It's Official, We're Headed To Regina For The WSF: Show No Mercy On Rider Trolls

USABomberfan

24 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Yea...but it also sounds like it's not that serious. I would bet he will play.

The encouraging, but not guaranteed part is in my experience with foot issues even when its fairly minor is automatically put a walking boot on it.

So this is hopefully just that, a minor foot issue. 

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The encouraging, but not guaranteed part is in my experience with foot issues even when its fairly minor is automatically put a walking boot on it.

So this is hopefully just that, a minor foot issue. 

Agree.  I've had to put a drinking cast on my arm, a few times...…...

20 hours ago, Booch said:

odd...don't recall seeing him get hurt in game...and yoiu could see him on sidelines after he was pulled standing around...that is an injury though that we can absorb better than if it was Biggie....Wild is adequate...I bet Fenner as well could handle the spot ok...possiblly wilson too.

On another note..Jones said Collaros passed concussion protocal "days ago" yet says in presser todat that they are treating him as day to day right now?...

I agree that JSK out would be a huge loss... but that might be the one position where we have the best back-up ready to go... Wild is no JSK, but he can handle himself...

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎06 at 12:47 PM, Mark H. said:

As you would be quick to tell anyone else - there are other variables that have to be accounted for:

2. Is anyone going to start their 2005 or 1965 Quarterback?

Note: these questions may be considered rhetorical.

Jones probably just signed both.  Don't know why you gave him the idea.  Dinwiddie and Ploen are on their way now.

5 hours ago, MC said:

Jones probably just signed both.  Don't know why you gave him the idea.  Dinwiddie and Ploen are on their way now.

Dinwiddie didn't show his beautiful wolf eye peepers around Winnipeg until 2006.  Tee Martin and Kevin Glenn were our QB's in 2005.  And Rod Rust was our D-coach, for part of the year anyway... 

From Ed Tait (emphasis in #3 mine):

5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

1. The Bombers and Riders are meeting for the fourth time this season. The Riders won both the Labour Day Classic and the Banjo Bowl, before the Bombers crushed them 31-0 October 13th here in Winnipeg.
Saskatchewan finished second in the West with a 12-6 record, with the Bombers third at 10-8. The winner on Sunday will advance to meet the Calgary Stampeders in Calgary on November 18th in the West Final.

2. These two teams haven’t met in the playoffs since the 2007 Grey Cup and — cover your eyes and ears for this one — the Bombers are on a seven-game playoff losing streak to the Riders that dates back to 1965.
One more historical nugget: the last time the Bombers played in Regina in the playoffs was 43 years ago — on Nov. 8 1975, to be exact — at old Taylor Field. Riders legend Ron Lancaster led the Riders to a 42-24 win over Ralph “Dieter” Brock and the Bombers that day.

3. The Bombers are relatively healthy heading into the playoffs, although there is uncertainly regarding the status of linebacker Jovan Santos-Knox, who has not practised this week.
A year ago the Bombers went into the West semi against Edmonton minus receiver Darvin Adams, defensive end Jamaal Westerman, linebacker Maurice Leggett and with quarterback Matt Nichols nursing a bum calf and broken finger on his throwing hand while Weston Dressler played with a broken hand.

4. The Riders and Bombers are two of the Canadian Football League’s hottest teams heading into the playoffs. Both clubs went 5-1 in the final third of the season. Vegas bookies have made the Riders three-point favourites.

5. The Bombers head into the postseason attempting to overcome some daunting history. Not since the 2005 Edmonton Eskimos has a third-place team managed to capture the Grey Cup. That year the Eskimos finished third in the West at 11-7 and went on to win in Calgary and B.C. before knocking off Montreal in the championship.

Edited by Wideleft

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

If he can get Darvin one on one with Edem they will take a shot.

First play on O getting them thinking we are going to start with a long ball to Adams and then Bam hit them with a draw to Harris for a 65 yard gain.

And yes, if we can isolate Adams on Edem lets go for it.

3 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Meantime, wonder if Lapo will look to put them on their heels early with the deep ball to Darvin again, or if he'll look to work his way down the field using his infamous screens on the first series.

8 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

just to blow your mind, November 1990 or 28 years ago (the last time we won the Cup) this was the number one song on the charts:

Ice ice baby - to the 2018 Grey Cup!!!!! Word to your mother...

Thanks for that depressing tidbit.