Self Proclaimed Worlds Greatest Fans can't sell out a playoff game...

jazzsax

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Weather is always a factor.  We already had 2 games with good ticket sales - but hardly anyone in the stands

Yes but we're winnipeg and we have an excuse. We've had millions of home playoff games over the years, and we supposedly aren't the worlds greatest fans.

Worlds greatest fans should have no excuse. 

Playoff games are always a hard sell in the CFL - which is why the season will change in the very near future.  I suspect that the Riders will paper the stadium and have a sellout.  While I don't say good things about them very often, Saskatchewan does have the best chance of any CFL team of getting a sellout in the playoffs.

I also love CFL football.

I also have deep respect for Remembrance Day. 

But they are not connected. As a matter of fact, part of the reason we are able to play those games and work that day, and go out to eat that day, or go to a movie...etc is because of the sacrifices made. We should never forget that. And, as long as they acknowledge that on Sunday, I will be satisfied, and I’m sure veterans and their families will be appreciative.

The NHL, the NFL and the rest of the world will go on but not without Remembrance on the 11th hour on that day.

Get your Poppies and wear them with pride and respect. Or better yet, go here:

https://mypoppy.ca/

Edited by Mr Dee

5 hours ago, MC said:

Playoff games are always a hard sell in the CFL - which is why the season will change in the very near future.  I suspect that the Riders will paper the stadium and have a sellout.  While I don't say good things about them very often, Saskatchewan does have the best chance of any CFL team of getting a sellout in the playoffs.

Hamilton and Ottawa say hi

20 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Hilarious post. How many empty seats were there at the Bombers last home playoff game ?

We aren't Canadas team tho you arrogant clown and have other forms of sports entertainment here such as NHL AHL etc. All you got is the Riders. How many times have you sold out a cfl nhl and baseball game On the same day? Oh wait you haven't.  We have... Several times so.. The self proclaimed greatest fans in the league need to step up. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Feet are still frozen from that game, never seen so many guys just hanging out in the can.

"Hey, is this where all the dicks hang out??"

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

I love CFL football, but what is with playoff football on Remembrance Day? Show some respect CFL...

The league will honour Remembrance Day for sure.  I'd be surprised if there isn't a veteran of some sort doing the coin toss, and you'd have to think there will be a flyover after the anthem.   If anything, this creates more of a platform to honour the vets.    The CFL has played playoff games on Sundays forever, why would they change now??

1 hour ago, TheBandit said:

Hilarious post. How many empty seats were there at the Bombers last home playoff game ?

We aren't talking about the bombers, we're talking about the self proclaimed greatest fans in the cfl (ie, Saskatchewan). If you want to talk about how many empty seats we have, start your own thread. 

2 hours ago, TheBandit said:

Literally from page 4 of the Saskatchewan Roughriders 2017-2018 annual report:

"The members of Rider Nation flocked to the stadium that day and throughout the season, helping us sell out the pre-season game as well as the team's first seven regular-season contests before weather conditions affected ticket sales late in the campgain. Thanks to the fans, whose support made this tremendous facility possible, the Green and White led the CFL in scanned attendance in 2017 for only the second time in our history."

Source:

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/11/SaskRoughriders_AnnualReport1718_web.pdf

Only the Riders would think being 1st in attendance 2 years out of 107 possible times is a good ratio, oh and this was also on the coattails of your shiny new toilet seat (ahem) stadium.