3 stars plus hh fog bowl edition

wbbfan

What else can you say about Bighill...the guy just keeps strippin and stickin the opposition...what a force and the day we signed him was one of the best days this team has had in a long time

Harris is the heart of this team and with that extra effort on that flip from Matt sure showed why...Tremendous baller

Nichols appears to have regained and returned to the old Nichols we seen last year...Great improvement on his part and if he keeps it going….sky is the limit...5 wins in a row and counting

11 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Nichols still can't hit the deep...oh. Great game for him. Glad he is playing better, because for a while he was baaaaaaaad. Still mad about the Banjo Bowl. A Grey Cup would give me  a short memory.

Demski needs to not wave the ball around with one hand when he's getting tackled.

Demski reminds me of early blink. Needs to learn better ball protection and learn when to go down but man I love him in this role and watching him play. 

Ed Tait:    "Winnipeg now ranks second in points surrendered this year at 22.8, behind only the Stamps at 20.3. And it’s been eons since a Winnipeg defence could boast those numbers.

“It starts off with really building our chemistry,” said Adam Bighill earlier this week. “We’ve had a lot of the same guys in our lineup and we’ve learned from our mistakes and just built together. It’s understanding our gameplan, executing it, not giving up big plays and really making the offence have to earn everything. Everyone’s doing a great job of getting after the quarterback and affecting his rhythm. In this league, that’s what you’ve got to do.”

The Bombers have had seven games this year in which 10 or more of their points have come off turnovers. They lead the league with 141 points off turnovers, or 28 percent of their total points."

Second ranked defence.

Darvin Adams.... showing that he is a number one receiver. 

Edited by Mark F

1. Matt Nichols - That’s my quarterback

2. Darvin Adams - was getting loose all night

3.  JSK - He is JR Bighill. That combo is starting to get into the level of Bighill and Eliminium 

hh Jeff Hecht stepped in last minute and was solid also he was not a liked man by the Calgary Stampeders. Plays with a edge for sure.

From my observations as well I think this game showed that Nichols was truly playing hurt earlier in the year and played a large part in his innefectiveness and uncharacteristic play. 

He was able to escape pressure in tight in the pocket to either make a play..or extend a play...especially on the shovel to Harris where he  got that first down on that crazy run. Earlier in the year he would have just turtled down or just get swallowed up.

Also notice his throws now are more crisp..decisive and deliberate as he can drop.. set..plant and fire..before he just couldn't.. and it showed..

5 hours ago, Booch said:

From my observations as well I think this game showed that Nichols was truly playing hurt earlier in the year and played a large part in his ineffectiveness and uncharacteristic play. 

He was able to escape pressure in tight in the pocket to either make a play..or extend a play...especially on the shovel to Harris where he  got that first down on that crazy run. Earlier in the year he would have just turtled down or just get swallowed up.

Also notice his throws now are more crisp..decisive and deliberate as he can drop.. set..plant and fire..before he just couldn't.. and it showed..

To me it looked as much mental as physical. Nichols was hesitant and confused since the beginning of the season and it all culminated in those two horrible games against the Riders. It did not turn around until the bye week where he went home and reprogrammed his head.

Edited by Tracker

This is the first time we've beat Calgary in a game that mattered in a long, long time.

HH to Hecht -- I groaned when I saw we were playing a replacement safety against BLM and I was anticipating eating some big time pain down the deep middle of the field .. but didn't hear his name called a lot by TSN.

Edited by johnzo

3 minutes ago, johnzo said:

This is the first time we've beat Calgary in a game that mattered in a long, long time.

HH to Hecht -- I groaned when I saw we were playing a replacement safety against BLM and I was anticipating eating some big time pain down the deep middle of the field .. but didn't hear his name called a lot by TSN.

I missed the news - where was Loffler?

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Well.... One year, anyhow. 

fair enough ... better to say that it's the first time in a long time we've beat Calgary in a game that mattered to both teams ... last year the Stamps had already wrapped up first and they started Buckley, who was awful.

Edited by johnzo

4 hours ago, Booch said:

From my observations as well I think this game showed that Nichols was truly playing hurt earlier in the year and played a large part in his innefectiveness and uncharacteristic play. 

I agree with your assessment here... I also thought he was playing hurt. The real question though, why would our coaching staff rush him back, especially when we had a very serviceable backup in Streveler?

20 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Because Streveler was trending up way too fast for Nichols liking.

I can see O' Shea having a big hand in that too. As a player's coach I think he wanted to publicly show his support for Nichols even at the expense of Nichols himself. No better example than putting him back into a game that was already lost, where he had played terribly, had just got dinged up AND Streveler was moving the ball. This of course led to the (understandable in my opinion) booing and the Nichols meltdown afterward.

Allowing Nichols to come back from his injury as quickly as he did is within that same vein I think and did Nichols no favours.