Self Proclaimed Worlds Greatest Fans can't sell out a playoff game...

jazzsax

11 minutes ago, do or die said:

Bomber need to:

1.  Avoid turnovers
2.  Have our interior OL command the line of scrimmage
3.  Have Harris produce 100+ in total O
4.  Bring the heat and put the smack on ZC at every opportunity
5.  Our DT's (see #2)

All great points but if I was forced to focus on one the Bombers need to do: neutralize Jefferson, i.e., do not throw the ball anywhere near him. Make him cheat inside, lose containment etc.

The greenies feed off his energy. Turn his energy into frustration. That frustration then will influence his teammates. 

Result: we win they lose.

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Bomber need to:

1.  Avoid turnovers
2.  Have our interior OL command the line of scrimmage
3.  Have Harris produce 100+ in total O
4.  Bring the heat and put the smack on ZC at every opportunity
5.  Our DT's (see #2)

The only thing the Bombers need to:

1. Score more points*

* preferably, score a lot more points because if we're ahead 13-12 it's just going to cause them a lot of confusion as to which number is bigger.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Game against BC, before he got hit by Willis, Collaros actually looked good. If he can play that well, they will be able to move the ball.

It's hard to know what to think about this game. Their team is better than people want to give them credit for. 

Remember when we last played Sask and shut them out. Yeah. Collaros hasnt looked good against us this year at all.. We have owned his ass and if not for Nichols giving the game away with picks... We likely win all 3. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

For the Bombers to win they need to do 2 things.. 

1. Score more points

2. Dont throw 5 picks in a half.  Unless they score more points, then it doesn't matter how many picks they throw. 

Edited by JCon

Worlds greatest fans is BS.  They have some of the thinnest skin out of any sports fans I have ever encountered,  they are delusional and weak just like their teams offence.  They love to talk about their perceived historic wins until somebody asks how many cups they have won overall.  They are so nervous about Sunday they can't handle a bomber fan who is being honest and having fun with the rivalry,  they choose to block and hide away.   I guess it's not really a friendly rivalry at all.  I am doubling my support for Matt Nichols the rest of these playoffs..... I am going to thoroughly enjoy watching Nichols meticulously dissect the lowly riders defence and show the rest of Canada just how mediocre those green slugs are on the field.   When Collaros throws that first interception I will be grinning from ear to ear.  Sunday night will be peaceful around here,  Monday morning it will be full of lame azz excuses from the thin skins of Saskatchewan......the goofs of the prairies.

PS...... I would like to thank posters who have answered my football questions in the past,  I have learned lots more about the players, the game, and the league overall.  I also enjoy the banter and good natured ribbing or barbs that are sometimes thrown around.....all in fun. 

RIDERS SUCK......An some of their fans suck even more. GO BOMBERS !

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

my prediction is the only way the Riders win is if they get at least one TD from D or ST... I think they're offense is good for 10-14, at best...

10-14 with a TD is possibly only 16-22 points......Matt an the Bombers average better than that.  So this game is gonna be a cakewalk.

Matty Ice seems like a prettty good playoff performer so far in his career. Him playing in the cold, paired with our run game doesn't scare me. The ground game is going to be so important that I would like to see lots of action in the back-field, and Streveler sets where comes in and adds his run-game element. 

Nick Marshall is actually very underrated, imo, and he could make things tough on us. Thank god we have Bighill.

Collaros has never really looked that impressive to me when the cold comes around. If I'm a Riders fan that worries me, for sure.

Edited by Dr Zaius

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

my prediction is the only way the Riders win is if they get at least one TD from D or ST... I think they're offense is good for 10-14, at best...

Bomber offence is the only one in the CFL that scored at least 2 touchdowns in every game this year. So hopefully we can already bank 14 points in this contest.

46 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Matty Ice seems like a prettty good playoff performer so far in his career. Him playing in the cold, paired with our run game doesn't scare me. The ground game is going to be so important that I would like to see lots of action in the back-field, and Streveler sets where comes in and adds his run-game element. 

Nick Marshall is actually very underrated, imo, and he could make things tough on us. Thank god we have Bighill.

Collaros has never really looked that impressive to me when the cold comes around. If I'm a Riders fan that worries me, for sure.

Marcus Thigpen is also coming back after many weeks off for the 'Riders. He has in the past pulled off the big play against the Bombers as a triple threat (receiving, rushing, returning) so I hope they guard against a bust with him. Not sure if there are any other "big play" threats on that Sask. offence that we fear (now returns and defence are a whole other story).

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Marcus Thigpen is also coming back after many weeks off for the 'Riders. He has in the past pulled off the big play against the Bombers as a triple threat (receiving, rushing, returning) so I hope they guard against a bust with him. Not sure if there are any other "big play" threats on that Sask. offence that we fear (now returns and defence are a whole other story).

How long has thigpen been out ?...... hopefully long enough to accumulate some rust,  he should be good for a strip fumble turnover....