Game Day Thread- Week Twenty, GAME 17: Calgary @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers October 13th, 20126

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

Another thing.. I didn't realize what a whiney lil twit Dickenson is..and used to think he was a straight up dude but after that game..man..lost a lot of respect for him..makes u appreciate o'shea and his calm demeanor and way he shows displeasure on sideline

Noticed that last time we played them too. He had something to complain about after every single play.

The thing with the 3rd fown gamble.. the live mike caught the call as 11 wedge..so who's to know if CGY wasnt having a guy watch live feed and signalled in where the sneak was going..that screams of a dickenson move...and on the play the cgy defence seemed to converge in that spot..that's why I hate the live Mike.

Also I even picked up on what the play was on the x..or y shave play we called on several occasion  I hope they scrap that next year

One thing about the live mic. It finally explains to me the reason Chris Jones called out Dickenson at midfield after one of their games a couple of years ago. We overheard Jones say “win with some class” or words to that effect. 

I thought Jones was just being a sissy pants because they lost, but now I figure it was because Dickenson was being whiny in a game they were winning. 

Now, this is conjecture on my part but after hearing Dickey boy in the game last night, I’m not so sure I’m wrong..

I am super pumped today because yesterday was the first time we've beaten Calgary in a game that mattered to both teams since the Mike Kelly era.

2017, we beat them in the final week, but they'd already sewn up first and started Andrew Buckley, who was terrible.

2014, we beat them in the Robert Marve snow bowl game, but we'd already been eliminated and they'd already clinched 1st.

2009, we beat them in Week 2.  We won an onside kick to start the game, Sidiq Shabbaz beast feasted, and Stefan LeFors threw a couple TD passes.

Edited by johnzo

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

One thing about the live mic. It finally explains to me the reason Chris Jones called out Dickenson at midfield after one of their games a couple of years ago. We overheard Jones say “win with some class” or words to that effect. 

I thought Jones was just being a sissy pants because they lost, but now I figure it was because Dickenson was being whiny in a game they were winning. 

Now, this is conjecture on my part but after hearing Dickey boy in the game last night, I’m not so sure I’m wrong..

a friend of mine in Calgary's daughter played soccer with Dickenson's daughter.  He couldn't dial it back even at his daughter's soccer games, he was screaming and yelling at the refs and the parents of the other teams.  My buddy said the only reason he didn't lay the guy out was because he was a Stamps fan....

16 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

a friend of mine in Calgary's daughter played soccer with Dickenson's daughter.  He couldn't dial it back even at his daughter's soccer games, he was screaming and yelling at the refs and the parents of the other teams.  My buddy said the only reason he didn't lay the guy out was because he was a Stamps fan....

LOL the irony of Jones saying win with some class. He's the biggest douchebag pretty much worldwide. 

7 hours ago, Booch said:

The thing with the 3rd fown gamble.. the live mike caught the call as 11 wedge..so who's to know if CGY wasnt having a guy watch live feed and signalled in where the sneak was going..that screams of a dickenson move...and on the play the cgy defence seemed to converge in that spot..that's why I hate the live Mike.

Also I even picked up on what the play was on the x..or y shave play we called on several occasion  I hope they scrap that next year

Yup, when they caught that on the Mic, you knew Dickenson has someone relaying that info to him.

18 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yup, when they caught that on the Mic, you knew Dickenson has someone relaying that info to him.

Don't like the live mic games anymore either.  Not that I ever did. There's just too much noise clutter. Most times the coaches mics are turned off so we miss what is being discussed & we get the announcers trying to talk over "Ranger! Ranger! Ranger!!" And yes, giving the play away.  Hope this is the last of them. 

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Don't like the live mic games anymore either.  Not that I ever did. There's just too much noise clutter. Most times the coaches mics are turned off so we miss what is being discussed & we get the announcers trying to talk over "Ranger! Ranger! Ranger!!" And yes, giving the play away.  Hope this is the last of them. 

Or Strevler yelling F---k Bieber!  F---k Bieber!

Edited by kelownabomberfan

7 hours ago, johnzo said:

I am super pumped today because yesterday was the first time we've beaten Calgary in a game that mattered to both teams since the Mike Kelly era.

2017, we beat them in the final week, but they'd already sewn up first and started Andrew Buckley, who was terrible.

2014, we beat them in the Robert Marve snow bowl game, but we'd already been eliminated and they'd already clinched 1st.

2009, we beat them in Week 2.  We won an onside kick to start the game, Sidiq Shabbaz beast feasted, and Stefan LeFors threw a couple TD passes.

Hahaha remember when Teyo Johnson was good till he was shot in the leg 

15 hours ago, johnzo said:

Hey, if you want to go that far back you should include the Dinwiddie performance in 2008. That was a great game. 

17 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Am I the only one who had a bad case of de ja vu when Darvin Adams went up for a virtually meaningless onside kick with no time on the clock?

NO YOU WERE NOT!

I flashed back to last year and Buono's insistence and putting players in positions to get hurt for no reason. 

I held my breath until he jumped up. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm pretty sure they are not relaying the plays to the defense.   Not enough time for it.   

The live mic could make it easier to analyze previous game film.  I'd be willing to bet there's something to what Booch is saying, one way or the other. 

I don't see how the coaches  would accept anything that could be used to allow their play calls to be analysed.

It's against everything they do, vanilla offence preseason, closed practices,  useless interviews where they say nothing, injury nondisclosure, basically, complete secrecy about everything.