Game 15 : Colorado

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lets get ready to be owned by Landeskog Mackinnon and Rantanen but no worries.. Maurice will overplay a struggling 5 on 5 Wheeler 30 minutes. 

Not a big PM fan? He got our Jets to the Top 4 last year and still has the team above .500.  Could be worse, like Senator worse. But hear what you're saying, he has his quirks.

On 2018-11-07 at 3:30 PM, trueBlue83 said:

would Perreault be joining that line??  Laine needs a setup man, and I think they need to give Mathieu some more opportunity to be that guy!

Idk I've been a fan of his but  MP hasn't impressed me for sometime now. He loses a lot of puck battles and seems to be working hard, expending a lot of energy but with little purpose. I seem to recall Tanev last year received the same sort of criticism from some but I think it seems more relevant to MP's play of late.

14 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Idk I've been a fan of his but  MP hasn't impressed me for sometime now. He loses a lot of puck battles and seems to be working hard, expending a lot of energy but with little purpose. I seem to recall Tanev last year received the same sort of criticism from some but I think it seems more relevant to MP's play of late.

but to be fair... it's probably hard for him to get engaged and in the flow of things when he's only getting 5 minutes of ice time a night!

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

True but getting 5 mil a year should motivate one somewhat to produce to get those minutes up.

I believe it's 3.5 per, and he knows he's better than a 4th line player.  It's demoralizing to a guy with that kind of talent to be buried down the lineup.

11 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I believe it's 3.5 per, and he knows he's better than a 4th line player.  It's demoralizing to a guy with that kind of talent to be buried down the lineup.

I agree but he is still needs to show he deserves more minutes. I'm not sure if he has yet and I'm thinking the Head Coach and his staff might be thinking that as well. Is it fair? Debatable for sure.

I don't think there's ever a question of Perreault's desire in game.... but when you don't get enough time, and can't build that chemistry, its tough.   It's also a very deep lineup.  You're not going to swap Matty for Little as second line centre, and dropping Connor or Ehlers to 3rd-4th line would be tough to do.   The only real way to make it happen would be to have Perreault - Rosolovic - Laine  third line.  Then it's debatable if Ehlers - Little - ?? wouldn't actually be your 3rd - 4th line.    Lots of talent... good problem to have.   They're one injury away from everything juggling. Knock on wood.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

I think I fell asleep somewhere, Johnson puts the avs on the board the jets answer back thanks to Ehlers 3-1 jets

3-2....come on Helle you're handing Brossy a start

Laine 4-2

4 assists and 1 goal for Wheeler tonight

5-2

Lol. Helle was great. Myers sucked tho.