BigBlue

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup..good luck.. too bad Collaros isnt in so as not to hear the ya buts all year but dont think he would have been a difference maker anyway...and all things.. stats..etc considered.. if we lose game with a backup beating us we had no business in grey cup anyway 

No excuses today. If Collaros is out, is what it is. Have to win anyway. If we can't win at home we don't deserve to be there anyway.

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah..we both have our we dont deserves eh?...gonna be a gooder...u live in regina.. what's temp there at moment..

I live hour and a half south. Its -17 wc right now.  Gonna be a cool one at the game. -8 with -16 wc for this afternoon, winds nw 25-30kph. I'm going to game. I'm not sure what to think. I'm actually not worried either way.  Its put up or shut up time for both teams. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I hope the Bombers D prepared for a run heavy offense.  That’s what scares me about the Sask offense with Bridge and Watford.  They have a lot of weapons in the run game.  Bombers have to be disciplined because if they make those QBs make the plays to win the game history shows they can’t.

Its no secret, if ZC really is hurt that we will looking to run the ball a lot. Dido for Bombers, its starts and stops with Harris

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I hope the Bombers D prepared for a run heavy offense.  That’s what scares me about the Sask offense with Bridge and Watford.  They have a lot of weapons in the run game.  Bombers have to be disciplined because if they make those QBs make the plays to win the game history shows they can’t.

It's a crime how little they have utilized Marcus Thigpen. He scares me every time he touches the ball.

We have just as many weapons in run game...Harris..Dressler..Demski..at times big Strev...its gonna be a matter of who doesnt make more mistakes or turn ball over...and dumb penalties..we had best turnover ratio..and fewest penalties.. I like our odds 

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It's a crime how little they have utilized Marcus Thigpen. He scares me every time he touches the ball.

He is more of an explosive guy than someone to hand the ball off to a bunch. Yeah he'll break some big ones but he's not the guy to get you consistent production I don't think. They got better backs for grinding it out. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He is more of an explosive guy than someone to hand the ball off to a bunch. Yeah he'll break some big ones but he's not the guy to get you consistent production I don't think. They got better backs for grinding it out. 

For a team that struggles to score touchdowns as much as they do, they need a home run hitter more than someone to grind out 5-6 yards.  They can't sustain a drive even with Marshall/Mason carrying the ball anyways.

21 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Win or lose, I am hoping for a game that will be talked about for time to come as a classic take-no-prisoners game. Bragging rights for the next 7 months are on the line. Go Big Blue! A blowout of the Risers would not be a classic game, but I'll take it.

Bragging rights right up until we play them in a playoff game again in the future.....

44 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I expect the Bomber DL to be teeing off as well with what the Riders have on the OL.  Just need to stay disciplined and keep the QB in the pocket, that’s where Bridge and Watford are least dangerous.

plus every time Bridge is in at qb they never even try and let him pass from the pocket. Everything is a roll out. Just play contain on him and what's he gonna do?

Today's game is going to be smash-mouth football in the trenches. Our O-line needs to keep Matt Nichols/Chris Streveler upright and clean and they need to open holes for our running attack. If they can do those two things, against arguably the best DL in the league, we win. It's going to be power against power. No need to over-think this. If I was Lapo, I'd keep it simple and let the O-line do their thing.

Something tells me these two guys will have a very big day today ...

chris-streveler.jpg

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

Today's game is going to be smash-mouth football in the trenches. Our O-line needs to keep Matt Nichols/Chris Streveler upright and clean and they need to open holes for our running attack. If they can do those two things, against arguably the best DL in the league, we win. It's going to be power against power. No need to over-think this. If I was Lapo, I'd keep it simple and let the O-line do their thing.

Something tells me these two guys will have a very big day today ...

chris-streveler.jpg

Big Chris is gonna have a big day ?..... I hope he gets a series here or there and contributes....but I think you meant Nichols is gonna have a big stat day.