Who would we rather?

jazzsax

I hope we play Calgary, in front of all 12 of their fans, and then go into the giant toilet bowl in Regina and kick their green butts all the way to Saskatoon.  And then we go into Edmonton and smoke the Tiger-Cats for the win and our first Grey Cup victory in 28 years.  The only reason why I want the Ti-Cats is that the last time we broke a giant Grey Cup drought it was in Edmonton, and we crushed the Ti-Cats in that game.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

23 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I hope we play Calgary, in front of all 12 of their fans, and then go into the giant toilet bowl in Regina and kick their green butts all the way to Saskatoon.  And then we go into Edmonton and smoke the Tiger-Cats for the win and our first Grey Cup victory in 28 years.  The only reason why I want the Ti-Cats is that the last time we broke a giant Grey Cup drought it was in Edmonton, and we crushed the Ti-Cats in that game.

That was an awesome year and game.

I still have the game on VHS, along with the West Final (in BC), the Schenley awards, the Brock Busters video, plus the homecoming parade / party at the old barn (Winnipeg Arena).

Either way, we need to run through the prairies to take the cup. Wins in Calgary, Regina and Edmonton in no particular order. 

7 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Why?  As I understand it, the Leo's can't improve their position in the standings, so why risk your starters?

Only so many players on a CFL roster, most starters will play.   Doubtful the Lions will want to go into the playoffs on a 2 game losing streak.   They’ve only lost once at BC place this year.  

there's something to be said for having momentum going into the postseason... I can't see BC just rolling over and taking the L.   They'll want to win and keep the roll going!  Especially after a loss to the Riders.   As far as resting starters.... do they even really know who their starting QB actually is??

I want the Riders on November 11th for a number of reasons. The most important being: **** that teams fans. They're the pigs of our league. Canada's Alabama. They deserve to be NO WHERE near the Grey Cup. I can't stress how bottom of the barrel they are. I want us to face them and eliminate them and have that rat ass province go back into it's cave for 8 months where it belongs.

30 minutes ago, White Out said:

I want the Riders on November 11th for a number of reasons. The most important being: **** that teams fans. They're the pigs of our league. Canada's Alabama. They deserve to be NO WHERE near the Grey Cup. I can't stress how bottom of the barrel they are. I want us to face them and eliminate them and have that rat ass province go back into it's cave for 8 months where it belongs.

So I guess you are not fond of Saskatchewan or the Riders? :) A little strong language comparing them to Alabama - what has Saskatchewan done to you to compare them to a place like Alabama? That's just not fair!

My friends and I have decided to go to Regina, if they host the WSF. So, I hope Calgary wins. 

For those that have gone to Mosaic, how is the standing room area in Pils Zone? Tickets are pretty reasonable at $31. How is the mood and the atmosphere? 

At this junction, the Bombers are better than both Calgary and Saskatchewan. Playing on the road hurts but frankly I see no major difference in quality between them. Calgary’s offence is struggling due to injuries while Saskatchewan’s is due to poor quality players and play calling. We have to go into each place to get to the cup so while ultimately it doesn’t matter, I guess I’d rather play Calgary first so they don’t have that extra week to get healthier. 

45 minutes ago, JCon said:

My friends and I have decided to go to Regina, if they host the WSF. So, I hope Calgary wins. 

For those that have gone to Mosaic, how is the standing room area in Pils Zone? Tickets are pretty reasonable at $31. How is the mood and the atmosphere? 

If yer wearing your colours you will be met with good cheer and nothing but smiles.  How you think the atmosphere is going to be,  people yelling at you walking around like they just escaped the movie one flew over the cuckoos nest.

3 hours ago, BBRT said:

So I guess you are not fond of Saskatchewan or the Riders? :) A little strong language comparing them to Alabama - what has Saskatchewan done to you to compare them to a place like Alabama? That's just not fair!

Yup. It would be far more appropriate to compare Alberta (particularly southern Alberta) to Alabama. Don't try to take that distinction away from them.

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

At this junction, the Bombers are better than both Calgary and Saskatchewan. Playing on the road hurts but frankly I see no major difference in quality between them. Calgary’s offence is struggling due to injuries while Saskatchewan’s is due to poor quality players and play calling. We have to go into each place to get to the cup so while ultimately it doesn’t matter, I guess I’d rather play Calgary first so they don’t have that extra week to get healthier. 

the difference is calgary has a higher level they can reach offensively and defensively than Saskatchewan if all is working for them. At this point though Calgary is not playing well an i dunno that changes, but we know the smoke and mirrors riders only win when the other team is sloppy with the ball so they're the weakest opponent in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

We were in the stands near the Pilsner Zone at LDC and we all agreed that next year (or the next time we're there), we would try for those tickets instead.  It looked like it would be a pretty good time in there.

Just now, bigg jay said:

We were in the stands near the Pilsner Zone at LDC and we all agreed that next year (or the next time we're there), we would try for those tickets instead.  It looked like it would be a pretty good time in there.

I guess it depends on the score! 

Thanks - I think that's what we'll do. The only concern is whether or not there will still be tickets available when the Stamps beat the Lions. 

3 hours ago, White Out said:

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I went for the opener last July, and everyone was in good spirits!  It was also a nice day out, Canada Day, and they were riding the high of the new stadium...  something tells me the mood in a playoff game might be a little more nasty!   Would still be a great game to go to regardless!   Like our Stadium, don't think there's really a bad seat in the house!

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

the difference is calgary has a higher level they can reach offensively and defensively than Saskatchewan if all is working for them. At this point though Calgary is not playing well an i dunno that changes, but we know the smoke and mirrors riders only win when the other team is sloppy with the ball so they're the weakest opponent in the playoffs.

Sure, but we have to ultimately play both to win it all so would we not rather the less healthy team first?

neither of them are totally healthy...and regardless...that shouldn't be an issue for a team at this point in the year with the second up in place of a starter...unless you have the Dinwiddie scenario where you have a rookie with no game reps whatsover as your QB...most other positions as long as you don't have too many aren't going to make or break you.

A receiving crew of Mathews..Rogers..Ambles..Brescani..Durant with Jackson in the backfield with BLM concerns me a lot more than a crew of Lambert..Evans..Moore..Cannon and Bailey/Bagg/lavoie or whatever insignificant Canadian they use...(which tells you they ain't nothing much If I can't recall) and Marshall with Collaros or Bridge at QB...not to mentin the CGY O-line is much better..and more experienced.

Just now, Booch said:

neither of them are totally healthy...and regardless...that shouldn't be an issue for a team at this point in the year with the second up in place of a starter...unless you have the Dinwiddie scenario where you have a rookie with no game reps whatsover as your QB...most other positions as long as you don't have too many aren't going to make or break you.

A receiving crew of Mathews..Rogers..Ambles..Brescani..Durant with Jackson in the backfield with BLM concerns me a lot more than a crew of Lambert..Evans..Moore..Cannon and Bailey/Bagg/lavoie or whatever insignificant Canadian they use...(which tells you they ain't nothing much If I can't recall) and Marshall with Collaros or Bridge at QB...not to mentin the CGY O-line is much better..and more experienced.

Okay... but the Stamps have significant injuries on defence as well and I would much rather face them without Vaughters, Thurman and Roberson if possible like we did last week.