Game Day Thread- Week Twenty, GAME 17: Calgary @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers October 13th, 20126

7 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

I can understand why it was such a hard call to make, but yeah I’m not complaining either.

Thought this mic’d up game once again showed the vastly different character of each coach.

Dickenson: screaming at the refs “he can’t do that! Hey he can’t do that!”

O’shea: to his players “go get it - you go get it”

And at the start of the game MOS throwing out the f bomb every second word. Cuthburt and Suitor seemed stunned.You could tell he was zoned in for the game. I think they turned his Mike down after that :)

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Funny, I looked at it & said to my wife he didn't survive contact. 

I thought all he had to do was break the plane with possession, which I thought he had clearly done, but I may be confused with NFL rules. (Or just plain confused 🙂

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The refs kept telling Dickenson that Rodgers didn't have control & there wasn't enough video evidence to overturn it.  As far as the talking heads at TSN< they really don't. Suitor just mumbles while rambling on saying that he disagrees with the CC's decision which he always does. 

Suitor really is getting sickening with his obvious anti-Bomber bias. I've become quite disappointed with Cuthbert too.

5 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

yet most on here want O'Shea gone based on the last few months.....

The only thing I didn't like was the failed 3rd down gamble. He has been burnt on those several times this season.

If anyone's interested, here is the official definition, from the 2018 CFL Rulebook, of what constitutes a touchdown ...

"A touchdown is scored when the ball is in possession of a player in the opponent's Goal Area, or when the ball in the possession of a player crosses or touches the plane of the opponent's Goal Line. Should the ball subsequently be fumbled, or the player in possession forced back into the Field of Play, the touchdown shall score."

1 hour ago, Dragon37 said:

With respect to the controversial TD, live from my seat he looked he dropped it. Later watching the replay he clearly scored. However, it was a nice bit of karma for us considering they got a win here two years ago on a bogus call. 

Easy solution to the controversy is if Rogers holds the ball.  By bobbling it and then losing it he puts it in the refs hands.

Personally I don’t feel that he completed the catch AND had the ball over the plane.  He bobbles it and regained control outside of the end zone and then had it knocked out of his hands.  If it’s a completion he’s down at the 1.

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Didn't maintain possession and the ball did not cross the goal line = no td.

We can argue if he maintained possession or not, but the ball did cross the goal line.

Play #149: #Stampeders pass at the goal line ruled incomplete. All potential scoring plays are automatically reviewed. After review, the Replay Official ruled there was no clear and obvious evidence the ruling on the field was incorrect. The call on the field stands. #CFL

— CFL Football Operations (@CFLFootballOps) October 27, 2018

More here: http://3downnation.com/2018/10/27/cfl-command-centre-just-help-snuff-esks-playoff-chances/

Edited by TBURGESS

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Didn't maintain possession and the ball did not cross the goal line = no td.

It 100% crossed. Control...there may be something there.

Watching from home after they showed the replay I thought it was a TD. But I've sat and watched as the bombers have been on the other end of those calls, so it's nice to see it go their way...these are the types of things you need happening this time of year.

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

We can argue if he maintained possession or not, but the ball did cross the goal line.

That pylon view gif doesn’t show Rogers bobble long before Alexander comes in.  He doesn’t control the ball until he rolls onto his back, and the ball is on the field side of the plane at that point.  Even if it’s a completion it’s a turnover on downs.

The field view from the other end zone clearly shows the bobble.

Again, I am not gonna cry over it but guys being so sure of the call I think are fooling themselves a bit. The live call was incomplete and the video replay is 100% inconclusive because at key points the ball and therefore any concept of control or lack thereof are obstructed. The bits I see Rogers doesn’t bobble or lose control until after he is down so in my opinion it should be a TD.

Does anyone remember the Stegall non-touchdown where he caught it, and flipped it to the ground in celebration and the refs ruled he didn't have possession? Or did i make that up?

As for yesterday, how are so many of you still missing the fact that he bobbled the ball in the air? You can see him double clutching it on the way to the ground. To me it was an easy no-TD call.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No more Reilly deep balls. No more flukey catches. No more Williams. No more Hazelton. No more Walker may be back for the playoffs. No more beating up the Gatorade by Maas. No more throwing his headset. Esks… Gone. Gone. Gone.  I love it. 

Despite Riders being Riders, there's still no team I hate more than the Eskimos. After tonight, let's raise a glass to the memory of Cal Murphy; the last truly great Bomber coach, who lost his job after being cheated by those same "tacks in the shoes" b-astards in the '96 semis.

9 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Of course saying he’s extremely bad is an exaggeration but his tendency to go sideways instead of forward is frustrating and rarely results in a positive play. 

Fair enough. And I agree: he needs to learn when to just go down.

9 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Rogers clearly did not have control, nor did he survive contact and anyone who says otherwise is either blind or doesn’t understand the rules of football. 

It sure looked like he bobbled the ball as he attempted to catch it.

8 hours ago, Scorch said:

So all 3 members of the TSN panel, who unanimously agreed it should’ve been a TD, don’t understand the rules of football? 

But the other side of the coin is neither the officials nor the command centre don't understand the rules of football...?

The panel's a sounding board of opinions. And totally irrelevant as far as calls go in a game.