Lions @ Riders

USABomberfan

20 hours ago, TheBandit said:

Does your defense have 11 TDS? 

> Boasts about the statistic that the Riders' D have 11 defensive touchdowns

1 hour ago, TheBandit said:

It tells me they’re a second place team who potentially can clinch 1st? I could really give two sh*ts about the other stats. At the end of the day the ONLY thing that matters is W’S.

> Says he doesn't care about other stats.
Pick one.

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They bring up the records because they know they are a sham. They are insecure and afraid. I would be too.

The team that beat us 2 out of 3 games, is 7-3 versus the west & who won all west season series’ is likely unafraid of anyone, especially a team who hasn’t won anything in a generation.  

Simmer down 17to85, this regime has a long history of letting us down, let’s not get cocky.  

Edited by Saints4Life

10 minutes ago, Saints4Life said:

The team that beat us 2 out of 3 games, is 7-3 versus the west & who won all west season series’ is likely unafraid of anyone, especially a team who hasn’t won anything in a generation.  

Simmer down 17to85, this regime has a long history of letting us down, let’s not get cocky.  

With that crappy offense and Sam Hurl on their defense, they should be very afraid.

2 hours ago, Saints4Life said:

Irrelevent point.   Stats like that are meaningless in a one game situation, fact is they beat us twice & we beat them when they only had 4 days rest before playing us at noon on a Saturday after playing on Thanksgiving Monday.  Remember we had more than a full week of rest before that game & we were still fighting for our playoff lives, I believe the Riders had already clinched.    Luckily for us we’ve had a very good schedule this season where we only had one short week.  

As someone who played the game..at cv this point in year that is irrelevant...you can easily play a game a day or two later with no ill effects...that excuse is very week...also there is nothing in the extra few days off that a team can install and catch another off guard..

24 minutes ago, Saints4Life said:

And the fact rider fans yammer on about not winning a cup in a while is stale too...4 cups to 10 says everything..and one of the 4 would have vanished with video replay...so really boasting about #1990 is laughable when we have won second most cups..or is it 3rd?..as well as having most cup appearances on history and havnt had to have 2 telethons to save us because of non existant fans in the lean years..

30 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I hope while you Priders are planning the Grey Cup parade, you make sure that Charleston Hughes isn't driving the float.

ROFL!

Well you can beat it won't be collaros cuz his head is probably still spinning. And it won't be Jones cuz he will be off somewhere breaking some league rule trying to practice some guy that's not eligible.

And it won't be the 13th man. Cuz they will be too buys stuffing poop in bags and leaving it on some random players doorstep.

20 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

With that crappy offense and Sam Hurl on their defense, they should be very afraid.

Honestly their highlight, and what has kept them in games has been Jefferson. He has been hot. 

But seriously. Throw dressler and Adams deep against Hurl and they are screwed. 

The fact that a guy gets rattled like that from a hit that wasnt that viscous is evidence enough he should hang em up..or at the least not be your main starter. 

Even that one earlier this year that knocked him out for a few games was pretty minor of a shot...guys damaged goods

Collaros , oh oh

Concussion, oh oh oh oh

He’s flown way up to the clouds

Away from the maddening crowds

We can gasp in the strike of a star that we know of

Where players lose a piece of their mind

And leave the confusion and all disillusion behind

Concussion..no no no no.

With apologies to Volore Songwriters: Domenico Modugno / Francesco Migliacci

Edited by Mr Dee

33 minutes ago, Booch said:

The fact that a guy gets rattled like that from a hit that wasnt that viscous is evidence enough he should hang em up..or at the least not be your main starter. 

Even that one earlier this year that knocked him out for a few games was pretty minor of a shot...guys damaged goods

His mouth was bleeding. I don't think he has a concussion. He chewed Proux out the whole commercial break. Willis in true classy fashion egged the fans on with bring it on arm motions, I'm surprised the Lions bench didn't get pelted with beer cans. Collaros stayed in to finish the drive for the td and then didn't return. He didn't look very woozy to me, more mad than anything.  Guess we will see what comes of it.  As far as the hit not being viscous, well come on man I know you played ball. That was a head shot plain and simple.

2 hours ago, Saints4Life said:

Okay Prider, whatever you say. At least have the guts to stop pretending you're a Bomber supporter.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

As someone who played the game..at cv this point in year that is irrelevant...you can easily play a game a day or two later with no ill effects...that excuse is very week...also there is nothing in the extra few days off that a team can install and catch another off guard..

That’s an utterly ridiculous post.  I too have played the game & playing football with only 1 day prep & 4 days between games on the road  is a huge disadvantage going against a team with more than a week between games.   Why do you think the Bombers brass was so elated when the schedule came out?   We were blessed with only one short week all season. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Saying that hit on Collaros wasn’t vicious shows that your level of football knowledge is like little to nil. 

1 hour ago, Saints4Life said:

Saying that hit on Collaros wasn’t vicious shows that your level of football knowledge is like little to nil. 

While I will agree the hit was certainly dirty and illegal, I love how you guys are dragging Willis through the mud on this thing... you guys know he was a Rider at one point, right? It's all sunshine and lollipops when it's a dirty Rider ("anything to win", "it's not cheating unless you're caught"), but as soon as it's against a man in green...oh boy..

And don't give me that "well yeah but Willis was a Bomber at one point too", yeah he was, and had poor locker room attitude and we shipped him off to crazytown Regina for some draft picks.. His first order of business - DUI. Sound familiar? ... too soon?