It's Official, We're Headed To Regina For The WSF: Show No Mercy On Rider Trolls

USABomberfan

4 hours ago, bb1 said:

No 17 to 85 your wrong. Its the apathy in the larger markets that is the plague. They bleed Green while we bleed Blue. If all the fans were as passionate for the teams like ours..this league would stand proud like it deserves to do..no where else to players still play for something rather than the all mighty buck. I hope it lasts for the younger ones to enjoy like i have.

I look at it this way.... if 17to85 went to the game this weekend, and brought the same attitude vocally in their barn, he'd probably get his ass kicked.  It's okay to joke, but when you're at the game, whether you like it or not, there's a certain level of respect you need to give your opponent.   You can win or lose with class, and that's what makes this rivalry for the most part, a friendly one.   I plan on having a great time at the game, but I'm not going to be swearing and undermining Rider fans.  We're all fans of the same game, we just cheer for different teams!

That's the difference here unfortunately. How many of you were at the 2003 West Semi in Wpg?

We lost that game, but my bitterness towards rider fans, not the team stems from that game. I've never seen so many down right rude, disgusting trolls in the stands who literally were getting ejected for being vulgar and starting fights (around alot of kids I might add). 

1 or 2 the whole game? I can understand. But 10+ is out of hand. 

Pretty sure we all rib in good nature but it's the idiots with the manure in the bags (and their mouths) that give the rest of them a bad name. 

31 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

That's the difference here unfortunately. How many of you were at the 2003 West Semi in Wpg?

We lost that game, but my bitterness towards rider fans, not the team stems from that game. I've never seen so many down right rude, disgusting trolls in the stands who literally were getting ejected for being vulgar and starting fights (around alot of kids I might add). 

1 or 2 the whole game? I can understand. But 10+ is out of hand. 

Pretty sure we all rib in good nature but it's the idiots with the manure in the bags (and their mouths) that give the rest of them a bad name. 

Exact same experience

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

I found this article to be reasonable, except for giving the Riders the advantage at linebacker.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/11/05/head-head-edge-western-semi-final-2/

We are better at linebacker and db, and I will argue that the dl is closer than it seems because our tackles are better. 

We got depth, they got a handful of good players. Depth wins.

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

We are better at linebacker and db, and I will argue that the dl is closer than it seems because our tackles are better. 

We got depth, they got a handful of good players. Depth wins.

Yeah not too sure who put that together...we had more interceptions...gave up less passing TD's...(by a big margin) and fact of the matter gave up less points...with 2 linebackers in the top 8 in league in tackles...and not a single rider in the top 10 (and any team with Hurl in the rotation) can't be considered that great. As well foreced most turnovers in the league which the majority always go to the LB'S and DB's...not a very good assessment when you look at the season as a whole and a sum of all the parts

13 hours ago, jazzsax said:

Riders Foghorn (Rod Penison) is proclaiming a 25-18 riders win.

http://www.rodpedersen.com/2018/11/out-of-tunnel-breaking-down-cfl-western.html

Sorry Penison. It's going to be 27 - 16 Bombers. 

Per Penison

But don't read too deep into that. The Saskatchewan offence is built for this time of season. They are in the top three in turnovers made and in time of possession. If the Green and White offence can hold onto the football, keep their mistakes to a minimum and hold the Bomber offence off the field, it will make for a much easier game

Now does this twit even read what he writes...point A) Winnipeg has the league best grind it out ground game (with leading rusher) and best 0-line which is totally healthy .B) yeah Winnipeg is in the top 3 too...but sit at number 1 C) Sask has a time of possession of 30.42 and we sit at 30.28....YET we have scored 50 offensive TD's to their 25...so wheres the advantage there???

Another article solidly solidifying what a doofuss that guy is and how he really has no clue...

Edited by Booch

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I found this article to be reasonable, except for giving the Riders the advantage at linebacker.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/11/05/head-head-edge-western-semi-final-2/

The advantage to the Riders LBer corps because they rotate more mediocre players through during the game? It makes zero sense. Let's just discount MOP level play from Bighill, all star level play from Santos Knox and give the edge to a Rider LBer crew anchored by Sam Hurl with a couple of hobos beside him. Literally the stupidest thing I have read and just kills the credibility of an otherwise good break down. Bombers LBer crew is vastly superior to the Riders....it isn't even comparable. I am gobsmacked that a professional CFL journalist would even think they were comparable let alone superior to ours.

Bombers shutout win was a pure fluke.   Just hope we can go up there and make things respectable.  Harris is aging, and almost washed up, and our O in general, will quake before the Rider Green Wall on D.  None of MOS's cheap gimmicks will save us.  Lapo will be packing his bags at half-time. Our D is overrated and without Poop and Hurl, has taken a giant step backwards.  Medlock is overpaid, and Nichols is strictly a scrub.

I hope the right people are reading this....