Playoff Game Day Thread: Riders

BigBlue

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

He is more of an explosive guy than someone to hand the ball off to a bunch. Yeah he'll break some big ones but he's not the guy to get you consistent production I don't think. They got better backs for grinding it out. 

Plus I think he'll struggle with his conditioning that correlates with your point about lack of consistent production.

I'm on a Whats App football chat with a bunch of Rider fans. From here and Sask. Unreal how ,when the news broke that ZC wont play ,how quickly they folded and conceded the game to us .LOL.

But I wouldnt count the Riders out that fast ,that D is scary good. But as has been mentioned a few times ,protect the ball ,don't take dumb penalties ,we win. GO BLUE!!

To be honest, whether the Riders win or lose this game has very little to do with who they have at QB. Collaros is bad, bridge is probably worse but also bad. 

As long as we protect the football and don’t give up any broken plays to Bridge, i don’t think they can beat us. We’re the better team and as long as we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot, the Riders won’t win. 

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

I live hour and a half south. Its -17 wc right now.  Gonna be a cool one at the game. -8 with -16 wc for this afternoon, winds nw 25-30kph. I'm going to game. I'm not sure what to think. I'm actually not worried either way.  Its put up or shut up time for both teams. 

Good on you for going to the game today. Fans in the stands are the lifeblood of this league over big corporate dollars, and the cold shouldn’t be a factor for a true fan. One thing both Bomber AND Rider fans can hold their heads high about- fan loyalty. Respect. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

We have just as many weapons in run game...Harris..Dressler..Demski..at times big Strev...its gonna be a matter of who doesnt make more mistakes or turn ball over...and dumb penalties..we had best turnover ratio..and fewest penalties.. I like our odds 

Have a hunch the fly sweep will be used a decent bit today by both teams. Adams, Demski and Dressler vs. Thigpen, maybe Roosevelt for them. Contain on those plays may well determine who wins the run battle. 

24 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Have a hunch the fly sweep will be used a decent bit today by both teams. Adams, Demski and Dressler vs. Thigpen, maybe Roosevelt for them. Contain on those plays may well determine who wins the run battle

Only two things more important than the run battle in a cold weather game like this...the turnover battle and of course, the final score.

14 hours ago, Atomic said:

I'm still nervous because you just never know. We can't get cocky now.

I don’t really care if people on this board want to get cocky... it’s the guys in the bomber dressing room I care about... and with leaders like O’Shea, Harris, and Bighill... I’m not too worried about that happening...

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Good on you for going to the game today. Fans in the stands are the lifeblood of this league over big corporate dollars, and the cold shouldn’t be a factor for a true fan. One thing both Bomber AND Rider fans can hold their heads high about- fan loyalty. Respect. 

It was a cold one.  We lost, is what it is.  You need to go the rest of the way now and represent the west.