Who would we rather?

jazzsax

Stamps lose next week ---- then Riders have two weeks off and bye to West Final.

Stamps win next week --- then Riders play bombers in Mosaic.

So we play either Riders in Mosaic for the semi, or Stamps in McMahon. Who would we rather play?

I'd rather play the Stamps to be honest. We've had their number this year, and I'd love for the riders to come in with too much rest and cockiness and get bounced in the west final at Mosaic.

But that's just me.... I loved seeing Wpg hoist the East trophy in Toronto's dome back in 2007... would love to see us do the same in Mosaic, before hoisting the cup a week later!

31 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

Stamps lose next week ---- then Riders have two weeks off and bye to West Final.

Stamps win next week --- then Riders play bombers in Mosaic.

I think it'd be better to play Stamps first, then Riders in the West final for the sole reason that Calgary has more to gain by having that extra bye week with how injuries have decimated their roster of late.

That said - either way, we're in tough for the Western Semi-final.

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Holy eff Im confused this year.... so BC is officially crossover ??!!

How did we go from OMG they have one game in hand on us... to meh whatever ha

We could both finish 10 - 8.  If that happens, we would take third because we are 1-1 head to head but the Bombers have scored more points. Win or lose next week, Bombers are in third place.

5 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

We could both finish 10 - 8.  If that happens, we would take third because we are 1-1 head to head but the Bombers have scored more points. Win or lose next week, Bombers are in third place.

I did not know that.  I would have figured the divisional record would have been the deciding factor when determining the tie breaker between two teams with the same point amount and tied in head to head.

12 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I did not know that.  I would have figured the divisional record would have been the deciding factor when determining the tie breaker between two teams with the same point amount and tied in head to head.

Basically, it'd determined based on how the team(s) that are tied played against each other. Gets a bit more complicated when you have 3 or more teams tied. Assuming we were to tie BC at the end of the year...From CFL website:

When two or more member Clubs are tied in the final Division standings at the conclusion of the regular season schedule, preferential ranking for playoff purposes shall be determined on the basis of the following descending-order priorities and shall be awarded to the Club that:

has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League, then, (season series was split 1-1)
has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then, (against each other, BC/WPG are tied 1-1, both have .500 win %)
has scored the higher net aggregate of points (i.e. points scored for less points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,<- we are here
has scored the higher net quotient of points (i.e. points scored for divided by points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,
has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then,
has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then,
has scored the higher quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then,
has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
has scored the higher net quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
has won a coin toss against the other tied Club.

Note: If two Clubs remain tied after other Club(s) are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step a).

9 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Seems unlikely but if Calgary loses next week then Sask gets 1st place and the bye. That means by the time we get to Mosaic for the Western Final Nov 18 Riders will have been cooling their heels for 3 weeks. I like that scenario, actually.

Yeah, and Calgary is not healthy now. The longer Calgary gets to heal up, the worse it is for everyone.

I still think we're better than both.

I want to go to Edmonton this year.

We are trending up and playing well at exactly the right time.  They survived an injury at the QB position and clearly made the necessary changes / adjustments on defense.  Our overall starting field position indicates strong special teams play.

The QB will not need to carry this team - they will win, lose or draw - as a team.

Punkt. 

Ok so no one has really answered who would we prefer playing.

It's either Calgary on no rest in first week (with Saskatchewan not playing for THREE WEEKS), or Saskatchewan on two weeks rest, with Calgary having the same.

Personally I would rather we take out Calgary in the WSF, and then slaughter the cocky riders a week later. Give them 3 weeks off with minimal contact practices and game experience. That's got to give them a pile of rust. 

53 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I like the idea of playing Calgary on a 4 game losing streak, but really, don't care who we end up playing.  A Bombers/Riders West Final would be pretty cool!   The hype buildup for that week leading up to it would be off the charts!

Yes. But you know what would be the best part?

Knowing the ride-tards had already made their "West Division Champion" shirts to wear that day, only to have to burn them post game, or ship them in a container as a donation to some african country. 

Seriously. Can't wait for their a55es to be bounced.