Self Proclaimed Worlds Greatest Fans can't sell out a playoff game...

jazzsax

On 2018-11-08 at 12:12 PM, do or die said:

Why, is there something in the water?

Speaking of something in the water... it’s brown in Regina

But city officials say it’s safe to drink. Stamp fans and Bomber fans concur that Rider fans should drink it

https://leaderpost.com/news/local-news/brownish-water-from-some-regina-taps-not-a-health-risk-says-city

7 hours ago, Scorch said:

Speaking of something in the water... it’s brown in Regina

But city officials say it’s safe to drink. Stamp fans and Bomber fans concur that Rider fans should drink it

https://leaderpost.com/news/local-news/brownish-water-from-some-regina-taps-not-a-health-risk-says-city

I lived in Regina for three years and the only time the water was drinkable was mid-winter.

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I lived in Regina for three years and the only time the water was drinkable was mid-winter.

I never drank the water in Saskatchewan. Always bottled water. 

I have lived in Alberta for 12 years now and the rider fans have pissed me off for the whole time.  These so called “fans” go to the local co-op in sask and buy a rider tshirt and call themselves fans.  The first thing I asked the rider fans before they chirp me is to name 3 players from their oline or defence.  Most of them can’t so I don’t give them the time of day to get a rise out of me!

On 2018-11-07 at 11:28 AM, jazzsax said:

Aww, you aren't so great now are you?

BOMBER FANS REPRESENT! Be louder than those cry baby banjo pickin inbreds!

FOUR MORE SLEEPS

As a youngling you clearly do not remember the 13k(+/-1) that showed up for a playoff game here in...was it 88? Help me out people.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 hours ago, Albertabomberguy said:

I have lived in Alberta for 12 years now and the rider fans have pissed me off for the whole time.  These so called “fans” go to the local co-op in sask and buy a rider tshirt and call themselves fans.  The first thing I asked the rider fans before they chirp me is to name 3 players from their oline or defence.  Most of them can’t so I don’t give them the time of day to get a rise out of me!

I am definitely using that one next time...

My personal favorite is reminding them they've only won four Grey Cups compared to our ten... to which their usual reply is how the Bombers haven't won since 1990 (27 year drought). To which I usually reply they took 56 years to win their first one.

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

what was the final attendance tally?... I did notice a whole group of seats empty at one point in the game... maybe it was 30 friends all going for a drink at the same time...

They announced at the stadium 30 700. That seemed about right from what I could see.  There weren't a lot of Bomber fans there, I expected to see more to be honest. Some Bomber fans were near us. No issues, they were just there to cheer for their team, we wished them well after the game 

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

"Would have a been a sellout if it wasn't for the weather schedule needs to be moved up etc." Is making the rounds.

Which is like saying "fans could have wore shorts and golf shirts and flip flops if it wasn't for the weather. August should be extended to mid November."

according to Al Gore and David Suzuki that was supposed to have already happened...

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎11 at 9:31 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

As a youngling you clearly do not remember the 13k(+/-1) that showed up for a playoff game here in...was it 88? Help me out people.

I was one of the 13,280 at that game vs Hamilton. Attendance was so bad someone came up with the idea to sell tee shirts saying just that on the front. My wife & I both bought one each. Demand was so great they sold over 30,000.  So, if everyone who had bought a shirt had shown up the game would have been a sell out. Yes, it was in 1988. 

21 hours ago, Booch said:

props to sask...they had a good crowd for the weather situation...i bet we would have had no more that 27k if it was here.

But if it was a mid October game pretty certain both places could/would sell out..

I agree, I dont think WPG would have sold out...but then again. The Bombers aren't "Canadas team"....

50 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I agree, I dont think WPG would have sold out...but then again. The Bombers aren't "Canadas team"....

I heard them on tv calling the jets "Canada's team" just last night.  Looks like Winnipeg an Regina really have something in common now,  as they each have a "Canadas team"...  does that make ya'all prairie cousins now ? Lol.....

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I heard them on tv calling the jets "Canada's team" just last night.  Looks like Winnipeg an Regina really have something in common now,  as they each have a "Canadas team"...  does that make ya'all prairie cousins now ? Lol.....

Who's them? Dumb comment. No self-respecting Jets fan would stoop to that level and call the Jets Canada's Team. That's left for trash Leafs fans as far as NHL goes.

You sure love posting dumb comments.