Game Day Thread- Week Twenty, GAME 17: Calgary @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers October 13th, 20126

I guess there were a bunch of cannons going off down Bishop too... was pretty foggy on the drive home!   what a moron... 

That was the game of the year.... total team effort, and Nichols finally playing to his ability.  I've been hard on him all season, but I think it was warranted because with the exception of the West Semi, Matt hasn't played a game like this since September 2017.   Well called game by LaPo as well.   That TD to Wolitarsky was all about the misdirection.   TSN had a great angle, and you could just see the defence had no clue where the ball was going!   So nice to see this team gelling in late October, and to be getting messages from friends & co-workers who are Rider fans saying 'damn, we really want to see you guys cross over to the East'

Edited by trueBlue83

3 hours ago, J5V said:

Suitor really is getting sickening with his obvious anti-Bomber bias. I've become quite disappointed with Cuthbert too.

Cuthbert just goes along with what Suitor says. Suitor talks ish to make it more dramatic but he really should just shut up. Then he always disagrees with the call. 

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Somebody is a little salty

your tears sustain me. 

1. the stadium is the loudest in the CFL - yes, WITHOUT pumping fake noise.
2. If you think the whole stadium was covered in "cannon smoke" you're just simply a moron
3. If you DID get called gay, is going on social media and calling other people "rude n classless" the right move?

Hahaha I can't wait for the annual Calgary playoff choke-job

Edited by Dr Zaius

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Despite Riders being Riders, there's still no team I hate more than the Eskimos. After tonight, let's raise a glass to the memory of Cal Murphy; the last truly great Bomber coach, who lost his job after being cheated by those same "tacks in the shoes" b-astards in the '96 semis.

I'll always hate the Riders more than Esks but I won't miss that swagger they USED TO HAVE with the deep ball. I was getting tired of the deep Edmon-CHUCK downfield by Reilly.  With the injuries to their receiving corps & craptacular OL that didn't give Reilly any time to sit in the pocket & throw deep the Maas offense was neutered. That was a big reason why they are 8-9 & going nowhere.  They really didn't have a spread the ball around the field kind of offense we have. It was always about the quick strike vertical game. Once that was taken away they just couldn't move the ball consistently. 

15 hours ago, TheBandit said:

Don’t know why people are so pumped about Demski. His is a below average player.

He has more combined yards then every Canadian on the Riders lol. Would be your third leading rusher and fourth leading receiver it he is real below average 😂 

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Despite Riders being Riders, there's still no team I hate more than the Eskimos. After tonight, let's raise a glass to the memory of Cal Murphy; the last truly great Bomber coach, who lost his job after being cheated by those same "tacks in the shoes" b-astards in the '96 semis.

Cheers to that

The Morning After...With Coffee

👁‍🗨Calgary quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell lost a third-straight game for the first time in his CFL career. 👁‍🗨 can’t stop thinking that there’s a little less twang in his accent today..

👁‍🗨I do really want to see if we have a k/r in Nelson as we need help there. But where to fit him in the lineup?

👁‍🗨Thank you Chris Matthews for stretching for more yardage. That wasn’t smart or necessary. J Santos-Knox forced a turnover and the Bombers were on their way to a FG to tie the game.

👁‍🗨Curse you Chris Matthews for that 60 yard reception that led to a TD. Stamps 9-6 

👁‍🗨A strong Bomber defensive stand held the Stamps to 3 points after a Demski fumble, where his own teammate knocked it loose at the 25 yard line. Key play - a pass knock down by K. Fogg. It’s not a stretch to say this was a turning point for the Bombers. 12-3 as opposed to 16-3. That stop was huge.

👁‍🗨12-6 halftime score. In the past, it was never a good sign when trailing heading into the 3rd Q. But a 50 yard bomb to Adams helped change that. And then after the Stamps scored, a 60 yard pass to Wolitarsky showed where we’re at Offensively.

👁‍🗨Then, Bighill took over and forced yet another fumble. Another Bomber FG and an 11 point lead.

👁‍🗨Aren’t those 3rd down gambles nerve-wracking? I believe I would have punted. O’Shea’s not scared though and says he would do it again. That’s 3 - 3rd down failures that I can recall, and the 1st 2 almost cost us the playoffs.

👁‍🗨Then..the bobble at the goal line by Rogers. A slight bobble while attempting the catch at the goal line cost the Stamps a TD. A call either way couldn’t be overturned. It was too close.

👁‍🗨LaPo - a well called game. You deserve credit for this one!

👁‍🗨Can’t forget R. Hall, who’s always being slammed. Lots of timely pressures.

👁‍🗨The playmakers stepped up last night. And the list is long. Nichols, Harris, the O-line, J Santos-Knox, what’s his name? in the middle, Adams, and yes..Demski.

👁‍🗨Sayles (what a find)

👁‍🗨511 yards and possession time, great yac yards. Good combo.

👁‍🗨Clean game - only 4 penalties each.

👁‍🗨That 4th Q was a beaut. Stopped the Stamps on their 1st drive and then controlled the ball for 3 1/2 minutes to kick that FG from no pressure Medlock.

👁‍🗨There was a turnover on downs, and a controversial no-catch call at the goal line. You could almost hear the screams from Edmonton. - No reports on damage though, from the Maas household.

👁‍🗨Now today, can just sit back and enjoy some football and hockey without the worry of getting into the playoffs..

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Ha ha, we win you lose Stamps, end of story.

Very happy for the players who have worked their butts off to secure a playoff spot. Coach O'Shea, no more 3rd down gambles from your 29 when you are up 2 scores please. 

Anything less than a yard- always go for it. This should be automatic.

3 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Anything less than a yard- always go for it. This should be automatic.

I agreed with the call to go for it on 3rd & 1 but LaPo called the wrong play. Streveler is a quick, physical ball carrier so let him go wide & find a hole to sneak thru. LaPo decided to go straight ahead & looked like Streveler didn't get low enough. Got stood up & turned sideways. Right play. Wrong call. 

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This is too unbelievable to not be a joke... it's not possible to be stupid enough to think that fog in the air was from a cannon that shot off 5 or 6 times over a 3 hour period...

And if he had paid any attention he would realize the fog was coming from the south to the north, cannon smoke would go the same direction, leaving the north side of the stadium

Just watch the play..after he first has it hit his hands he loses control and ball is loose and slides down his chest..as he falls he hits ground with it in his possession...BUT he at that point wasnt over the plane of goal line..and then didnt survive contact with ground..hence the call made and in my opinion the right one ans I am sure that's what they noticed/and discussed at command center.

Another thing.. I didn't realize what a whiney lil twit Dickenson is..and used to think he was a straight up dude but after that game..man..lost a lot of respect for him..makes u appreciate o'shea and his calm demeanor and way he shows displeasure on sideline

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Just watch the play..after he first has it hit his hands he loses control and ball is loose and slides down his chest..as he falls he hits ground with it in his possession...BUT he at that point wasnt over the plane of goal line..and then didnt survive contact with ground..hence the call made and in my opinion the right one ans I am sure that's what they noticed/and discussed at command center.

Another thing.. I didn't realize what a whiney lil twit Dickenson is..and used to think he was a straight up dude but after that game..man..lost a lot of respect for him..makes u appreciate o'shea and his calm demeanor and way he shows displeasure on sideline

I sit right at the goal in the upper deck first row in that corner. It was pretty obvious sitting right above it live that he never had control of ball in end zone. Thought they were going to spot ball at the one. Was confused when they put it at 5.

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

So, which decision was more questionable?

O’Shea’s decision to gamble on 3rd down late in the game?     OR

Dickenson’s decision to go for the TD late in the game instead of a FG, in a 2 score game, late in the game? 

O’Shea’s decision was fine. We have a great short yardage team and that’s still a very high percentage play, regardless of the end result. I want O’Shea making aggressive calls like that.