West:

Player: Mike Reilly
Defensive: Adam Bighill
Canadian: Andrew Harris
Offensive Lineman: Derek Dennis
Special Teams: Brett Lauther
Rookie: Jordan Williams-Lambert

Winners:

Player: Mike Reilly - still the best player in the league, statistically or otherwise
Defensive: Adam Bighill - pure beast mode, defensive nightmare and playmaker
Canadian: Brad Sinopoli - surpassed Ben Cahoon's record for receptions in a season
Offensive Lineman: Derek Dennis - anchors the line that leads the league in passing TDs and sacks allowed
Special Teams: Lewis Ward - home town boy setting records while making some clutch kicks
Rookie: William Stanback - 6.7 yards per carry, over 700 offensive yards in 7 starts... could be good for 2000 combined yards in a competent offense

13 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Winners:

Player: Mike Reilly - still the best player in the league, statistically or otherwise
Defensive: Adam Bighill - pure beast mode, defensive nightmare and playmaker
Canadian: Brad Sinopoli - surpassed Ben Cahoon's record for receptions in a season
Offensive Lineman: Derek Dennis - anchors the line that leads the league in passing TDs and sacks allowed
Special Teams: Lewis Ward - home town boy setting records while making some clutch kicks
Rookie: William Stanback - 6.7 yards per carry, over 700 offensive yards in 7 starts... could be good for 2000 combined yards in a competent offense

What how could you, none of those players are 'Riders... didn't they (and their fans) tell you already that they are clearly the best team in the league? Haven't you been reading all the other threads on this site?

Edited by Eternal optimist

I think the league MVP will be a defensive player this time.

Bighill has changed the Bombers D, gone from league worst, for years, to at this point one of the top in the league.

I think he's the league MVP.

Tait......."Sayles ranks third on the club in defensive plays in his 15 games played, 14 of them starts, with 65 tackles, two forced fumbles, three interceptions and a fumble recovery. He also blocked a punt in a win over Edmonton in September." 

Edited by Mark F

I could see Masoli winning MOP. Good stats, and his team is playoff bound. Not a slight at Reilly who was still great this season but that might convince voters to turn the other way. Bighill should be the MODP. He came not only as advertised but better. Harris will also finish the season as the leading rusher so I think he should win MOC.. but Sinoploli May take it as well. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I could see Masoli winning MOP. Good stats, and his team is playoff bound. Not a slight at Reilly who was still great this season but that might convince voters to turn the other way. Bighill should be the MODP. He came not only as advertised but better. Harris will also finish the season as the leading rusher so I think he should win MOC.. but Sinoploli May take it as well. 

Sinopoli with the Bighill-forced fumble that cost his team a game though. Harris for sure.

23 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trevor Harris wins MOP nominee over William Powell. WTH??

So the candidates for each award were indentified by the FRC, I think that’s the Football Reporters and the Head Coaches. What’s the process? The HC presents names from their team and discusses its local FRC reps and the FRC decides the divisional candidates and eventual individual winners? 

So in your query, is it Campbell valuing Harris over Powell? Can’t seem to agree that the Local FRC would want to create much conflict with the HC in order to maintain a working relationship. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No idea about the process but how can Harris get this nomination over Powell?  It's a joke. 

How about the Harris nomination costs the team less money in incentives than the Powell nomination? Just speculating, and wouldn’t be surprised if money is involved in this round of nominations. They’d guard that secret with a cone of silence that actually works. 

22 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

How about the Harris nomination costs the team less money in incentives than the Powell nomination? Just speculating, and wouldn’t be surprised if money is involved in this round of nominations. They’d guard that secret with a cone of silence that actually works. 

I don't know about that. I've never heard of a team nominating one player over the other to save money on incentives. If any team did that then that would be terrible. Powell was the better player all season. Harris stunk on more than a few occasions. 

20 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

BC nominating a kicker is weird.

very odd... due to his lack of games he probably doesn't have the numbers to justify it... but the BC Lions are a completely different team with Lulay under center... but I suppose he's more "valuable" than he is "outstanding"...

Edited by bearpants

21 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Media votes.  Most of them share their ballots pretty openly.