It's Official, We're Headed To Regina For The WSF: Show No Mercy On Rider Trolls

USABomberfan

The “challenge” aspect of our game is broken. When a clear cut error is not spotted a Head Coach should not have to factor in which Quarter they’re in or what field position they’re at. If he’s right, on a challenge, why should he be punished by losing his challenge? If he’s wrong, by all means strip him of a challenge. Make him wear Chris Jones sunglasses for all I care, but let the Coach decide if he feels strongly about it.

The Officials make them state what the challenge is anyways, so the fishing aspect is removed. It’s just wrong to lose your only challenge when an error has to be corrected for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

The “challenge” aspect of our game is broken. When a clear cut error is not spotted a Head Coach should not have to factor in which Quarter they’re in or what field position they’re at. If he’s right, on a challenge, why should he be punished by losing his challenge? If he’s wrong, by all means strip him of a challenge. Make him wear Chris Jones sunglasses for all I care, but let the Coach decide if he feels strongly about it.

The Officials make them state what the challenge is anyways, so the fishing aspect is removed. It’s just wrong to lose your only challenge when an error has to be corrected for whatever reason.

The challenge aspect of the game used to be broken, but now it's mostly fixed. Add in some additional eye in the sky responsibilities for roughing penalties and it's good to go IMO.

Challenges are supposed to be to fix obvious reffing mistakes. The clear cut ones that you are complaining about. Coaches having to state what they are challenging doesn't remove the fishing aspect. It just means they can't challenge one thing and hope for a different thing to be called (which is a good change).

Adding more challenges only if the coach is right wouldn't make any difference to us this week. MOS still wouldn't have challenged the forward pass/lateral cuz it wasn't a guarantee so he may lose his timeout and his ability to challenge again. He wouldn't have challenged the PI in the end zone for the same reason. Jones on the other hand would have used his 2nd challenge to get the hit to the head called then would have used a 3rd one as a de facto time out on the next play.

I think that is exactly why Chris Jones was perturbed at having to use his challenge on that specific play. When it's clear cut that a mistake was made, coaches get infuriated that they have to correct it with their one and only challenge.

We had that in when they introduced the challenge. It was abused by dickinson. I swear, their offense employed a dedicated receiver to draw a PI- how many times was there a challenge by dicky for a PI that was totally away from the play? And sure enough- it was a receiver running down a DB. what an ass 

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...it seemed that they had a dedicated guy each play to initiate contact downfield for the illegal contact challenge on a receiver in the case a play didn't work...

In a perfect world if a coach challenges a play that was no where near the play (and no bearing) they should be charged with delay of game and loss of challenge. I know, not that cut and dry.

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

We had that in when they introduced the challenge. It was abused by dickinson. I swear, their offense employed a dedicated receiver to draw a PI- how many times was there a challenge by dicky for a PI that was totally away from the play? And sure enough- it was a receiver running down a DB. what an ass 

to be honest... that was actually a pretty brilliant way to take advantage of the system...

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't come around here very much anymore but I'm just wondering - are you always this annoying? If yes, why?

Not this forum.  This forum is very fair from what I have seen so far.  And no,  nobody considers me annoying.

23 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

It gets worse. He's a Vegas Knights fan.

When they are playing the jets in the playoffs yeh.  My team is the Coyotes.

12 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Not this forum.  This forum is very fair from what I have seen so far.  And no,  nobody considers me annoying.

When they are playing the jets in the playoffs yeh.  My team is the Coyotes.

My condolences.

And you're out to lunch if you think nobody considers you annoying. Your behaviour here is the same garbage you pulled on the other forum.

Edited by blue_gold_84
be nice to the troll

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

My condolences.

And you're out to lunch if you think nobody considers you annoying. Your behaviour here is the same garbage you pulled on the other forum.

I do not engage on the jets discussion board here, ... as for garbage I have no clue what has you so butt hurt.  If you want to message me to discuss anything please do .  

16 hours ago, Mike said:

I don't come around here very much anymore but I'm just wondering - are you always this annoying? If yes, why?

I'm really only here to lurk, but blocking him and iHeart is the best thing I ever did, and basically the only way I can tolerate this site...

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

I understand.  I was an original WHA jets fan back in the day.  But when the city let the team get away I went with it.

was it the "city" that let them get away or the ownership and poor economic times?... I always cheer for my home town team so when the Jets left I would pick a bandwagon here and there (really got into the Avalanche/Wings rivalry in the late 90s - cheered for the Avs as a fan of Joe Sakic)... but never really found any real passion cheering for a team until they came back...

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I do not engage on the jets discussion board here, ...

What? I remember you showing up with your Vegas Knights avatar logo during the Jets playoff run. You literally came into existence on this forum to engage in jets discussion.

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I understand.  I was an original WHA jets fan back in the day.  But when the city let the team get away I went with it.

More revisionist history. The city sold the team? I was young but old enough to remember clearly the save our jets rallies. Kids were asking where they could mail their allowances to in order to keep the team. It was purely a $$$ issue; one of the smallest market teams competing in a league with next to no revenue sharing and no salary cap (at the time).

The coyotes???? At least seats must be cheap!

11 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Are you sure you aren’t thinking of the other bomber forum ? 

And this is off topic so I am done with this here. 

I don't know, am I? We played the Vegas Knights May 12-20 and your account popped up May 16 when we were down 2-1 in the series. With a Knights avatar. Surely not to troll, though.