3 stars +hh regular season finale

wbbfan

1 Streveler. Changed the nature of the game coming in. Running hard, beautiful deep ball, keeps getting better. 

2 Augustin. Came in late and looked fast compared to the defense helped re rally the offense. 

3 Sayles. Another great game. Humes with some great tackling too. 

Hh Lankford could be a legit kicker / punter. Shades or Jon Ryan on that 68yarder. 

1. Chris Streveler - Throws TDs, bombs to Simonize, and Washington, runs for TDs, runs over people, and has an infectious attitude. Absolutely enamoured with this guy.

2. Chris Randle - Consumate pro. Steadies the secondary. Sets an example of professionalism and game preparation.

3. Johnny Augustine - I thought he showed something special.

HH - Ryan Lankford - Did a great job kicking the ball today. Good for him.

I thought Nelson showed that he will be a really good player. too quick to cover, short sideline pass and run across the middle, can't catch him. pretty nasty special teams tackle.

couple of nice returns, with some power.

hh for him.

really enjoyed the game, except for a few sections where things lagged a bit. 

best babble room in a while too.

Edited by Mark F

11 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I thought Nelson showed that he will be a really good player. too quick to cover, short sideline pass and run across the middle, can't catch him. pretty nasty special teams tackle.

couple of nice returns, with some power.

hh for him.

really enjoyed the game, except for a few sections where things lagged a bit. 

best babble room in a while too.

Mark...why thank you 😀

1) Lankford - who would of thought

2) Streveler - exciting to watch but is going to need a lot more work before he's a starter

3) Augustine - I just get excited thinking about him and Harris working as a tandem. He's got power but the speed that Harris doesn't have

HH)  Harris - got the rushing title and did it in a  definitive way 

21 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

1) Lankford - who would of thought

2) Streveler - exciting to watch but is going to need a lot more work before he's a starter

3) Augustine - I just get excited thinking about him and Harris working as a tandem. He's got power but the speed that Harris doesn't have

HH)  Harris - got the rushing title and did it in a  definitive way 

The CFL does not do 2 back offenses. You'll never see them play together in the same backfield as it would mean taking out a receiver. Won't happen. 

34 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I agree. Thankfully, it seems like they're actually taking the proper approach to developing a QB this time around. It helps that we have the luxury of a legit starter ahead of him to a) learn from and b) keep him from being forced in too early.

7 minutes ago, ediger said:

I agree. Thankfully, it seems like they're actually taking the proper approach to developing a QB this time around. It helps that we have the luxury of a legit starter ahead of him to a) learn from and b) keep him from being forced in too early.

Agreed.

However, Walby and Westwood think Streveler is gone to the NFL after next season.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The CFL does not do 2 back offenses. You'll never see them play together in the same backfield as it would mean taking out a receiver. Won't happen. 

Maybe tandem isn't the right word but the thought of Augustine spelling off Harris and saving some wear and tear is a promising prospect. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Augustine is not faster than Harris either.  He runs hard but he's a pretty marginal player and he's going to have to bring a lot more than running hard to stick.

I disagree but that's  what makes this world  so great.

1 hour ago, blueingreenland said:

Agreed.

However, Walby and Westwood think Streveler is gone to the NFL after next season.

Well, he'll have to do a lot more than what he did today over an entire season to really get a look. He wasn't even drafted I believe probably due to what we saw today. In the NFL is he a running back, receiver or qb? 

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Was Streveler one of the top 3?   I thought he had a very up and down game.

24 points and 276 yards of offense from his arm and legs in 3 quarters.  2 TD's and the 3rd set up by a bomb to the 1 yard line, no turnovers.

The Bombers had a hell of a time getting a clean pocket with Couture in Chungh's spot.