It's Official, We're Headed To Regina For The WSF: Show No Mercy On Rider Trolls

USABomberfan

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Ahahaha, ohhh man I am loving this ending the playoff drought in Regina

And watch RF melt down over a nothingburger hit on their QB

It was a penalty but the ref couldn’t see it so there isn’t much he could do. Good tough win.

3 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

And right on cue, Jeffcoat already has a thread on RF.  Lol, yup predictably they blame the refs for the loss.

Let them cry into their conspiracy theory soup. Whether that hit gets flagged or not, it wouldn't have determined the outcome of this game. Bombers won because they were the better team and didn't turn over the ball.

Just now, J5V said:

Let them cry into their conspiracy theory soup. Whether that hit gets flagged or not, it wouldn't have determined the outcome of this game. Bombers won because they were the better team and didn't turn over the ball.

I'm just getting ready to rain down fire on The Bandit's head if he comes here complaining about it like the wuss he is.

33 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I would be curious to know how they feel about the "pass interference" call against Brandon Alexander that set up their only offensive TD of the game...

Very similar to the suspected lateral pass, MOS not throwing a challenge on such a crucial play? Or did Sasky do a good job getting to the line before he could.

Did he want to hang on to his timeout that much not to throw a challenge flag? Did any reporter in post game ask that question?

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Very similar to the suspected lateral pass, MOS not throwing a challenge on such a crucial play? Or did Sasky do a good job getting to the line before he could.

Did he want to hang on to his timeout that much not to throw a challenge flag? Did any reporter in post game ask that question?

I agree that he should've challenged the PI call... and yes they did ask him about that one... O'Shea said from his perspective (watching it live) he didn't think it would be overturned... I guess he didn't get any different intel from the booth...

Edited by bearpants

Challenging PI is always a gamble with the CFL replay officials so I don't blame O'Shea for not challenging that, it was a BS call for sure. Anyway he probably figured they still had a lead, get the ball back to the offense and they'll take care of the rest. It all worked out because by that point in the game the Bombers were taking complete control anyway. 

30 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think the PI would have been overturned, so I agree with MOS on that one.

I do think it was a lateral, not a forward pass, but we didn't get the ball, so it would have been a wasted challenge, because it would just have pushed them back.

That lateral was a big play.  Very likely to put points on the board for the Bombers if it was called correctly.

The big flaw in the challenge system is having only one per team regardless of success.  They should be unlimited if the teams keep winning them.  Why should they get screwed by poor officiating or have to accept it and try to pick the best moment to use it?  Get the black and white calls right.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That lateral was a big play.  Very likely to put points on the board for the Bombers if it was called correctly.

The big flaw in the challenge system is having only one per team regardless of success.  They should be unlimited if the teams keep winning them.  Why should they get screwed by poor officiating or have to accept it and try to pick the best moment to use it?  Get the black and white calls right.

I'd be shocked if they didn't go towards an NFL style system for challenges.  Or something close like that. 

34 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think the PI would have been overturned, so I agree with MOS on that one.

I do think it was a lateral, not a forward pass, but we didn't get the ball, so it would have been a wasted challenge, because it would just have pushed them back.

Hoeever way better field position for us after they kicked it back to us. This game turned out to be all about field position.

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That seems a bit excessive but I think at the very least if a coach wins a challenge he should get at least one more.

The officiating as a whole needs to be better. Where the hell is the whole "eye in the sky" thing the league talked about? You'd think we'd hear more about it but nothing.