Division All-Stars Announced

Wideleft

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Adams is a talented guy, who can produce.....when he is focused and locked in.   But threatening the D on the other side of the field, with the deep ball, has been an issue.

IT does seem that way...but oddly enough we led the league in big plays...30+ yards...so obviously we have been doing okay with big strikes

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Unlike most teams #1 receiver the Bombers don’t feed there’s the ball. The offence runs through Harris then the two inside slots. 

So it's like I said, Dressler is the teams top receiver and then the other slot back, making Adams the #3 guy. That's the perfect role for him. He's explosive enough he can have a big game, or he can be invisible. Not the guy you want to run an offense through, but a guy you can get some plays out of. 

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So it's like I said, Dressler is the teams top receiver and then the other slot back, making Adams the #3 guy. That's the perfect role for him. He's explosive enough he can have a big game, or he can be invisible. Not the guy you want to run an offense through, but a guy you can get some plays out of. 

The guy with almost double the yardage of any other receiver is our #3 guy?  Well - ok then. 

Adams: 6.4 targets per game, 3.6 receptions per game, for an average of 60.5 yards

Dressler: 5.2 targets per game, 3.5 receptions per game for an average of 41.2 yards

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

The guy with almost double the yardage of any other receiver is our #3 guy?  Well - ok then. 

Adams: 6.4 targets per game, 3.6 receptions per game, for an average of 60.5 yards

Dressler: 5.2 targets per game, 3.5 receptions per game for an average of 41.2 yards

Adams catches more deep plays (ie. more yardage) and doesn't catch as many per target as Dressler, so yeah Adams despite the numbers is not our #1 receiver. I will fight you if you disagree. 

He's probably the #2 receiver on the team and that's a problem cause ideally he'd be a teams #3. It's one of the things that holds our offense back.

37 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Adams catches more deep plays (ie. more yardage) and doesn't catch as many per target as Dressler, so yeah Adams despite the numbers is not our #1 receiver. I will fight you if you disagree. 

He's probably the #2 receiver on the team and that's a problem cause ideally he'd be a teams #3. It's one of the things that holds our offense back.

Settle down there, keyboard warrior.

cashmeoussidehankhill-5ab55b47ff1b7800365c7aae.PNG

21 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Using that logic, Duke Williams isn't an #1 receiver either. 

I might argue that's true... sure he put up big numbers but the team was not winning when he was the focus of the offense... when he was second fiddle to Derel Walker or Brandon Zylstra... they were a much better team...

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Steady on old chap.  Deep passes are lower percentage by nature - are they not?

As has been said before, the Bombers’ O is different from any one, due to Andrew Harris. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Absurd. While I agree he isn't a true #1 WR, he's certainly proven his worth as a #2 WR. Most of all, he stayed healthy this season.

And a back-to-back 1000-yard receiver is holding back the league's highest scoring offense...? Pull those Sharpies outta your sniffer, man.