Lions @ Riders

USABomberfan

Just now, AtlanticRiderFan said:

It's only luck if it happens a handful of times. I think it's safe to bet at this point that the Rider defence has legitimate ability to score touchdowns.

That’s not true. Turnovers are skill based, converting them into touchdowns is largely not. Having the QB fumble the ball on the 1 and having a defender pick it up isn’t largely random?

8 minutes ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Toronto and Montreal easily have worse offences. I mean, seriously, they are 4-12 and 3-13. I know our D is the main cause of our record, but without the occasional boosts in our offence, we wouldn't be 11-6.

Who cares?  Those teams are done.

Do you celebrate being taller than children?

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Who cares?  Those teams are done.

Do you celebrate being taller than children?

Because what I'm saying is, if our offence was worse than those teams, we wouldn't be 12-6. Our offence has at least something to do with our success, even if most of it hasn't. Not trying to claim it's a spectacular offence. It completely sputtered against you guys in that last game.

5 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

That’s not true. Turnovers are skill based, converting them into touchdowns is largely not. Having the QB fumble the ball on the 1 and having a defender pick it up isn’t largely random?

Those types of plays are easy, but not all defensive TDs are that easy; longer defensive TDs require good blocking. Plenty of fumbles/interceptions account to wasted drives if they aren't cashed in right away.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'd say Montreal has the worst offense, Riders would be next. 

BC tonight looked like the drizzling shits. They looked terrible with Lulay, the return game was amazingly bad. Also some terrible play calling on offense.

This I'd say was the biggest culprit of failure.  Jairius Jackson and Buono came in with a lame game plan.  This will not happen with Lapolice calling plays.

Wally with the farewell tour but truthfully he should have retired a year ago. Great coach at one time but he isn't getting it done anymore. The Lions qb situation is just an example of Wally letting things go for too long without trying to solve it.  His coaching or lack thereof has really set this team back.  I can see Ed Hervey being very frustrated as this is totally Wally's team as long as he's around. 

Did anyone notice the play where Willis gets hit in the head with the ball? When I watched this, and I admit I am looking for it, how is this not a holding penalty? I mean, my gawd, if I'm an official I am tossing a flag for this all game long. But this is allowed for some reason for the Riders. I just don't understand why Sask is allowed to do this repeatedly with impunity. I don't think they got called for it even once. Is it because their offence is so bad that they get a lot of slack or what? Somehow help me out here. Holding or not?

Sask-Holding.gif

20 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Announced Collaros is fine.

Of course they will say that. This is Jones we are talking about, biggest lying scumbag with more than 3 teeth in the province of Saskatchewan (Of course, he's in a limited pool of scumbags, not many there with more than 3 teeth)

Riders have 1, maybe 2 weeks to try let him heal and bring him in to either the semi or the final, only to be knocked out by the 2nd quarter. 

32 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

Of course they will say that. This is Jones we are talking about, biggest lying scumbag with more than 3 teeth in the province of Saskatchewan (Of course, he's in a limited pool of scumbags, not many there with more than 3 teeth)

Riders have 1, maybe 2 weeks to try let him heal and bring him in to either the semi or the final, only to be knocked out by the 2nd quarter. 

Why do you sound so desperate? Your total disrespect shows just how weak your cause really is. Comments like yours bring down all the really good Bomber fans! 

First off no Head Coach publicly announce lies about the health of a player. If you haven’t noticed no one is playing around with Head Injuries. Also name one fricken public announcement from any CFL head coach this year that was a lie! ... tick tock, tick tock buzzzz! times up ... the answer is not one of them  

SK has 2 weeks before they play again. If the Head Coach GM of the Riders wanted to play any head games at all. He would be best not to say anything. 

23 minutes ago, 3rd & 1 said:

First off no Head Coach publicly announce lies about the health of a player. If you haven’t noticed no one is playing around with Head Injuries. Also name one fricken public announcement from any CFL head coach this year that was a lie! ... tick tock, tick tock buzzzz! times up ... the answer is not one of them  

That's cute.  

1 hour ago, Albertabomberguy said:

Didn’t Collaros already hide one concussion this season?  With his history and the way he was hit, I can’t see him not being a little concussed.

This. And to say Jones doesn't lie... well...

Can't wait for riders to get their asses handed to them. Tick tock, tick tock, golf season starts soon.