It's Official, We're Headed To Regina For The WSF: Show No Mercy On Rider Trolls

USABomberfan

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

3rd place teams making it to the Grey Cup - 9 times out of 124 chances or 7.26%

3rd place teams winning the Grey Cup - 5 out of 62 games or 8.06%

Last time a 3rd place team won the Grey Cup -2005 Edmonton

Last time the Bomber beat the Riders in a playoff game - 1965

I'm confused... If the 3rd place team only makes it to the Grey Cup 9 times out of 124 chances, how do they win 5 out of 62 chances???

The first stat says they only make it there 9 times, so where does the 62 chances come from?

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

3rd place teams making it to the Grey Cup - 9 times out of 124 chances or 7.26%

3rd place teams winning the Grey Cup - 5 out of 62 games or 8.06%

Last time a 3rd place team won the Grey Cup -2005 Edmonton

Last time the Bomber beat the Riders in a playoff game - 1965

Well, this is the kind of stat that is meant to be broken.

This matchup is exactly what we wanted for the playoff, so I'd say we got enough fuel going for the guys to come out firing.

1 hour ago, Sard said:

I'm confused... If the 3rd place team only makes it to the Grey Cup 9 times out of 124 chances, how do they win 5 out of 62 chances???

The first stat says they only make it there 9 times, so where does the 62 chances come from?

Don't even bother looking at them. What those stats don't tell is how many times there was a 6 point difference between 1st and 4th. The overwhelming majority of these statistics were compiled when the third place team was sub.500 and there were juggernauts like the Eskimos, Bombers,and Alouettes over the past 40 years. The playing field is wide open over the past few years in comparison since the SMS came in.

Edited by gcn11

1 hour ago, Sard said:

62 Grey Cups. 2 teams in each. 124 chances to make it to a Grey Cup. 5 wins in those 62 Grey Cups.

Stats were to get some conversation going. How you interpret them is up to you. Some may even say it means we're due.

31 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

62 Grey Cups. 2 teams in each. 124 chances to make it to a Grey Cup. 5 wins in those 62 Grey Cups.

Stats were to get some conversation going. How you interpret them is up to you. Some may even say it means we're due.

So of the 9 times a 3rd place team has made it to the final, they have won 5 times... I like those odds :)

1984 - we club the Eskimos into the ground at home in the WSF, then defeat the almost unbeatable Lions on their home turf in the WF, despite the mass amount of crowd noise (this was the 1980's when people in BC used to attend Lions games), then we went into Edmonton for the Grey Cup and smoked the Dieter-led Ti-Cats.  I see history repeating itself this year.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

luckily they won't...so teams can enjoy another season of a Rider team with zip for offense...mis-use of SMS to balance team out and a dfense who will be good...but won't have lady luck smile on them like she did this year...and fall to about a .500 squad..pretty much like they are other than the phoney record

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Loffler back practising, but it looks like Santos-Knox will miss Sunday’s game. He was seen in a walking boot.

Huge loss for the Bombers if this is correct. 

****, no one to back him up either. that's a brutal loss, gonna have to hope offence can stay on the field and keep the defense off of it as much as possible. 

odd...don't recall seeing him get hurt in game...and yoiu could see him on sidelines after he was pulled standing around...that is an injury though that we can absorb better than if it was Biggie....Wild is adequate...I bet Fenner as well could handle the spot ok...possiblly wilson too.

On another note..Jones said Collaros passed concussion protocal "days ago" yet says in presser todat that they are treating him as day to day right now?...