Season Finale At Edmonton

USABomberfan

43 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

👁‍🗨

 Winnipeg at Calgary? - Not since 1978: It has been almost as long since the Bombers last played a playoff game in Calgary - that being Regina 40 years ago - at McMahon Stadium on November 8, 1978. Calgary defeated Winnipeg 38-4 that day on the strength that time of a 17-4 half-time lead.

Not understanding...

22 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Did Maas get fired?

Officially ... No.  But for good reason, we suspect Maas's intemperate ways of coaching may be starting to wear thin on the Esks players.  He's also been on a bit of a Benevides in BC trajectory, a slow decline that got him fired there even when he did make the playoffs.  The way those 2 men have been running things there, Edmonton's management which does not give very long ropes very well could be on the way to throw out another HC, unless their players in this meaningless game really send a big message that they want to keep them both.

Edited by USABomberfan

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

During my university days when I was younger (and dumber, if that was possible), after a few beers our group got to arguing if farts were combustible. One of the gang a Quebecois named Daniel was determined to prove it  one way or another once and for all, so he felt flatulence coming on, bent over and dropped his drawers. Another lit up a lighter a few inches away and waited for the blast of gas. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a wet fart, which doused the lighter and ensured that no such experiment was ever attempted again.

Storytime:

Of similar hilariousness, I remember two uncles at Christmas arguing about what would happen if a pingpong ball was put into a microwave (days before google);
Uncle A: Due to the manufacturing process, the ping pong ball contents would explode due to them being somewhat pressurized.
Uncle B: The ball would puncture, then the contents inside the ball would cause it to collapse in upon itself, sort of imploding.

After about 30 minutes of arguing, they of course decided to put it to the test. The result was actually neither, it just smoldered into a little shell of its' former self and was nowhere near as exciting as either posited theory. Also, the smell was absolutely rancid... I remember my aunt being so ticked because it ruined her microwave.

tldr; don't microwave a ping pong ball.

14 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Storytime:

Of similar hilariousness, I remember two uncles at Christmas arguing about what would happen if a pingpong ball was put into a microwave (days before google);
Uncle A: Due to the manufacturing process, the ping pong ball contents would explode due to them being somewhat pressurized.
Uncle B: The ball would puncture, then the contents inside the ball would cause it to collapse in upon itself, sort of imploding.

After about 30 minutes of arguing, they of course decided to put it to the test. The result was actually neither, it just smoldered into a little shell of its' former self and was nowhere near as exciting as either posited theory. Also, the smell was absolutely rancid... I remember my aunt being so ticked because it ruined her microwave.

tldr; don't microwave a ping pong ball.

Sounds to me like the absolute essence of science right there. Hypothesis being formed and then tested.