Next Game vs Calgary Here

USABomberfan

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So Harris I get has some numbers that look appealing, but what has he done that Nichols hasn't? Masoli too for that matter.

Passing Yards: Harris 4849, Masoli 4966, Nichols 2788.

QUAR: Harris 73.7, Masoli 84.9 , Nichols 69.0

Pass Effic: Harris 97.7 , Masoli 102.8, Nichols 69.7

300 Yard games this year: Harris 10, Masoil 12, Nichols 0

Harris winnng percentage .777

Masoli winning percentage .500

Nichols winning percentage .625

(this year)

Not sure if Harris is much better than Nichols. Both have had their ups & downs.

Now if Reilly became a free agent and would listen to offers...that would be a whole 'nother story

Edited by blueingreenland

We're talking QB's and folks say our QB is better because he won more games. OK, I'll think about that for a second...

If either Harris or Masoli were our starting QB, I'd say we'd have won as many or more games this year. Both are better passers. Masoli's a significantly better runner. Neither had a month of bad play in a row. Neither were injured for 3 games. The big one though is that QB play hasn't been the main reason we're winning. Defense won 3 of the last 4 games. We don't rely on our QB winning for us. We just rely on our QB not to lose games via turn overs. Nichols wasn't even up to that bar for a month.

If Nichols started for either Ottawa or Hamilton this year, I'd say that they would have won less games. Both those teams rely on their QB's to win games for them and both rely on the deep ball more than we do.

If we were playing magical fantasy trades ...   I'd choose Masoli,  then Harris ,  then Nichols. 

The reason I would choose Masoli first is that even when the guy is running for his life he has the ability to throw a dart down field to a receiver.  With our much better o-line I think he would have way more chances for running it himself and I think Thompkins and Wolitarsky both see way more balls.  

I'd choose Harris over Nichols mainly because he also can throw a deep pass and when he's on he's much more productive then Nichols.   I'd be scared of bad Harris re-appearing but with our awesome o-line I think he cleans house. 

Nichols I choose last mainly because with an awesome rb and o-line he still struggles to really excel.   The regression he's shown this season he has to be #3 because if the defense doesn't show up and/or Harris doesn't run wild...  I don't see Nichols putting the team on his back to win.   A game manager only wins if special teams and the defense show up and play big.

You've got to like the way Masoli operates Jones's run & shoot but is able to hoof it for a first down once in awhile. Masoli reminds me a bit of Chuck Ealey, a very mobile QB who we got from the Cats for Dieter Brock. Nichols lack of mobility is starting to remind me of remind me of Brock. But without Brock's arm strength.

44 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

We're talking QB's and folks say our QB is better because he won more games. OK, I'll think about that for a second...

If either Harris or Masoli were our starting QB, I'd say we'd have won as many or more games this year. Both are better passers. Masoli's a significantly better runner. Neither had a month of bad play in a row. Neither were injured for 3 games. The big one though is that QB play hasn't been the main reason we're winning. Defense won 3 of the last 4 games. We don't rely on our QB winning for us. We just rely on our QB not to lose games via turn overs. Nichols wasn't even up to that bar for a month.

If Nichols started for either Ottawa or Hamilton this year, I'd say that they would have won less games. Both those teams rely on their QB's to win games for them and both rely on the deep ball more than we do.

both Harris and Masoli have way better receivers than Nichols does, both are in offenses that focus on the passing game more. 

It's quite frankly unfair to Nichols to make that comparison. You swap qbs here and they're still going to use Andrew Harris and the patented Lapo short passing game because that's how this offense is built. 

I say we just be happy with the guy who has got this team a good record of the past few seasons. He's not perfect but he's the best qb we've had here in a hell of a long time so let's not go down that grass is greener path again. 

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I say we just be happy with the guy who has got this team a good record of the past few seasons. He's not perfect but he's the best qb we've had here in a hell of a long time so let's not go down that grass is greener path again. 

It's hard to be happy with a guy who has struggled many times this season with putting together a drive all while having great protection, great RB,  and open receivers.   He's definitely been better during the winning streak but it's hard to get that bad taste in the mouth when he **** the bed during the losing streak. 

It would be nice to see Nichols get the respect he deserves. What’s his record since taking over for Willy in 2016? If you don’t think there’s a correlation between us turning around as a franchise then you’re out to lunch. Let’s enjot what we have going now. Was Nichols great during our losing streak? No. Is he a contributor to our 8-5 record with him in the line up? Absolutely.