Game Day Thread- Week Twenty one , GAME 18: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Edmonton November 3rd, 2018

Entertaining game and sad for Edmonton barely winning despite playing 3rd stringers.

Some bad drops by Demski and LaFrance. Augustine will definitely steal that back up job for next season.

Nelson looked good. Streveler looked decent and no he shouldn't start. 

Davis Sanchez is not liked by Milt or Henry. Didn't help himself with his not liking smiling and and saying Edmonton is the greatest 9-9 team ever. Milt ridiculed him both times.

Matt Dunigan was great he's hilarious.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Davis Sanchez is not liked by Milt or Henry. Didn't help himself with his not liking smiling and and saying Edmonton is the greatest 9-9 team ever. Milt ridiculed him both times.

Matt Dunigan was great he's hilarious.

Sanchez is a piece of crap. Was as a player and is as a commentator. No wonder he is not liked. I don't like him, you don't, no one does. Why TSN goes with people like this is a mystery. It's bad enough we have to endure Black, not we get force-fed Sanchez.

57 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

He is, as the plan stated, this is essentially preseason football, and he was just in the last series.

I don't mind Lapolice going vanilla today.  We don't need the Riders or Stampeders seeing all the tricks in his bag today.

Teams know each other very well by this time. Not a lot of surprises they can throw at each other. 

54 minutes ago, outofprovincefan said:

I fail to see how getting your team humiliated in the last game of the season, tiring out your defence and not giving even a few reps to your starting QB is smart preparation for the playoffs.

You feel that further denying Streveler reps while exposing your starting QB to injury in a 'meaningless game' would have been better? Nichols has more to gain from a week of rest than a week of reps at this point in his career and in the season.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

Sanchez is a piece of crap. Was as a player and is as a commentator. No wonder he is not liked. I don't like him, you don't, no one does. Why TSN goes with people like this is a mystery. It's bad enough we have to endure Black, not we get force-fed Sanchez.

Meanwhile Barker was pretty good as a panelist. Milt never treated him like he does Sanchez.

45 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Well...we'll let that action go this time. But in the future...only do tasks in which you don't have to take your eyes off the game. For example, I fold laundry...

Well, I won't sort the garbage into what goes into recycling or not while watching. That is suicide in our house. 

1 hour ago, outofprovincefan said:

I fail to see how getting your team humiliated in the last game of the season, tiring out your defence and not giving even a few reps to your starting QB is smart preparation for the playoffs.

I got laser eye surgery earlier this year. You might want to do the same - did wonders for my vision!

1 hour ago, outofprovincefan said:

Out of province fan? Sure Prider. Get kicked in the head by a cow or something? LOL. Enjoy Drew Tate trying to lead your team to the Promised Land. 

58 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I have to say, I’m disappointed that O’Shea took Streveler out so early. I recognize that we may need him in the playoffs and an injury to him would be a problem but the guy needs reps and if he’s resistant to even put in his backup in blowouts, there are few better opportunities than a meaningless game. 

Bennett needed reps as well. He's only 2 hits from starting.  And he deserves it as well putting in the work like the other 2 guys have as well. 

Streveler's enthusiasm is contagious....This guy is up for every play....could've literally taken a knee in the our last set of downs but not Streve....he's playing till the final second...Got a little worried for him at the end though as he was taking 'riley' type punishment but this kid is rugged...What a hell of a future Chris has in this game and I hope it's with us on a few Cup runs...This team is looking more solid every time out....depth is now there...look out opposition 

Edited by Stickem

4 hours ago, outofprovincefan said:

I think that our friend is back again.  Enjoy you stay, but keep your coat on.  You won't be here long, I'm guessing.

3 hours ago, J5V said:

Wow. Strong feelings. What exactly does Sanchez do to make you hate him that much? It almost sounds personal.

It’s funny… I actually feel the exact opposite of you. I think Milt acts like a total **** on the panel. Helluva receiver, for sure.  But I really don’t care for him as a commentator. He talks incessantly and interrupts other people continuously. I mean, Hank gives his opinion on who the Bombers might prefer to face in the semi. Then Milt gets to give his opinion. Then when it’s Davis’ turn, Milt rudely over talks him. Why does Milt get a free pass to be a dink?

He’s also not nearly as funny or clever as he thinks. It was like that when he was a player too. I just don’t care for the arrogance. Surprised, actually, that Davis didn’t punch him in the mouth. He deserves it. 

8 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Wow. Strong feelings. What exactly does Sanchez do to make you hate him that much? It almost sounds personal.

It’s funny… I actually feel the exact opposite of you. I think Milt acts like a total **** on the panel. Helluva receiver, for sure.  But I really don’t care for him as a commentator. He talks incessantly and interrupts other people continuously. I mean, Hank gives his opinion on who the Bombers might prefer to face in the semi. Then Milt gets to give his opinion. Then when it’s Davis’ turn, Milt rudely over talks him. Why does Milt get a free pass to be a dink?

He’s also not nearly as funny or clever as he thinks. It was like that when he was a player too. I just don’t care for the arrogance. Surprised, actually, that Davis didn’t punch him in the mouth. He deserves it. 

Did you... did you just dis Milt? Milt? And defend Sanchez? 

You sir, have gone too far. 

I think Milt sucks on the panel,  doesn't seem to know as much as others and seems to follow headlines and bandwagons rather then formulate his own opinions.   Sanchez at times is much better at breaking down plays and players... it just seemed today he was all emotions and little substance.

I agree that Barker is better and they should always have a coach on the panel just for a different perspective. 

Re: Sanchez being a dirty player 10+ yrs ago, I don’t know… Maybe you’re right about that. I’m just watching two human beings interacting in the here and now, both over the age of 40, and one’s acting quite a bit more immature than the other. And it ain’t Davis. 

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

who was the Montreal player that pile drove a Bomber player  head first into the ground?  

Milt is a bit full of himself, that's his style. Not my favourite persona, but he's not over the top like some . Sanchez doesn't bother me, he has some good information and opinons. Barker is good too.

Edited by Mark F